Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What's going on with Ginn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    He has the insurance they give but I have no idea how that works.
    Unless I'm mistaken he is also a Boras client/advisee so he has that form of insurance as well.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    He has the insurance they give but I have no idea how that works.
    If you take the money you can never play again.

vCash
    Just saw he's officially ruled out for this weekend, but they're making it sound like it's more precautionary and not a season ending type deal. Maybe there's hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Just saw he's officially ruled out for this weekend, but they're making it sound like it's more precautionary and not a season ending type deal. Maybe there's hope?
    What I'm hearing is inflammation. The problem is this is the second year in a row he has had inflammation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What I'm hearing is inflammation. The problem is this is the second year in a row he has had inflammation.
    It is inflammation but sounds like whatever they thought the cause was last year was misdiagnosed. So maybe there's something else??? I don't know how that works but maybe someone else does.

vCash
    I am curious what his post-game treatment is. If he came off the mound good last outing, and suddenly couldn't go during his Tuesday bullpen due to residual soreness from Friday, it doesn't sound like a structural issue.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Here's the problem:

He didnt pitch last Summer.
    He barely threw in the Fall
    1 start into the Spring and he is being shutdown for an undetermined amount of time.

It sounds like they are delaying the inevitable. Had he had surgery in July- he would be 6 months into rehab already.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Can he just go ahead and have the surgery without it being torn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Here's the problem:

1 start into the Spring and he is being shutdown for an undetermined amount of time.

It sounds like they are delaying the inevitable. Had he had surgery in July- he would be 6 months into rehab already.

Doesn't sound encouraging for this year. He had a long rest and obviously that hasn't solved his problem.

Wish the best for Ginn, at least we have time to figure our 3 man starting pitching rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Can he just go ahead and have the surgery without it being torn?
    Yes. We just had a kid do this. Quicker recovery BUT it’s still arm surgery so no walk in the park

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Yes. We just had a kid do this. Quicker recovery BUT it’s still arm surgery so no walk in the park
    If there is no apparent structural damage, what is being operated on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If there is no apparent structural damage, what is being operated on?
    If there is no apparent structural damage- why wasnt he allowed to pitch in a Summer League or in the Fall?

vCash
    If there is no apparent structural damage- why wasnt he allowed to pitch in a Summer League or in the Fall?
    The whole point of him not pitching was so he could get stronger so this wouldn't happen again. Obvious hasn't worked. If there is nothing there no MD is going to operate on him unless he is a quack. If there was something wrong and the MD found it JT and his family wouldn't delay having surgery I'm sure. There is no point in delaying the inevitable and no MD would recommend delaying surgery if that was the case.

vCash
    Here's the problem

You, quite literally, have no idea what you are talking about. Once aGAIN.

vCash
    So, do we have the pitching to compete for the sec now?

vCash
    Lot of speculation on here but I’m not sure anyone really has any facts other than the young man is being held out today with what Lemonis describes as “soreness”. Maybe we should hold off until we actually know what diagnosis the orthopedic surgeons find.

vCash

Whoa there! Hold up....

Quote Originally Posted by MSUdawg67 View Post
    Lot of speculation on here but I?m not sure anyone really has any facts other than the young man is being held out today with what Lemonis describes as ?soreness?. Maybe we should hold off until we actually know what diagnosis the orthopedic surgeons find.
    You can't be on this here message board using a logical thought process. We are State fans. The sky is falling at all times!*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUdawg67 View Post
    Lot of speculation on here but I’m not sure anyone really has any facts other than the young man is being held out today with what Lemonis describes as “soreness”. Maybe we should hold off until we actually know what diagnosis the orthopedic surgeons find.
    Actually, I think there are some that know. Homedawg is one, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you

vCash
    Here's the problem:

This is pretty much where I am. Not so much on thinking they should have already had surgery, but just on the fact that it doesn't look real good for the possibility of us leaning on him at all this year. They've handled him with kid gloves since late last year and still are, and he is still not 100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabaka View Post
    You, quite literally, have no idea what you are talking about. Once aGAIN.
    What was incorrect?

Did he pitch last summer under an assumed name?
    Did he throw alot in the Fall at 2am so nobody would see?
    He missed his start today and I'll be very shocked if he pitches next weekend.

So- where is my "no idea" incorrect?