Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sec ranks in winning % in big 3 last 3 years (sec games only)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    The students don’t get excited for the same reason I don’t. It’s the way the team plays. Why is that so hard to understand?
    Most major conference teams play similar to us or worse and have better fan support, so it is not easy to understand.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Possible your dumbest post yet.. and that?s saying a lot.
    You know what you're right. I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have any intelligence at all. I'll stop pretending you have any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Doing away with divisions had literally nothing to do with Stans firing
    Then it's a good thing I literally didn't link the two. Great call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Most major conference teams play similar to us or worse and have better fan support, so it is not easy to understand.
    It's actually very easy to understand. I stated this exact same thing last year. The Athletic Dept. as a whole has not made going to the men's games fun for whatever reason. They're barely promoted, but when McGowan lost a freaking shoe last year our marketing dept ate it up and posted about 20 different videos of it like she had walked on water. Q hits a buzzer beater and if it wasn't for watching the game you wouldn't even have known it happened. Same thing when it comes to the seating, they give seats away to corporations and big money people who come twice a year instead of fans who WANT to be there. Yet, they let the common fans come to the women's game. The line I always hear is that the men's team can't connect with the fans, hell they're never given the chance to. They run the women's team out every chance they get.

I mean no other program, not USCe, UCONN, Tennessee, Oregon, or any top women's program promotes that program more than the men's program. You don't over promote what's losing you money and under promote the money maker. And again, this isn't sour grapes at the women's team. They deserve the support they get. I think Schaefer is a fine coach. But to pretty much not even acknowledge a team that is 66-33 in the last 3 years is just mind boggling.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-28-2020 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's actually very easy to understand. I stated this exact same thing last year. The Athletic Dept. as a whole has not made going to the men's games fun for whatever reason. They're barely promoted, but when McGowan lost a freaking shoe last year our marketing dept ate it up and posted about 20 different videos of it like she had walked on water. Q hits a buzzer beater and if it wasn't for watching the game you wouldn't even have known it happened. Same thing when it comes to the seating, they give seats away to corporations and big money people who come twice a year instead of fans who WANT to be there. Yet, they let the common fans come to the women's game. The line I always hear is that the men's team can't connect with the fans, hell they're never given the chance to. They run the women's team out every chance they get.

I mean no other program, not USCe, UCONN, Tennessee, Oregon, or any top women's program promotes that program more than the men's program. You don't over promote what's losing you money and under promote the money maker. And again, this isn't sour grapes at the women's team. They deserve the support they get. I think Schaefer is a fine coach. But to pretty much not even acknowledge a team that is 66-33 in the last 3 years is just mind boggling.
    Does each individual program on campus have a person who runs its social media and markets the team? Or is it a centralized process where one person is responsible for the promoting of all teams?

Bc I follow all of the teams on twitter and baseball pushes way more stuff out than men's basketball.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Then it's a good thing I literally didn't link the two. Great call.
    You listed them right beside each other in the reasoning for the collapse of MBB at MSU. Great Call*

vCash
    You listed them right beside each other in the reasoning for the collapse of MBB at MSU. Great Call*
    LMAO. YOU said that Stans voting to keep divisions was for completely self-serving reasons and claimed it was not in the best interest of MSU. So I just took that to it's natural conclusion that since he didn't get what he wanted, MSU certainly is better off now. Firing Stans was just the icing on the cake for those, like you, that know what's best for MSU. And who can deny it? The basketball program is easily the best it's ever been. So, great call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    LMAO. YOU said that Stans voting to keep divisions was for completely self-serving reasons and claimed it was not in the best interest of MSU. So I just took that to it's natural conclusion that since he didn't get what he wanted, MSU certainly is better off now. Firing Stans was just the icing on the cake for those, like you, that know what's best for MSU. And who can deny it? The basketball program is easily the best it's ever been. So, great call.
    Stans voting to keep divisions was self serving, but never did I claim it was in the best interest of MSU. Honestly, it didn't matter. We could go 8-8 in conference and win the west or not, but we were still missing the tournament which is what ultimately mattered. Another SEC West Champions banner was just window dressing for the fans. Everyone on this board "Knows whats best for the University", that's why we get on here and discuss it. We fired Stansbury at the wrong time. It should have either been a year earlier or a year later. The basketball program isn't at it's best ever, but it's back to about the average during the "glory years". While this team isn't as good as the teams from 01-04 they are just as good as any Jamont/Rhodes team, but the difference is that fans actually attended games back then as opposed to now .

vCash
    Stans voting to keep divisions was self serving, but never did I claim it was in the best interest of MSU. Honestly, it didn't matter. We could go 8-8 in conference and win the west or not, but we were still missing the tournament which is what ultimately mattered. Another SEC West Champions banner was just window dressing for the fans. Everyone on this board "Knows whats best for the University", that's why we get on here and discuss it. We fired Stansbury at the wrong time. It should have either been a year earlier or a year later. The basketball program isn't at it's best ever, but it's back to about the average during the "glory years". While this team isn't as good as the teams from 01-04 they are just as good as any Jamont/Rhodes team, but the difference is that fans actually attended games back then as opposed to now .
    Well then maybe, just maybe, those useless banners kept fan interest higher, which led to more support and better attendance. Didn't have a thing to do with us making the tournament, I'll agree. But could have played a little role in helping the fans not tune out completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

That's an interesting point that I haven't really considered, but I was replying to a poster who claimed it was "the way the team plays" that keeps fans away, and I don't think that can be true when you look at how other better-supported teams play too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    You know what you're right. I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have any intelligence at all. I'll stop pretending you have any.
    Awesome .. Thanks.. leave the hoops thread and talks to the knowledgeable ones...
    Take your shit elsewhere ..

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Awesome .. Thanks.. leave the hoops thread and talks to the knowledgeable ones...
    Take your shit elsewhere ..
    Yes that is good advice for yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    SEC West banners?

It was telling he was the only HC to vote to keep divisions back then.
    Yet, seldom lost to OM, had ~ 78% SEC win %, winning % against EVERY west team, energized MSU BB and packed the Hump!

We are now 'hoping' and 'praying we can at least beat OM at home!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Yet, seldom lost to OM, had ~ 78% SEC win %, winning % against EVERY west team, energized MSU BB and packed the Hump!

We are now 'hoping' and 'praying we can at least beat OM at home!
    Because beating Ole Miss is the only thing that matters