Thread: @PitchingNinja featuring Landon Sims

vCash

@PitchingNinja featuring Landon Sims

He has already posted videos of Cerantola and Ginn this season. That?s wicked movement from Sims. Big time player. https://mobile.twitter.com/PitchingN...39172741947393

vCash
    The kid has stuff for sure. If he can last more than 3 innings, I'd be tempted in making him our Sunday guy with Ginn being out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The kid has stuff for sure. If he can last more than 3 innings, I'd be tempted in making him our Sunday guy with Ginn being out.
    I'm sure he'll start here before he leaves. I thought Koestler did OK though.

vCash
    Will Christian MacLeod pitch any this year? I have no idea where he is in the pecking order - just a hometown boy I was wondering about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Will Christian MacLeod pitch any this year? I have no idea where he is in the pecking order - just a hometown boy I was wondering about.
    He's starting today and started last Saturday against Wright State and won SEC freshman of the week I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm sure he'll start here before he leaves. I thought Koestler did OK though.
    Koestler did okay. Got to get his pitch count down so he can give us more innings. He locates well. I think he'd be a solid option as a Sunday guy, but I think he'd be better suited for midweek.

vCash
    He's starting today and started last Saturday against Wright State and won SEC freshman of the week I think.
    Wow. The only game I've watched was the end of yesterday's. I'll be sure and tune in today. I had no idea he was that far along.

vCash
    Koestler did okay. Got to get his pitch count down so he can give us more innings. He locates well. I think he'd be a solid option as a Sunday guy, but I think he'd be better suited for midweek.
    In a perfect world yes, he would be pitching midweek. Eventually I'm sure we'll bump up MacLeoud and Cerentola to Friday and Saturday and then move Koestler back to Sunday at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Wow. The only game I've watched was the end of yesterday's. I'll be sure and tune in today. I had no idea he was that far along.
    Yeah he did really well. I think he would have been our midweek guy if not Sunday starter last year had he not been sick.

vCash
    If I was Lemonis, I would be starting Sims on Sunday?s or maybe widweek until he is ready for Sundays. We have a Chance next yr to have a hellish rotation in Mac, Cerentola, and Sims if we can get them all going...

I?m wondering if we can convince any of the juniors to stay for their senior yr next yr... We could be unreal if we could with the pitching coming back we possibly could have...

vCash
    In a perfect world yes, he would be pitching midweek. Eventually I'm sure we'll bump up MacLeoud and Cerentola to Friday and Saturday and then move Koestler back to Sunday at some point.
    I actually think we keep it the way it is. Cerantola needs to stay on a Sunday so we aren't depleted if he craps the bed on a Saturday. While he was great last week, there aren't enough data points yet to trust him completely.

We've got a better chance of handling a 4 walk 1st inning on a Sunday than a Saturday. With Ginn out, I think we keep it the way it is this weekend. In almost every series we will be guaranteed to have the more talented starter on the mound on Saturday and Sunday. If we move Macleod and Cerantola up to Friday/Saturday, that number goes to 1 at best, but a lot of times it will be 0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    In almost every series we will be guaranteed to have the more talented starter on the mound on Saturday and Sunday. If we move Macleod and Cerantola up to Friday/Saturday, that number goes to 1 at best, but a lot of times it will be 0.
    Agree 100%. Keep it the way it is. Gives us a much better chance of winning a series and 20-10 in the SEC gets you a national seed.

vCash
    When you say locates well, do you mean command or control? I'm just curious why high pitch count. I didn't see the game, but saw his #s, & agree it seems his count needs to come down.

vCash

Bednar

He looks the part too. He has two extended outings on the year and been very effective. Those two on the same roster the next 3 years will be fun to watch.

This team has several that can go get outs. It's figuring out when to push what buttons.
    Last edited by hp22; 02-23-2020 at 04:11 AM.

vCash
    So if we can keep the young guns healthy and get Smith back next yr, we have the arms to make a serious run... I means SERIOUS...

If we loose all the fab 5, we?re gonna need to then find the offense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So if we can keep the young guns healthy and get Smith back next yr, we have the arms to make a serious run... I means SERIOUS...

If we loose all the fab 5, we?re gonna need to then find the offense...
    I think if you put the next two years' pitching staffs with our current lineup, we'd win a national championship. Probably is we just can't get it all to line up like that.

vCash
    There is a small chance that everyone of our 5 could come back. Lemonis would have to sell that we could win it all. Hell you never know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    There is a small chance that everyone of our 5 could come back. Lemonis would have to sell that we could win it all. Hell you never know...
    Those 5 get drafted high are not coming back. I would not want them to leave that kind of money on the table. Think about the JT Ginn scenario.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!