Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swing your Sword

vCash

Swing your Sword

If you have not read it, make it next on your list. It will help you understand a lot about what goes on with Leach, our team, his play-calling, expectations, etc. It is a great read and will definitely get you excited for better days ahead.

vCash
    Why is it over 100 dollars in some places?

vCash
    Supply and demand. Got mine the week after he was announced for about $13

vCash
    I just downloaded to my iPhone (kindle app) and it was cheap.

vCash
    Paperback is $14 on Amazon.
    Hardcover is a little over $30.

Not sure where you are seeing it for $100.

vCash
    The one I want just based on the title is "Squib Kick It To A Fat Guy". I think it is a collection of Leach quotes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Paperback is $14 on Amazon.
    Hardcover is a little over $30.

Not sure where you are seeing it for $100.

When it was not available in the normal retail markets, some on Amazon, etc. put the price way up there to try and make a big profit. I purchased mine from Campus Book Mart for $17.99. I had ordered from them back several weeks ago, along with two caps, and the book had been on back order until last Thursday when I was notified that it was available.

vCash
    An Ole Miss buddy of mine loaned me his copy. He wanted them to hire him awhile back.

vCash
    I got a copy off of iBooks for about $13.

vCash
    Damn, P-5 head coach, Lawyer, and a Author what's next?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How about a Championship? That sounds like a plan to me.

vCash
    Bought it on Amazon the day he was hired....for less than $5...will hold opinion until we see what throwing th ball about 75% of the time will do against SEC defenses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Bought it on Amazon the day he was hired....for less than $5...will hold opinion until we see what throwing th ball about 75% of the time will do against SEC defenses
    After reading the book, I am convinced it will work here. The guy made Kentucky relevant. It made me better understand his thought process with it. This will be the first time he ever failed as a coach of it doesn't work.

And if we can get a good QB that also has wheels, look out. The air raid is what sumlin ran with Manziel and people forget that.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 03-04-2020 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    After reading the book, I am convinced it will work here. The guy made Kentucky relevant. It made me better understand his thought process with it. This will be the first time he ever failed as a coach of it doesn't work.

And if we can get a good QB that also has wheels, look out. The air raid is what sumlin ran with Manziel and people forget that.
    That same offense got Sumlin fired. Hopefully the two are different concepts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

Leach and Sumlin both run the air raid in the same way that Bill Walsh and Croom both ran the West Coast offense.

Also, the QB having wheels is only going to help if the QB doesn't throw the ball when he is supposed to, which means he probably won't be the QB for very long. There aren't going to be a bunch of designed QB runs in our offense under Leach ever. Again, very different from what Sumlin does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Marathons and khaki shorts?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Finally got around to reading this. Great read. An absolute must read if you are in the RTGDFB crowd or are a skeptic of Leach. I love how he preaches execution over trickery and his simplistic approach to the game. His offense when you break it down is a lot like the triple option but with extended handoffs (short throws). A lot of the same core principles apply (anyone can get the ball on any given play, read the defense, execute well.)

All any prospective WR recruit needs to do is read the passage about "6s" in the UT Austin game. Hopefully KJ is ready to go this year and I believe he will be. Leach has a good track record of bringing in the right type of a guy to run his system to a new place so I trust in his judgment in getting Costello.

Hype machine is starting to churn.

vCash
    Campus Book Mart had both of his books last week.

vCash
    Not a fan of any offense that's one dimensional. I'm glad we hired Leach for the entertainment though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    That same offense got Sumlin fired. Hopefully the two are different concepts.
    Not sure it was the offense that got sumlin fired as much as the lack of defense, lack of physicalness, and lack of accountability throughout the program.