Thread: Miss. State men's basketball recruiting

vCash

Miss. State men's basketball recruiting

Class Of 2020 Signees
    - Deivon Smith (Grayson HS, GA),
    - Cameron Matthews (Olive Branch HS, MS)

Transfers
    - Tolu Smith (W. Kentucky...sitting out this season)

Any thoughts in this group? Also, immediate impact player/players in this group?
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-27-2020 at 01:22 PM.

vCash
    Not in this class, but what do we think about butts, king, and post?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Tolu is a starter & key contributor next year. Smith is a key player off the bench. I really likes Matthews future but I don't see much opportunity next season.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I could see Post getting backup big minutes next season.

vCash
    I still like King potentially - I didn't thing much of Butts when we signed him and haven't seen anything that makes me thing he will make much of a contribution here.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I still like King potentially - I didn't thing much of Butts when we signed him and haven't seen anything that makes me thing he will make much of a contribution here.
    He has played all of 21 minutes all year. What did you expect to see?
    No Signature

vCash
    Deivon Smith, Grayson HS advances to the GHSA Boy's 7A Semifinals (Tonight 8:00 pm est)....
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1233120722207346689
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-29-2020 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Butts processed, King possible also, Post has a chance

vCash
    Deivon Smith leads the way as Grayson HS (GA) wins tonight in the state semifinals over McEachern HS, and McDonald's All-American point guard Sharife Cooper..(D. Smith) 22 pts, 8 rbs, 3 assists, 2 stls.
    Sharife Cooper had 21 points for McEachern tonight.

Grayson (#1 in Georgia) advances to the GHSA 7A State Championship Game against Wheeler.

(Note)
    Also, Grayson HS, #3 nationally ESPN, is 1 game away from an opportunity to play for a national championship in the Geico Nationals.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-29-2020 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That is going to turn out to be a really weak class. Will be lucky to get anything out of any of those 3. Of course, it was a really low ranked recruiting class even when signed. Not sure why Howland and crew couldn't have done better than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    That is going to turn out to be a really weak class. Will be lucky to get anything out of any of those 3. Of course, it was a really low ranked recruiting class even when signed. Not sure why Howland and crew couldn't have done better than that.
    Because without legacy players Howlands recruiting classes average in the 50's ranking wise.