Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TXAM is the worst offensive team in conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    My point is that at neither of his previous stops did he pull out a zone defense or a full court trapping press or a high low offensive concept or a shoot quick type offense to utilize a rebounding advantage. He basically just "let em do what they do" and he did have good talent who meshed and played well together. I have seen nothing yet from him that makes me believe that he knows how to attack a 1-3-1 press yet.My opinion of this season is that he (howland) predetermined Perry to be the hero this season and it has blown up in his face due to excellent Defensive coaching and film study by our opponents.
    We scored 77 and 81 last year vs OM

vCash
    Okay. I think we all can see that. He is being out schemed almost every game is my point. Om has zero post play and we don't seem to try to exploit it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    And we allowed them to score 87 and almost hit their per game scoring avg of 61 in the 2nd half alone. Can you imagine the outrage if we did the same thing in football and baseball? Our fans would burn the athletic department down in protest but nope not basketball. I'm sure the Howland apologists will be around shortly to explain to us that he's still the best coach we've ever had.
    Yes very disappointing performance and missing a chance to win a very winnable road game .. BUT

Comparing Basketball to Football and even baseball ....
    And lets burn down the athletic department over a team that is squarely on the bubble..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-24-2020 at 10:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's time to accept that no one in the SEC really gives a crap about basketball other than KY. FL and AU sometimes. This is why I'm glad we aren't wasting money on a new arena and just going to drop a much smaller sum of money into the Hump.
    One NCAA appearance every 5 years is the accepted criteria for a coach to keep his job if he's making the NIT. Avoid really bad years and it's all a wash.
    Shit like this makes you part of the problem...