Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Landon Jordan do anything else besides watch strikes?

vCash

Does Landon Jordan do anything else besides watch strikes?

Mfer is worthless right now. Lemonis could let the team manager DH, and get at least that much!

vCash
    Lemonis is to busy guarding his bucket. We win despite him, not because of him.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Lemonis is to busy guarding his bucket. We win despite him, not because of him.
    Yeah. It's like he just sits around and lets things just play out. People bitch about Cohen meddling but at least he was TRYING to find something that worked.

Gautreau needs to get off his ass too. Only one more OOC series so good news is he will start working then.

vCash
    LBS won 14 games last year, and Texas Southern was 0-9.

vCash
    Lemonis better not 17 this season up I hear Moorhead needs a roommate.

vCash
    Bitching about coaches....par for the course on here.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Bitching about coaches....par for the course on here.
    You should see Tiger Rant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    You should see Tiger Rant.
    True. LSU got no hit today.

vCash
    LSU played much better competition this weekend too. Really not a good comparison.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hold up a minute. The negative Nancy's on here are just clearly pointing out the lack of coaching, lack of focus, and lack of fielding and hitting going on with this team. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing. Calling players pieces of crap et is not a good reaction by our fanbase. Sure each and everyone of our hitters have looked bad the past week.

Right now, the batting lineup needs to change. I say set Foscue at the 3 and then blind draw everyone else. There is zero reason at this point to allow Leggett to swing a bat. The only two DHs we need are Landon and Cumbest depending on pitcher.

Our approach needs to change at the plate. Our fielding is about as bad as the hitting.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    LSU played much better competition this weekend too. Really not a good comparison.
    Getting no hit is never a good thing even if they are playing the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Hold up a minute. The negative Nancy's on here are just clearly pointing out the lack of coaching, lack of focus, and lack of fielding and hitting going on with this team. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing. Calling players pieces of crap et is not a good reaction by our fanbase. Sure each and everyone of our hitters have looked bad the past week.

Right now, the batting lineup needs to change. I say set Foscue at the 3 and then blind draw everyone else. There is zero reason at this point to allow Leggett to swing a bat. The only two DHs we need are Landon and Cumbest depending on pitcher.

Our approach needs to change at the plate. Our fielding is about as bad as the hitting.
    Good post. When people stop bitching it's a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    That is highly debatable. Time will tell.

vCash
    We are in a tough spot right now for various reasons. We don’t have a lead off hitter (rowdy is a good hitter but not a lead off type). Our freshmen are freshmen and it shows, especially at the plate. TA has been hurt. Hatcher has problems with lefties. We have a LF and RF that have been 1Bmen their college and juco careers up until now. Our bell cow on the mound is probably not going to pitch and that is tough psychologically on any team. We have a lot of juco’s in the bullpen and providing depth in the field. I attribute that to coaching instability and getting hit hard by the draft the previous few years.

Perfect storm of little things going on right now.

Lemonis took last year’s team to Omaha. We pretty much expected that but every year one of the best teams slip up in a regional or super and don’t get there. He should get a lot of credit for last year. He is highly thought of by baseball people and is recruiting lights out right now. If he can continue recruiting like he is now and stack similar quality classes in succession, we will be ready to roll without having to fill holes with jucos. As good as we think we are, our talent level could be better, particularly from a depth stand point.

In summary, I don’t think any of this is on Lemonis or any coach. We are just going to have to be patient and hope this team improves throughout the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Getting no hit is never a good thing even if they are playing the Yankees.
    Yep, and we were basically no hit on Friday night ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Lemonis better not 17 this season up I hear Moorhead needs a roommate.
    O lawd
    Far Moorhead yaw

Banned
    vCash
    Good grief!! Lemo is good. We lost our Friday night guy and the two leaders off of our team. If anyone is to blame coaching wise it would be GoTro because some of our best bats have seemingly regressed from last year. Baseball is 75 percent recruiting and we have the best staff of recruiters in the country. Give Lemo time and he will win a natty here. But be forewarned, next year will be worse than this one. We will lose too much. But give it time and we will be in good shape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post

Random draw. How stupid. And you want cumbest who hasn't hit anything yet? I get it, he looks good has tools. But he's not proven to be an everyday player, not close. Your rants are typically off the wall. This one takes the cake. Didn't bother reading after the first paragraph

vCash
    2 years from now will be our year. Ginn will be back along with all of these freshmen pitchers who will be much improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    2 years from now will be our year. Ginn will be back along with all of these freshmen pitchers who will be much improved.
    The 2 years from now and Ginn will be back made me laugh. I think Ginn probably comes back next year (just a guess) but as long as he is healthy I can't see him coming back two years from now.

At any rate- with or without Ginn we have a lot of good pitching coming in besides what we already have in the form of freshmen I do agree. And they will be very good two years from now. I kind of want to see what happens with the draft with our hitters as far as our recruits too. Tanner is a really good catcher and I think James and Mason Land are going to be a really good infield combo two years from now.

The outfielders that we have been recruiting have been mostly raw guys with some upside like...well Brad Cumbest. We'll see how McGowan, Hunter French, Bryce Brock, and maybe even Hunter Blalock develop as players and hitters over the next couple of years. Landon Jordan looks like a definite four year guy to me and maybe even Pimentel depending on how he develops but it's too soon to know for sure on him this early in his career.