Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WTH is wrong with our WBB team???

Banned
    vCash
    Team is in a slump and Vic still hasn't found the right rotations to make the pieces fit. This was anticipated to be a down year anyways coming in. We overachieved early and are regressing to the mean lately. Auburn is also much better than their record and has given more than just us fits. Still we've played some bad basketball lately. Hoping we are out of the funk come tournament time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I wouldn't say that. They have definite problems. Starting off, they're a TERRIBLE man to man team. Doesn't seem like anyone outside of Danberry and sometimes Taylor can keep anyone in front of them. Now, a lot of that may have to do with youth, but I don't remember other teams being this bad man to man this late in the season. Now, I don't know that we were that good man to man last year either but McGowan masked a lot of problems defensively. Secondly, the lack of shooters. I don't know that we have anyone on the team who can consistently knock down open looks from 3. I don't know what's happened to Hunter, but she'll make one and then miss 8. Bibby hasn't been the same since the injury and I don't know that she ever will be what she was before it. We just don't have that player like Johnson or Scott who were solid 3 and D players. Lastly, in this seems to be the most concerning, we can't seem to get a rotation out there that clicks. That's one thing that Schaefer has always done well. He's always been able to find 5 players that gelled well together on the court. It doesn't seem like we can find 2 or 3 this year and I don't think that's on Schaefer. We just don't have a lot of players that complement each others skill set. I think that goes back to not having shooters.

I think they'll figure it out and be better next year, but they'll be fortunate to make it out of the Round of 32 this year.
    Our team obviously has flaws. My point is that there is nothing 'wrong' with them. They are a young team who is top 10 in the country. If you can find something 'wrong' with that, you'll find something wrong with anything and everything.

vCash
    Team is young, and it shows sometimes. Almost beat the #1 team, almost lost to a bad Auburn team. Good enough to go far in the tournament, young enough to get bounced in the round of 32 or S16. Certainly no reason to go apoplectic.

vCash
    Espinoza-Hunter was 0-3 (12 mins). Zero points and mediocre defense doesn't justify it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Why is Bibby still in there? What is she providing? Her main contribution was her 3 pt shot but she misses the few chances she gets with those. She's a liability on defense bc she's slow. She can barely dribble. Somethings got to change.

One word to answer your question: Rebounds. We lack rebounding down low. Bibby can get a rebound. No doubt she's lost a step since the injury, but she really hustles and got really good basketball IQ. JMHO.