Thread: Baseball guys give me a season preview

vCash

Baseball guys give me a season preview

Like a lot of guys, I don't keep up as much as I do with other sports. Give me a general feeling of your expectations and predictions for the season. I'm too lazy to search for an older thread

Basic things I want to know:

1. Who are the 2-3 guys that are projected to step into weekend starting roles and how good do you expect these guys to be this year?

2. Who replaces guys like Mangum, Skelton, McNamee and what kind of production do you expect from them.

3. Who are the guys that haven't started before (that are relatively unknown to the common fan) that you expect to step into every day roles and who is a "break out star" among them?

I know we had a good recruiting class, but which of these guys are supposed to contribute right away
    Last edited by sonofozarka; 02-14-2020 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    1. Your weekend rotation will be Ginn, MacLeod, and Cerantola. The first two are pretty much set in stone, but if Cerantola can't throw strikes, then there are some new guys that can step into that role. Lots of talent with the pitching staff but unproven for the most part. We'll go as far as they take us.

2. You can't replace Mangum. It's impossible. But Rowdey will play CF and that's about the best "replacement" you can ask for as long as we get the Rowdey from the second half of last season. Hancock will replace Skelton. Allen will move to RF while Hatcher slides in at 1B.

3. Kameron James is a guy who will get lots of playing time at 3b. Really good defensively and his bat his solid too. Pimentel is another guy who will get playing time whether it's at 1b, LF, or DH. Kid has some pop.

vCash
    Other interesting things for the year:

(1) We have a stable full of Freshman stud horse pitchers - between Sims, Rokose, Bednar, Hunt, Tanner, and Lovette we are going to see someone produce a Freshman All American season.
    (2) Brandon Pimentel could be the Nathaniel Lowe of 2020.
    (3) Maybe we have Spencer Price back to All American level?
    (4) We have lefties in the bullpen that can get an Out, without walking the Lefty they were brought-in to retire (Shemper, Eagan, Rokose, Harding)
    (5) Coach says that Josh Hatcher is awesome now, puts him the company of Westburg, Allen, and Foscue
    (6) Our batting lineup is biased to Lefties...we desperately need Right-handed-Hitters like Kam James and Cumbest to be effective platoons or eventually earn an everyday job

vCash
    Logan Tanner will be a catcher only and won't pitch for us. At least for now.

vCash
    So my understanding is that Pimentel is a sophomore. So will he be around for next year as well, no matter what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So my understanding is that Pimentel is a sophomore. So will he be around for next year as well, no matter what?
    Correct. Pimentel is a sophomore.

vCash
    Got to move off this # of post, quick.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Logan Tanner will be a catcher only and won't pitch for us. At least for now.
    Good, he should be behind the plate.