Thread: Will we have the #1 QB in the SEC next year?

vCash

Will we have the #1 QB in the SEC next year?

vCash
    I hate articles like this. Costello hasn't even won the job yet nor has he thrown a pass against SEC competition. Hell, Stevens looked like the second coming of Russell Wilson through 6 quarters last year. He may be good and he probably will lead the SEC in passing if he wins the job and stays healthy, but let's pump the brakes on the hype train for just a bit.

vCash
    Costello will probably be pretty damn good next season but I'm not going to get woolly over that article. We need to wait and see.

vCash
    Hopefully our WRs are better... they matter. Look at jake fromm who killed it his 1st 2 years, and then downright struggled some this year after losing his top 5 receivers last year.

vCash

Yes, here's why...

Reposting my post from another board:

Costello #1? Why not? He's not SEC proven, but he's Pac12 proven.

KJ Costello passed for over 3,500 yards for Stanford in 2018. Under Leach he could easily pass for 4,000 yards.

Leach's QB last season (Anthony Gordon) passed for 5,579 yards. In 13 games. Just 92 yards fewer than SEC record-holder Joe Burrow, in two fewer games. Gordon passed for 51 more yards per game than Burrow.

Leach's Washington State QBs passed for more than 4,000 yards in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019. 4 of the last 5 seasons, and 5 of the last 7. Leach's Texas Tech QBs passed for more than 4,000 yards 6 times. So Leach has had 11 total seasons passing for more than 4,000 yards.

The entire SEC has had 4 QBs pass for 4,000 yards. Ever.

Edit: Actually I shorted Leach. In 2012 WSU used two QBs to pass for 3,965 yards in 12 games. In 2014 Leach used two QBs to pass for 5,732 yards.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 02-26-2020 at 01:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I hate articles like this. Costello hasn't even won the job yet nor has he thrown a pass against SEC competition. Hell, Stevens looked like the second coming of Russell Wilson through 6 quarters last year. He may be good and he probably will lead the SEC in passing if he wins the job and stays healthy, but let's pump the brakes on the hype train for just a bit.
    I get what you're saying and don't disagree, except comparing Stevens' and Costello's situations could hardly be less valid.

vCash
    Yeah, we are lowly MSU, can't be good at anything. Blah blah blah.

vCash
    We will lead the SEC in offense win 9 games and surprise everyone especially you negative Nancy's. You know who you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Heaven forbid we get excited about something

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Here's what I'm pretty sure of:

- Costello will lead the SEC in passing yards
    - Costello will lead the SEC in attempts
    - Costello may lead the SEC in INTs
    - Costello will likely get drafted. How high, I'm not sure.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I don't know if Costello will be the number one QB in the SEC but my guess he won't be far down the roll.

vCash
    He'll be as good as our WRs, OL, and defense. He might put up a lot of yards and still lose. He might get eaten alive by AL. But we WILL NOT be as bad as Moorhead bad. Only place to go is up.