Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TXAM is the worst offensive team in conference

vCash

TXAM is the worst offensive team in conference

And we allowed them to score 87 and almost hit their per game scoring avg of 61 in the 2nd half alone. Can you imagine the outrage if we did the same thing in football and baseball? Our fans would burn the athletic department down in protest but nope not basketball. I'm sure the Howland apologists will be around shortly to explain to us that he's still the best coach we've ever had.

vCash
    We're mentally and physically soft
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Who you think we could hire if we fired howland this year? Don't avoid it like always.

vCash
    Pay attention to baseball instead of basketball, and life will be easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who you think we could hire if we fired howland this year? Don't avoid it like always.
    We initially thought the same thing with JoMo. Howland was a surprise splash hire. Someone will want the job. We don't have to settle for a scrub.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    We initially thought the same thing with JoMo. Howland was a surprise splash hire. Someone will want the job. We don't have to settle for a scrub.
    I never thought that, and EL OH EL comparing howland to joe Moorhead. Howland has turned around a train wreck, and Moorhead was driving us into a train wreck.

vCash
    I never thought that, and EL OH EL comparing howland to joe Moorhead. Howland has turned around a train wreck, and Moorhead was driving us into a train wreck.
    Well I thought it would be obvious that I wouldn't compare what the two inherited but I guess not. I was comparing the situation now in the context of looking for a coach in the event we moved on from Howland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Well I thought it would be obvious that I wouldn't compare what the two inherited but I guess not. I was comparing the situation now in the context of looking for a coach in the event we moved on from Howland.
    The direction of the program since the coach was hired matters tremendously.

Banned
    vCash
    51=61 TIL

Please be factually correct when ripping this team. They did a bad enough job today. No need to exaggerate it.

vCash
    The direction of the program since the coach was hired matters tremendously.
    Of course but since we're getting onto that subject it really doesn't compare. When Howland came in we were lacking in every aspect from talent to effort. We now have talent but effort and IQ are lacking. The next coach would inherit a very talented team.

With JoMo he came into one of the best teams we've ever had and squandered that. However he did continue to recruit at nearly an identical level as before so our next coach didn't have take over a team lacking in talent.

My point is both teams are in good shape right now for a good coach to come in and be successful.

vCash
    I like Howland and I thought he was a great hire at the time. He's turned MSU basketball around from another hemisphere, but this is as good as it gets with Howland. He has peaked. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result and that's what I feel like I'm doing with this team this year, and it never changes. At the same time, you can't fire Howland this year. That would look really bad on MSU, IMO. You just gotta hope he knows when it's time to retire, because it's about to trend downward from here on out.
    Last edited by RLM38654; 02-22-2020 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    R
    I'm not sure it matters. Our fan base doesn't care about men's basketball anyway. It is way behind football, way behind baseball, and behind women's basketball. Only so much energy to divide amongst programs I guess, and men's basketball is last

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    R

I'm not sure it matters. Our fan base doesn't care about men's basketball anyway. It is way behind football, way behind baseball, and behind women's basketball. Only so much energy to divide amongst programs I guess, and men's basketball is last
    There's real truth to this.

vCash
    R

I'm not sure it matters. Our fan base doesn't care about men's basketball anyway.
    It’s been a loooong time since 1996. It’s almost a quarter century.

vCash
    Just looking at the stats and I noticed one glaring difference between this game and some of the game we won. Today we only had 10 FTs total. In some of the games we won we were shooting 21, 31 and against SC 34. Were the refs not calling any fouls our were we just not trying to draw them?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    R

Men's basketball is way behind everything else. Because they just don't deliver the mail. Every single time they start to show us something, they get ran out of the building.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Shaka Smart is about to be available.

Not saying he'd take our job, but I'd be up for that.

Not really a fan of getting rid of Howland this year, unless we have a proven coach ready to step-in.

vCash
    We have no damn coaching.

vCash
    The team is to inconsistent to ever win big. We look like the best team in cfb in spurts and then we look like we've never been on a basketball court for 7-8 minutes every game, and it just absolutely kills us. No lead is ever safe for us. This team is frustrating as heck to watch.

vCash
    We don't value the ball. Very careless with it.
    As a coach, you're either coaching smn or allowing it. Ben allows too much.