Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's Something About This Coaching Staff...

vCash

There's Something About This Coaching Staff...

Props to our athletic department for running a video campaign that allows us to get to know this new staff. I already feel like I know them better than Moorhead's.

Also, there's something about these guys. There seems to be chemistry and a pretty high level of IQ between these guys. Seems to be a high level of "get it"

[Tweet2]1227985672465551360[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I really like our staff. I do wonder how leach's air raid and arnett's 3-3-5 translate to the sec though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really like our staff. I do wonder how leach's air raid and arnett's 3-3-5 translate to the sec though
    At least we will have an answer one way or the other. If it doesn't work out, we will need to get back to the power spread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    At least we will have an answer one way or the other. If it doesn't work out, we will need to get back to the power spread.
    Yup.

Honestly though, with our history of WR recruiting futility, I'd rather it be us that takes the chance than anyone else. I'd rather see us fail trying it than to feel the disgust if someone else tried it and it worked.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think it could be a fail this season, and maybe be successful in a couple years. Worried about our WRs and LBs

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Props to our athletic department for running a video campaign that allows us to get to know this new staff. I already feel like I know them better than Moorhead's.

Also, there's something about these guys. There seems to be chemistry and a pretty high level of IQ between these guys. Seems to be a high level of "get it"

[Tweet2]1227985672465551360[/tweet2]
    Well in all honesty, you could have just watched old clips of Barnum and Bailey acts to learn about our previous staff. Hard to reinvent the wheel.

vCash
    It’s interesting seeing so much content put out again - more like it was under Mullen.

Maybe - just maybe - the lack of content and marketing was moor about the previous staff not willing to put in work, and do everything it takes to run a P5 program, then it was lack of support and dollars from the Athletic Department.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It?s interesting seeing so much content put out again - more like it was under Mullen.

Maybe - just maybe - the lack of content and marketing was moor about the previous staff not willing to put in work, and do everything it takes to run a P5 program, then it was lack of support and dollars from the Athletic Department.
    Could also be cause Cohen got as dizzy as the rest of us hearing the same ole tired cliches coming out of Moorhead all the time. "We didn't execute well in all three phases of the game", "building a culture", "point the thumb not the finger", "explosive plays", "my team, my program", etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Could also be cause Cohen got as dizzy as the rest of us hearing the same ole tired cliches coming out of Moorhead all the time. "We didn't execute well in all three phases of the game", "building a culture", "point the thumb not the finger", "explosive plays", "my team, my program", etc.
    That, and it’s hard as hell to enthusiastically market a product you know is underachieving. You can’t put out highlight videos of dropped passes and blown coverages either.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    That, and it’s hard as hell to enthusiastically market a product you know is underachieving. You can’t put out highlight videos of dropped passes and blown coverages either.
    Sure is a different tenor now tho ... and I like it. Don't feel like someone is pissing down my back and telling me it's raining all the time now. No promises ... just we gonna work hard.

vCash
    It’s interesting seeing so much content put out again - more like it was under Mullen.

I think some of it was Cohen having inexperience as an AD. Bad hire for a coach and maybe he didn't allocate enough money and demand enough from the video department. It appears as if Cohen is learning. I noticed an uptick in video content after the Egg Bowl before Leach was hired so I think this was coming regardless. He probably took too much advice from Scott Stricklin and not enough from Greg Byrne.

People were upset about multiple things last year and I think most of those things will get corrected.

Moorhead probably didn't know enough to demand more video content or have a clue as to what was needed to ask for. I think if he had asked for more money for a S&C guy Cohen probably would have given it to him. Probably fault and inexperience meeting head to head there.

vCash
    I'm sure people will be clamoring for RTGDF after Alabama beats us or after we lose a game. MSU fans always want the extreme opposite of the current coach. I have a feeling the Air Raid will work here and the real issue has more to do with who the coaches were and how they coached as opposed to "our system is too complicated with too many reads in it".

The reality is we're going to have to be able to pass the ball somewhat efficiently for us to take the next step. I think running the ball all the time really limited our ceiling and we saw that with Dan.

vCash
    Yup.

Honestly though, with our history of WR recruiting futility, I'd rather it be us that takes the chance than anyone else. I'd rather see us fail trying it than to feel the disgust if someone else tried it and it worked.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Well in all honesty, you could have just watched old clips of Barnum and Bailey acts to learn about our previous staff. Hard to reinvent the wheel.
    Speaking from my own working experience, most B&B acts and circus performers in general are extremely talented, competent, driven, practice diligently, and they execute their responsibilities on cue every time. Clowns, jugglers, animal acts, acrobats, etc. -- amazingly skilled and focused.

Our previous staff could have benefitted from their coaching.

vCash
    Just my observation, Emerick seems to be a pretty good pr machine and I’d bet he’s behind a lot of the very welcome exposure.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Can?t wait for Leach to talk about their Fat Little Girlfriends after we lose a game we shouldn?t

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm sure people will be clamoring for RTGDF after Alabama beats us or after we lose a game. MSU fans always want the extreme opposite of the current coach. I have a feeling the Air Raid will work here and the real issue has more to do with who the coaches were and how they coached as opposed to "our system is too complicated with too many reads in it".

The reality is we're going to have to be able to pass the ball somewhat efficiently for us to take the next step. I think running the ball all the time really limited our ceiling and we saw that with Dan.
    ^^^This^^^

vCash
    Most of them seem to be young, eager and enthusiastic with a high energy level. They want to succeed so their career will continue to rise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

There is no doubt this message board will be in complete melt mode at the first sign of struggle. The board handles "adversity" about as well as the players did under Moorhead.**

vCash
    Yup.

Our issues recruiting wide receivers have always struck me as a chicken or egg problem. Are we historically run heavy due to inherent struggles recruiting great receivers, or have we struggled to recruit great receivers due to being historically run heavy? Like many other aspects, I think this staff will give us that answer.

At the same time though, this offense at a minimum shouldn't need a bunch of prototypically great receivers like Moorhead's does; just smart guys with good hands and decent athleticism. I don't think that's too tall of an order recruiting-wise.
    Last edited by thf24; 02-14-2020 at 12:49 PM.