Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Well that was an inauspicious start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The only new people in the line up are Pimentel and James. Our junior core (Rowdy, Westburg, TA, Foscue, Hatcher) should be plenty to put together a good offense. We look like we've regressed.
    Skelton was our main catcher last year, not Hancock. Hatcher hasn't really hit the ball in 2 years.

Hatcher, Hancock, James, Pimentel and Hancock= none of those guys were everyday players last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Skelton was our main catcher last year, not Hancock. Hatcher hasn't really hit the ball in 2 years.

Hatcher, Hancock, James, Pimentel and Hancock= none of those guys were everyday players last year.
    This^^. And everyone was premature with the "this team is loaded" takes. We'll be good but we've got holes too.

vCash
    Lemonis in the post game press conference looked sick to his stomach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

I'm aware.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PKADogs55 View Post
    He should be. We've failed to show up last two games. It's time for him to sit a couple guys.

vCash
    Where did u see the post game presser?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He should be. We've failed to show up last two games. It's time for him to sit a couple guys.
    Even our wins, Oregon St. walked a ton of batters.

vCash
    This is up there with our top 10 most embarrassing losses in any sport.

vCash
    This will be an interesting year for Lemonis to see how he handles things. He seems like a very laid back guy for the most part. But this year he doesn't really have emotional leaders on the team like Mangum and Mac.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    This will be an interesting year for Lemonis to see how he handles things. He seems like a very laid back guy for the most part. But this year he doesn't really have emotional leaders on the team like Mangum and Mac.
    True. And maybe the crazy turnover at coach has finally caught up with us recruiting wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    Probably need a change in the S&C department. It's painfully obvious on the field that we are soft
    Just started the thread so I haven't read this yet, but it's prob in there as it's the new "go to" saying... but just in case,

These guys' baseball IQ is bad! ***

vCash
    Pathetic. Our RPI is shot now. For a team that returned so much offensive talent, we look like shit. We've lost our Friday guy. Our Sunday guy can't throw strikes. This isn't looking good.
    6 games into the season? GTFO of here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    6 games into the season? GTFO of here.
    Where did I say we were doomed? I said it's not looking good. It's not. This was a horrible loss. If you say otherwise, you're delusional. It's going to hurt our RPI bc Texas Southern will be a 200 RPI team. We could turn it around and go 25-5 in SEC play for all I know. Doesn't mean the season is over and I never suggested otherwise, so go 17 yourself
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 02-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    Here's the thing that bothers me the most as a baseball fan. I feel like part of the reason we lost is because we didn't respect the game. That's on the coaches. Just leave a guy out there to rot and allow 7 runs? Take shitty at bats? Make a ton of errors? Oh don't worry we're Mississippi State. We'll blow these guys out. And then we ran out of time.

And I'll say it. Lemonis needs to get his head out of his ass and quit pitching Dunleavy and playing Tanner Leggett so much. I was a little surprised both even made the team honestly. Even more surprised that they are playing so much.

And again Gautreau needs to stop treating our guys like minor league hitters and start actually ****ing coach in game and make some adjustments rather than let everyone fall on their ass and play "now you'll listen to me won't ya?".

vCash
    Texas Southern is a good team, they just like to pretend they aren't most of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Texas Southern is a good team, they just like to pretend they aren't most of the time.
    I know you're kidding, but any SWAC team is no longer a guaranteed mid-week win. And we sure treated them like one tonight. Starting to get very bad feelings about this team and the next 4 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    0-9 SWAC school. 1-9 now though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    I know you're kidding, but any SWAC team is no longer a guaranteed mid-week win. And we sure treated them like one tonight. Starting to get very bad feelings about this team and the next 4 games.
    I'm not so sure why we even schedule SWAC type teams. If you win, congrats you were supposed to. If you lose, they hurt your resume. There's no upside to playing them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's the thing that bothers me the most as a baseball fan. I feel like part of the reason we lost is because we didn't respect the game. That's on the coaches. Just leave a guy out there to rot and allow 7 runs? Take shitty at bats? Make a ton of errors? Oh don't worry we're Mississippi State. We'll blow these guys out. And then we ran out of time.

And I'll say it. Lemonis needs to get his head out of his ass and quit pitching Dunleavy and playing Tanner Leggett so much. I was a little surprised both even made the team honestly. Even more surprised that they are playing so much.

And again Gautreau needs to stop treating our guys like minor league hitters and start actually ****ing coach in game and make some adjustments rather than let everyone fall on their ass and play "now you'll listen to me won't ya?".
    We only gave up 4 earned runs. Huge error from Westburg. Hunt 3, Dunlavy 1.

Agree on the AB's. Hatcher in the 8th was a perfect example. Leadoff hitter, down 5 runs. Swings at the first pitch, curveball, bottom of the zone and pops it up. 3 up, 3 down, non-competitive at bats.

vCash
    I'm not so sure why we even schedule SWAC type teams. If you win, congrats you were supposed to. If you lose, they hurt your resume. There's no upside to playing them
    correct, win or lose and it hurts you.