Thread: Florida baseball is such trash

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

Florida baseball is such trash

Saw where they were playing Miami in a tight game, 2-1 Miami in top of 8th, so I pulled it up to watch. Florida tied it up to send it into extra's and hit a homer to go up. As the batter was rounding third, instead of focusing on his own team and celebrating with them, he has to start jawing with the pitcher. Umps intervene before something erupts. Both coaches come out, Miami coach obviously upset. Ump gives both teams a warning. I'm not sure what happened previously in the game, but announcers imply there has been jawing previously. I'm just old fashioned and believe in letting your play doing your talking and can't stand bush league crap like that. But I guess the team takes on the personality of its coach, so I shouldn't be surprised.

vCash
    South Florida teams are typically a different a breed.

Not saying who was right or who was wrong, but from the time those kids in the Miami area start playing baseball at 5 years old they talk trash.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Saw where they were playing Miami in a tight game, 2-1 Miami in top of 8th, so I pulled it up to watch. Florida tied it up to send it into extra's and hit a homer to go up. As the batter was rounding third, instead of focusing on his own team and celebrating with them, he has to start jawing with the pitcher. Umps intervene before something erupts. Both coaches come out, Miami coach obviously upset. Ump gives both teams a warning. I'm not sure what happened previously in the game, but announcers imply there has been jawing previously. I'm just old fashioned and believe in letting your play doing your talking and can't stand bush league crap like that. But I guess the team takes on the personality of its coach, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    You're talking about Florida, lol.

This is the same school who's HC gator chomped in our HC's face after winning their super. Class isn't a high priority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

This is the same school who's HC gator chomped in our HC's face after winning their super. Class isn't a high priority.
    Yep.

F**K Kevin 0'Sullivan.

But that turd wrangler has something we may never have. A Natty.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

Yep, that was the point of my last sentence. Trash from the top down you could say.

vCash
    O’Sullivan is complete trailer trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Yep.

F**K Kevin 0'Sullivan.

But that turd wrangler has something we may never have. A Natty.
    I think our time is coming. It's certainly not for a lack of effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    O’Sullivan is complete trailer trash.
    Spot on. I despise him more than any other coach in the conference.

vCash
    Something always happens to derail the quest for a Natty. Bad luck or a perceived injustice. We might have won it all last year if MacLeod hadn't gotten sick. Wasn't it Plumlee we had to run out there vs Rocker? And Cole basically was forced to throw it right down the middle against Louisville when he wasn't getting the calls on pitches that were called strikes earlier in that game. The baseball gods have it out for us it seems.

vCash
    Something always happens to derail the quest for a Natty. Bad luck or a perceived injustice. We might have won it all last year if MacLeod hadn't gotten sick. Wasn't it Plumlee we had to run out there vs Rocker? And Cole basically was forced to throw it right down the middle against Louisville when he wasn't getting the calls on pitches that were called strikes earlier in that game. The baseball gods have it out for us it seems.
    This year another example: we have zero junior (HS recruits) pitchers and our two top returning pitchers in terms of innings are gone.

There is some kind of powerful curse on MSU baseball. It lets us be top-10 but not champs.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 02-23-2020 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    Nah, we'll get one soon. We haven't been this consistent in a long, long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Spot on. I despise him more than any other coach in the conference.
    Him and Mainieri are atop that list for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Him and Mainieri are atop that list for me
    Mainieri whines and bitches a lot, but Sullivan is meathead douche canoe.

vCash
    Some of it is self inflicted honestly. Hiring Polk back set us back ten years. That's a lot of time lost and allowed teams like Vanderbilt and Florida time to build up and move past us and now we're playing catch up to a degree. We've never really had a true National Championship caliber team IMO in terms of the pitching needed really. We're getting closer to that though. IMO need to have three junior starters that are elite and an elite closer and an elite relief ace. The past four-five years I think we've taken a big step towards upping our profile after the bottom essentially just fell out in 2015 due to unforeseen rule changes and Cohen's recruiting kind of catching up to us where he tried to get a bunch of JUCO's and our pitching was bare for that one season. Long run it had to be done in hindsight though to get us where we want to be. Lately though our biggest issue has been coaching instability despite fairly high end talent. From 2015 to last year we went through four head coaches if you count Henderson, four pitching coaches counting Butch the 3-4 months he was here before he took the Auburn job, and three hitting coaches. With Lemonis I feel like we finally have stability and based on our recruiting classes I like what he is building in terms of balance which is something that has plagued us from the Polk I days. We need to get to where we are producing junior laden teams every year both on the mound and in the field.

vCash
    Mainieri whines and bitches a lot, but Sullivan is meathead douche canoe.
    Personally I prefer Manieri over O'Sullivan.

vCash
    Personally I prefer Manieri over O'Sullivan.
    There are a whole lot of coaches like O’Sullivan in amateur baseball. They’re usually assistants. So they don’t get the exposure to make decisions and show themselves like he does.

Manieri is a bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    There are a whole lot of coaches like O’Sullivan in amateur baseball. They’re usually assistants. So they don’t get the exposure to make decisions and show themselves like he does.

Manieri is a bitch.
    100% chance they all have shaved forearms, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    This year another example: we have zero junior (HS recruits) pitchers and our two top returning pitchers in terms of innings are gone.

There is some kind of powerful curse on MSU baseball. It lets us be top-10 but not champs.
    Could be worse we could be FSU in baseball. It's absurd that they never won the NC.

As for the issue being discussed, something could have happened earlier in the game that drew that reaction. Not making excuses as a well disciplined team generally won't have issues like that but occasionally something happens and kids get lost in the moment.