Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Basketball vs Texas A&M

vCash
    Another prime example of why the Hump is typically 50 percent vacant. And the Dude has the largest early season non-conference crowd I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Texas A&M 339th in the country in scoring offense. Average 61 a game. That's bad strategy from Howland but also really poor effort from our players.
    87 points, wow. I mean there are only 10 teams in the country that score fewer points that A&M. Our defensive rotations were horrible, our effort was poor, and of course Howland doesn't have a plan B if the man to man isn't working.

vCash
    Texas A&M 339th in the country in scoring offense. Average 61 a game. That's bad strategy from Howland but also really poor effort from our players.
    We caught them at the worst time possible. They've now threw a stick of dynamite on 2 bubble teams the last 2 games. 11 3s at Bama and 9 vs us... tourney teams have to beat aTm, but it does suck we got them at their best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Exactly. Firing howland for making the NIT after losing 3 starters is so dumb it could only be dreamed up on a message board. Thank God that our AD isn't as inept mentally as the average miss state message board poster. Cohen needs to tell howland I'm giving you a big boost for assistants... go get you some upgrades
    But that?s letting Howland off the hook. He?s still the one to blame for this mess. And it never gets any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe but Buzz couldn?t have gotten the players Howland has.

The answer isn?t to fire Howland. It?s to get him help

This isn?t a Joe mo situation
    It's ok to criticize Howland without wanting him fired. Geez, Flounder didn't say fire him.

vCash
    It's ok to criticize Howland without wanting him fired. Geez, Flounder didn't say fire him.
    There are several here that are though

vCash
    Will he go even as a projected 2nd rounder? With us not likely to make the tourney, I don't think he can work his way into the 1st round
    The word is that he's leaving no matter what. I can't see him sticking in the NBA, but he can make some money playing overseas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Maybe but Buzz couldn?t have gotten the players Howland has.

The answer isn?t to fire Howland. It?s to get him help

This isn?t a Joe mo situation
    Depends what You want. the glass half full or half empty. Underachieve with 4 and 5 Star players and win 21 games or overachieve with 2 and 3 star players and win 21 games.

vCash
    Well they are idiots.

vCash
    The word is that he's leaving no matter what. I can't see him sticking in the NBA, but he can make some money playing overseas.
    Yea he's definitely gone
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    But if you don?t want him fired, then that?s saying you?re ok with this crap forever, because if he hasn?t?t figured out how to make this team better after five years, he?s not going to.

vCash
    Well they are idiots.
    Amen. Complete idiots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Yea he's definitely gone
    This sucks. Perry could be an outstanding college basketball player next season, but he will struggle to make an nba roster as a 2nd round pick.

vCash
    I don't think firing Howland is the answer. I just don't care. Which is a problem. But it's hard for me to become invested in this team.

vCash
    Just wonder if Perry's mental approach to the game will hold him back? Does not always play hard and to his strengths.

vCash
    Fire lemonis!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I don't think firing Howland is the answer. I just don't care. Which is a problem. But it's hard for me to become invested in this team.
    I'm disappointed that we appear to be headed to the NIT, but I do realize it will be extremely difficult to be an NCAA team year-in, year-out.

vCash
    I'm disappointed that we appear to be headed to the NIT, but I do realize it will be extremely difficult to be an NCAA team year-in, year-out.
    It is difficult, but when you return a strong core of legacy players with great talent who helped carry you to the tournament the previous year, it causes extra disappointment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I can’t get invested in this team because the head coach is the problem.

If any of you old timers want to see what a difference a real coach can make, think back to the last team that Kermit Davis Sr. had in ‘76-‘77. Tremendous talent, but he did nothing with it and it got him fired. The next year Ron Greene came in and turned the exact same team into 2nd in the SEC to national champ Kentucky. Coaching makes a difference.

Banned
    vCash
    Bigger idiots than the head in sand fools who don't think there's anything wrong and can't grasp why people don't support this team compared to other options.