Thread: Matt Wyatt Interview With Spurrier Jr

vCash

Matt Wyatt Interview With Spurrier Jr

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hey, very good interview. I like the part where he said their expectations are very high on how good we are going to be. You can just tell their excited and getting ready for some football.

vCash
    Take aways:

1. Dontae Jones is an outside WR. I like it.

2. He his high on Malik Heath.

3. This isn't an offense where it takes three years to get our guys in. Expects to produce right away.

vCash
    In talking with USCe fans, I can't find a one with anything positive to say about Spurrier Jr. Though they are still bitter about the whole Spurrier Sr. exit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Take aways:

1. Dontae Jones is an outside WR. I like it.

2. He his high on Malik Heath.

3. This isn't an offense where it takes three years to get our guys in. Expects to produce right away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    In talking with USCe fans, I can't find a one with anything positive to say about Spurrier Jr. Though they are still bitter about the whole Spurrier Sr. exit thing.
    What's their gripe?

vCash
    I would like Matt to ask Coach Jr how his dad and Coach Leach are alike and how they are different.

vCash
    Sounds like sour grapes <17> um'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    What's their gripe?
    He quit in the middle of the season. Didn?t even finish out the year. This was 2015 I believe.

vCash
    Spurrier Sr tried to quit. Ray Tanner talked him out of it. Spurrier quit recruiting. Spurrier Jr. did as well and came off as very pompous. There are stories of Mason Rudolph hand writing letters to Spurrier Jr. wanting to come play at USCe. Supposedly Nick Chubb and a few other highly recruited guys were set to visit/commit and the Spurriers just mailed it in. Don't know the accuracy or if it's just sour grapes, but USCe fans despise him. The Athletic had an article on it recently giving Spurrier Sr. version.

https://theathletic.com/1578009/2020...shared-article

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    What's their gripe?