Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday Baseball vs the Beavers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Pretty rough Sunday already with the WBB team blowing their game. Guess the baseball team can put the cherry on top.
    Can't believe the girls lost to Alabama. Pitiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    Don't give up yet.
    Never mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    Don't give up yet.
    Now you can

vCash
    Just too sloppy today and not a good approach at the plate all day. Still a series win against a top 25 team is a solid weekend.

vCash
    Centerfield camera man must have the shakes. Bad quality streaming thru firestick. Anybody else streaming that route and how is your feed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Good to get 2 of 3, but should have been a sweep if our bats show up at all. Pretty pathetic weekend at the plate for "one of the nation's best offenses". Wasted a good pitching performance. Won the series, but today should have been a W
    A game where you give up 7 runs is very rarely a "should have won" kinda game.
    Far Moorhead yaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeuteredDawg View Post
    Centerfield camera man must have the shakes. Bad quality streaming thru firestick. Anybody else streaming that route and how is your feed?
    Same here streaming with Roku. And they randomly leave the behind the plate camera angle up for 5 or 6 minutes at the time.

vCash
    ucf up 11 - 1 on Barn

vCash
    Rowdey is on the struggle bus. Like the last seat on the back of it. I'll take it though. Series win cant complain but we still walk too many and K way too much

vCash
    I thought Cerentola did exactly what we needed him to do... He should have only gave up 1 run. Sure he walks a lot, But he also can strike out anyone.

I wonder if we need to try someone like Landon Jordan or Hancock at the leadoff spot.

We have a lot of guys still trying to pull outside pitches. We seem sometimes to make no in game adjustments against a pitcher who is dealing... Thats on Coach G...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I thought Cerentola did exactly what we needed him to do... He should have only gave up 1 run. Sure he walks a lot, But he also can strike out anyone.

I wonder if we need to try someone like Landon Jordan or Hancock at the leadoff spot.

We have a lot of guys still trying to pull outside pitches. We seem sometimes to make no in game adjustments against a pitcher who is dealing... Thats on Coach G...
    Hancock is an interesting choice. If he isn't catching, wouldn't mind seeing him at DH with L. Jordan at 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    A game where you give up 7 runs is very rarely a "should have won" kinda game.
    It was 3-2 when I posted that, so yeah...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

He has to learn to command the ball and learn how to pitch. When you are out there walking a ton of people it affects the defense some because of positioning and fielders don't like to just stand around while you are going full count on everyone and then all of a sudden five minutes later into an at bat someone makes contact. I'm not saying that the bad defense was all Cerentola's fault because we still should have made those plays regardless but it's definitely harder on the defense and requires a little more concentration. Plus sometimes when you walk people errors can be more costly because you may end up in a bigger pickle because of the runners on base.

Your last sentence about Gautreau- I agree. One thing I don't like about him is he treats our hitters like pros. He let's them fail now and then once they break down he fixes it. In the long run it works. In the short term we may have some games like today. But I do wish sometimes he would go ahead and tell them to make whatever adjustment in game rather than just let everyone fail.