Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge WIN. State making a push for the tourney!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    You would probably bitch and moan if we do make it..
    I disagree. This is the guy who will put on Maroon and act like the biggest fan! Will be loud and proud until it?s not cool to be.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Alright then I don't want to hear any of you bitch and moan when we don't make the tourney....I speak the truth and 17 you roller coaster arm chair coaches.
    Better to be a men?s armchair coach than a women?s arm chair recruiting expert

vCash

Great win

We have another challenge ahead at USC. I know we are inconsistent but we are the type of team you don't want to play in the tourney. Our size and athleticism can be tough to deal with.

We are 10-3 in our last 13 sec games. As Nick gets more comfortable, we get better. And that in turn results in Tyson playing his true role. Both were very good today. And when they both play well, we are tough to beat.

Just keep winning
    Last edited by hp22; 02-29-2020 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Sec road teams were 1-6 today; we were the 1 winner. Big win

vCash
    It looks like it's down to State and Florida for the 4th bid out of the SEC... which scares me. Barring something crazy, I think 4 teams is what the SEC gets in. While the experts have Bama, Arkansas, and USCe as "bubble teams", I don't see any of the three having a realistic chance. If you remember back during the 09-10 season, we won the West (9-7 with the tie breaker on Miss) heading into the SEC tournament. We beat Florida (9-7 SEC record), and then worked #20 Vanderbilt. We had #2 Kentucky beat in the championship game but John Wall's lane violation was missed and we went on to lose by 1 point in double overtime. Most felt like we were a lock at this point but we were snubbed as Florida managed to get in over us. I still haven't gotten over that but I don't want to hijack the thread. Point being that this season has an eerily similar feel as it will most likely be us or Florida and we beat them on the road. But this is Florida Gator Basketball I'm talking about. While we have two tough games left in the regular season, two must win games, I think it's in our best interest to draw Florida in the SEC tourney and whip their ass again.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid mouth View Post
    It looks like it's down to State and Florida for the 4th bid out of the SEC... which scares me. Barring something crazy, I think 4 teams is what the SEC gets in. While the experts have Bama, Arkansas, and USCe as "bubble teams", I don't see any of the three having a realistic chance. If you remember back during the 09-10 season, we won the West (9-7 with the tie breaker on Miss) heading into the SEC tournament. We beat Florida (9-7 SEC record), and then worked #20 Vanderbilt. We had #2 Kentucky beat in the championship game but John Wall's lane violation was missed and we went on to lose by 1 point in double overtime. Most felt like we were a lock at this point but we were snubbed as Florida managed to get in over us. I still haven't gotten over that but I don't want to hijack the thread. Point being that this season has an eerily similar feel as it will most likely be us or Florida and we beat them on the road. But this is Florida Gator Basketball I'm talking about. While we have two tough games left in the regular season, two must win games, I think it's in our best interest to draw Florida in the SEC tourney and whip their ass again.
    2010 selection day is the worst day I can remember in any sport as an MSU sports fan (and that?s saying something) is losing that guy wrench game and then immediately being left out of the tournament is the biggest dick punch I can ever remember as a fan. Hopefully history doesn?t repeat itself.

vCash
    We win the next 2 I don?t think it?s a worry. Must win upcoming at USCE. We win it and against Mississippi we are in. Screw all the stuff we win next 2 it?s a given. 12-3 last 15 in conference with a neutral site loss to Oklahoma in last seconds

vCash
    3 weeks ago I thought 12-6 was a lock for us.. not so sure now.
    With teams like UCLA and Providence who were dead In The water just a few weeks ago now seem to be in.

The SEC will get four teams in for sure and should get 5 if we finish 12-6 and 4th seed. But it?s not as clear as it was before

Yesterday was a killer With these teams with big wins
    UCLA
    USC
    Nc State
    Providence
    Oklahoma
    Hell even Texas is back in play .. as silly as that sounds

Tuesday is YUGE......
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-01-2020 at 08:54 AM.

vCash
    UCLA is projected in only as automatic qualifier right? With a net in the 70s, they better not get in as at large or else I don't want to hear anything else about the importance of the net.

Our net is 52 by the way. The net hates us. In the last three weeks we've lost at OM and at Aggie while winning at ark and at mizzou plus at home vs usce and bama and gone from 41 to 52 in the net.

ETA: even if we lose to usce this week but beat OM to finish 11-7, usc beats us and vandy to finish 11-7, and Florida splits this week with uga and ky to finish 11-7, we would be the 4 seed and get the double bye bc we win the 3 team tiebreaker thanks to us being 2-1, usce being 1-2 (lost to Florida in only game against them), and fla being 1-1. Tiebreak goes to best winning percentage of the three teams head to head.
    Last edited by confucius say; 03-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.

vCash
    I think we need to win a few in the SECT to have a chance. Need the opportunity to play Auburn, UK, or LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    UCLA is projected in only as automatic qualifier right? With a net in the 70s, they better not get in as at large or else I don't want to hear anything else about the importance of the net.

Our net is 52 by the way. The net hates us. In the last three weeks we've lost at OM and at Aggie while winning at ark and at mizzou plus at home vs usce and bama and gone from 41 to 52 in the net.

ETA: even if we lose to usce this week but beat OM to finish 11-7, usc beats us and vandy to finish 11-7, and Florida splits this week with uga and ky to finish 11-7, we would be the 4 seed and get the double bye bc we win the 3 team tiebreaker thanks to us being 2-1, usce being 1-2 (lost to Florida in only game against them), and fla being 1-1. Tiebreak goes to best winning percentage of the three teams head to head.
    South Carolina is 63rd. We need this Q1 win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid mouth View Post
    Boy you are right; we got the screw that year. We may get it again this year. All I keep hearing is media downing us and pimping UF, Ark, and now even Bama and USC, etc. We've beat them all and sitting at #4. If we go one and done in SECT, they may keep us out which is BS. We win the next 2 we should be automatic in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    South Carolina is 63rd. We need this Q1 win.
    For sure.

If we get the four seed, and chalk holds, we'd get fla Friday and ky sat. Two more quad 1 chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For sure.

If we get the four seed, and chalk holds, we'd get fla Friday and ky sat. Two more quad 1 chances.
    I like both those matchups, we need that to happen. UF would be a playin game though. That is what they will use to keep us out if we lose even if we are 14-3 the last 17 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    2010 selection day is the worst day I can remember in any sport as an MSU sports fan (and that?s saying something) is losing that guy wrench game and then immediately being left out of the tournament is the biggest dick punch I can ever remember as a fan. Hopefully history doesn?t repeat itself.
    I don't think you could describe that day any better.

vCash
    The fact that teams with losing conference records could make it is ridiculous. The first criteria of the selection committee should be to automatically disqualify all teams that aren?t at least .500 in their conference. I am still mad Oklahoma at 7-11 got in 2 years ago but we won 21 games and went 9-9 in conference and got left out. If we go 12-6 or 11-7 and get left out over some big 12 or big 10 team with a losing conference record would be criminal.