Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
We've certainly got issues with attendance that we have to figure out. Wish we could come up with a reward program for season ticket holders that their tickets get used 80% of the time or something similar.
We used ours 90% of the time for 20+ years, till we were stripped of our seats that we were promised we could always have as long as we bought tickets. There were a bunch of people like us. Many quit when it happened, we carried on for a few years (with better seats) but it just wasn't the same. We found ourselves going less and less (this was prior to Ray) because we didn't know the people around us, and they were never the same year to year and many times from game to game. There were a lot of cooperate seats around us. It wasn't uncommon for opposition fans to be in those seats. It just wasn't as much fun. I wouldn't go back to being a season ticket holder now even if they go back to doing it the way they used to. I wouldn't believe one word MSU said about it. I don't like being lied to. I still go to a game every now and then, but I only do it when I absolutely want to and when I easily can. I don't plan things around it anymore or go when it would be the least bit of a bother. I used to. There are a lot of locals still around like me, or locals who were our kids. If they hadn't changed it, I'd almost certainly have stayed with it. Most of them would have too. The core of the basketball fanbase that went to the Hump for most games, esp the weekday games, lived mostly with in an hour or so of Starkville. It wasn't large, but it WAS the core of the crowd. It was maybe 2500 to 3500 people. We lost a lot of them because of the choice that Greg Byrne made.