Thread: SEC Tournament Seeding

vCash

SEC Tournament Seeding

We are tied with USCe both 1 game behind the 3 teams (auburn, florida, lsu) that are tied for 2nd in SEC with 5 games to go.

1. KY 11-2
    2. Auburn 9-4
    3. Florida 9-4
    4. LSU 9-4
    5. State 8-5
    6. USCe 8-5

LSU plays USCe 2/22
    Florida plays KY 2/22

LSU plays Florida 2/26

Auburn plays KY 2/29

State plays USCe 3/3

KY plays Florida 3/7 (Florida likely loses both 2/22 and 3/7)

There are other games that with teams not in the top 6 that are never guaranteed W's for any team but the games listed above are games where teams tied or ahead of us have likely losses. If we can take care of business like we should, we can easily be in the top 4 teams going into SEC tournament and skip to quarter finals.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Arkansas just isn't that good. That is one of my biggest gripes about the NET ranking system. They have lost a ton of games. We beat them twice. We have a better SEC record than they do. Yet every time the national guys are talking, they act like Ark is in no doubt (a week ago) and we were definitely out of it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Arkansas just isn't that good. That is one of my biggest gripes about the NET ranking system. They have lost a ton of games. We beat them twice. We have a better SEC record than they do. Yet every time the national guys are talking, they act like Ark is in no doubt (a week ago) and we were definitely out of it.
    They're being perched up by their wins at Indiana and Alabama. That's their only two Q1 wins. However, main difference between us and them is that their 12-0 against Q3 and Q4 and we're 11-2. The losses against La Tech and NMSU are looking like they'll be the ones that cost us. Although, I would hope that the committee would look at the fact that one of those losses was without Nick and the other was his first game back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They're being perched up by their wins at Indiana and Alabama. That's their only two Q1 wins. However, main difference between us and them is that their 12-0 against Q3 and Q4 and we're 11-2. The losses against La Tech and NMSU are looking like they'll be the ones that cost us. Although, I would hope that the committee would look at the fact that one of those losses was without Nick and the other was his first game back.
    And we are presently playing 7 and one of those did not play in those loses. Were they short a starter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I agree. Last night they still had Ark in as a 9 seed which is BS. They are like 4-8 in SEC and lost a bunch in a row. We are way better team than Ark; Unless Ark gets hot I see no way they make it in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree. Last night they still had Ark in as a 9 seed which is BS. They are like 4-8 in SEC and lost a bunch in a row. We are way better team than Ark; Unless Ark gets hot I see no way they make it in.
    NWADAWG....I like ur thinking about UF potentially losing both to KY jelly
    but....IF KY Jelly shoots 3?s like they have been...UF could win both games.

They were a freaking 2 of 22 against the Confederates... at RUPP.

vCash
    Last night did them in. They had to have that win. They really had to have the win against us, but desperately needed last night because it would've been a Q1 win. They're a young team, I really like where Musselman has them and how hard he has them playing. They'll be a force within two years.

Banned
    vCash
    We beat SCar and only have maximum 1 loss the rest of the way we'll get the double bye.

3 road games and 2 home games against teams that beat us by 20+. Could be a tall ask but I really think the road game @ SCAR will be for that 4 seed. Win that and it goes a long way for both SEC and NCAA.

vCash
    My only explanation is that they are cutting slack for the losing streak coinciding with Isaiah Joe being injured and he is expected back tomorrow. But every team has injuries and I don't think that's supposed to factor into the equation.

Regardless there's no way Arkansas makes it in at this point unless maybe they end the season 8-10 or 9-9 in conference and make a run in the SECT which would require a 4-1 or 5-0 end to the regular season. Don't really see that happening:

Missouri
    Tennessee
    @ Georgia
    LSU
    @ Texas A&M

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    My only explanation is that they are cutting slack for the losing streak coinciding with Isaiah Joe being injured and he is expected back tomorrow. But every team has injuries and I don't think that's supposed to factor into the equation.

Regardless there's no way Arkansas makes it in at this point unless maybe they end the season 8-10 or 9-9 in conference and make a run in the SECT which would require a 4-1 or 5-0 end to the regular season. Don't really see that happening:

Missouri
    Tennessee
    @ Georgia
    LSU
    @ Texas A&M
    No Bad losses combined with a win over a big ten team goes a long way. NET values consistency. Wish it would value volatility. Give me the team that could lose by 30 or blow out the #1 team in the nation come March (Basically Purdue) Makes it exciting.