Thread: Mangum?s defense may be missed more than his bat....

vCash

Mangum?s defense may be missed more than his bat....

Gotten use to everything going to center being caught for four years.

vCash
    I mentioned today. We have had some great defensive CFs. We have come to expect great defensive play but Rowdey is closer to SEC average. He probably fits in LF better but is the best choice for CF this year.

vCash
    Mangum is a guy that we can't replace. We were very fortunate that he was here for four years. Just a really special player. I noticed that he got an infield hit in a spring training game against the Cardinals yesterday.

I think he is a guy that can kind of be transcendent for our program. A lot of young MSU fans who looked up to him will be Diamond Dogs one day and they may be willing to stay four years like he did and help us win. LSU has players in their history like that too and I'm not exactly sure where or who it started with for them but they definitely always seem to have at least one all-SEC caliber senior who has been an all-SEC player for three or four years in their career like Wally Pontiff.