Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chance to separate tonight with Bama losing at home and Ark losing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    It's comical.
    It's down right scary. Is there such thing as a negative IQ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    That was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen
    Pretty much routine SEC officiating which is bad and always out to screw us over. We are one of the few teams I've seen that can't seem to even get calls at home.

vCash
    Thanks Nick--Ado and DJ. They won this game. Perry and Carter -what the hell was their problems tonight. Woodard dribbling between his legs while being trapped. And the Refs did all they could do to help SC. But a beat is a beat. let's move on.

vCash
    It?s a W. Take and move on. The bubble changes daily. Hell NC State behind us on the bubble beat Duke by 22. Bama lost at home. We need 5-1 to finish. Don?t know if we are mentally tough enough but we will see. I?m gin to bed still knowing we have hope. The country is weak this year, get in and weird shit can happen.

Banned
    vCash
    Back to back games that could have finished as resume building double digit wins that we shoot ourselves in the foot to be single possession wins.

Gut feeling is that the lack of respect we and the sec get in men's basketball is going to screw us and we will be the first team out. Wish we would play to our potential and not leave it up to chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Thanks Nick--Ado and DJ. They won this game. Perry and Carter -what the hell was their problems tonight. Woodard dribbling between his legs while being trapped. And the Refs did all they could do to help SC. But a beat is a beat. let's move on.
    Yep, survive and advance. Have to win Saturday now.

vCash
    It's a good win. This bunch can be frustrating but they are in 5th place in the league with a decent chance at finishing in the top four. They also have a decent chance of losing out and being a 5 seed in the NIT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's a good win. This bunch can be frustrating but they are in 5th place in the league with a decent chance at finishing in the top four. They also have a decent chance of losing out and being a 5 seed in the NIT.
    The most accurate statement on here tonight. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Back to back games that could have finished as resume building double digit wins that we shoot ourselves in the foot to be single possession wins.

Gut feeling is that the lack of respect we and the sec get in men's basketball is going to screw us and we will be the first team out. Wish we would play to our potential and not leave it up to chance.
    We have won 8 of last 10 in conference. Tied for 5th now. Go 5-1 we likely a 4 seed with 22 wins. We can?t fall asleep which we do at times but we are in if we finish strong? Can we? I don?t know but this conference deserves 5 and will get 5. A W is all that matters not a plus 10 win

vCash
    4-1 in conference and 21 wins.

vCash
    Some of my thoughts on the game:
    1.One of the worst officiating performances I?ve ever seen! We could?ve gotten a foul call pretty much every time we went up with the ball inside! The refs only called fouls when SCAR was basically intentionally fouling us to keep us from getting the easy buckets. Plus two phantom calls on Ado to end the game plus a non-existent moving screen...
    2. We may be the most athletic team in the SEC but we have run no offense at all. Howland and his assistants have failed to teach players to move without the ball. The players have also not been taught how to make a sequence of passes to find an open shot. It?s either a drive and kick out or lob to a semi open Perry down low. Never see our guys whipping the ball around unless it?s on a fast break.
    3. Even despite the 2nd point this team is so talented that I think they?ll make the tournament. I like the effort they play with and think they have some toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Great minds think alike I guess.
    Yep! No lead is ever safe for us. We can give it away at the drop of a hat, never seen anything like this bunch.

vCash
    I would love to be a fly on the wall at some film sessions and practices to see if we simply don't coach some of the standard fundamentals or if the players are just that dense. I assume most players also watch a lot of basketball and if you just listen to Hubie Brown a few games you get smarter.

vCash
    While the end was frustrating the officiating didn?t help. We tried to hold on against another team knowing every win is important. We held on. This finish has no determination on next game. Move forward and hope the guys pull a road win against a dangerous A&M. It?s amazing so many rail on the SEC because of national pundits. This is not a weak conference. And we are 8-5 now after winning 8 of last 10. Make no doubt the SEC has talented teams. Make the tournament and it?s a wide open field

vCash
    I actually haven?t been that disappointed in the overall play in conference besides that disaster at Ole Miss. Hopefully I do not have to retract this statement after Saturday as they better win in College Station. I am not the biggest Howland fan, but the fire Howland crowd is a bit overdramatic. The main reason we are in this spot is because of that horrible inexcusable home loss to La Tech. That was by far the worst.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I actually haven?t been that disappointed in the overall play in conference besides that disaster at Ole Miss. Hopefully I do not have to retract this statement after Saturday as they better win in College Station. I am not the biggest Howland fan, but the fire Howland crowd is a bit overdramatic. The main reason we are in this spot is because of that horrible inexcusable home loss to La Tech. That was by far the worst.
    Howland isn?t above some criticism but the crowd that wants to fire him is absolutely insane. I?m not sure there is another fan base in the country that bitches this much after a W. We were sluggish and it got a little rocky down the stretch but it?s still a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    The best thing this team could have happen, is a new coach to come in and mix up the offensive and defensive practices.

Wow, Carter just fouled a guy.

Not saying replace Howland, but they are not learning a dang thing week in and out. They are the same team they were 2 months ago, weatherspoon is just less rusty.
    We were 100th in the net 8 weeks ago and are now down to 50. To say this is the same team is asinine. The other team is on scholarship too. They're not just playing ghosts out there. We are on the cusp of having back to back NCAAT teams and the team has gotten zero support from our fans. Its entitled and pathetic horseshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyjones5 View Post
    1.One of the worst officiating performances I?ve ever seen! We could?ve gotten a foul call pretty much every time we went up with the ball inside! The refs only called fouls when SCAR was basically intentionally fouling us to keep us from getting the easy buckets. Plus two phantom calls on Ado to end the game plus a non-existent moving screen...
    2. We may be the most athletic team in the SEC but we have run no offense at all. Howland and his assistants have failed to teach players to move without the ball. The players have also not been taught how to make a sequence of passes to find an open shot. It?s either a drive and kick out or lob to a semi open Perry down low. Never see our guys whipping the ball around unless it?s on a fast break.
    3. Even despite the 2nd point this team is so talented that I think they?ll make the tournament. I like the effort they play with and think they have some toughness.
    good points except for #2--we did several times run a reversal and allow an over the top pass to Ado and Perry. We did get Carter open several times for a 3-which he mostly bricked. Perry must quit with the traveling-he does it every game--3 times last night. Carter has to play a whole lot better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyjones5 View Post
    14 assists on 23 made fgs and shot 50% from the field .. that’s very good and was 5/12 from 3 that’s very good against a team that defends you to death
    For sure too many turnovers and very sloppy with the ball in the last 2 -3 minutes
    Out rebounded our opponent again.
    And made more free throws than the opponent shot..

And most important won the game..

vCash
    We do two thing very well that we haven't always in the past and that's top 10 in rebound margin and top 50 in free throw percentage.