Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's Something About This Coaching Staff...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Our issues recruiting wide receivers have always struck me as a chicken or egg problem. Are we historically run heavy due to inherent struggles recruiting great receivers, or have we struggled to recruit great receivers due to being historically run heavy? Like many other aspects, I think this staff will give us that answer.

At the same time though, this offense shouldn't need a bunch of prototypically great receivers like Moorhead's does; just smart guys with good hands and decent athleticism. I don't think that's too tall of an order recruiting-wise.
    I definitely don't believe it's because the state doesn't produce any narrative. If that was the case Ole Miss and USM wouldn't have functional passing games either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    There is no doubt this message board will be in complete melt mode at the first sign of struggle. The board handles "adversity" about as well as the players did under Moorhead.**
    I'm going to brace myself because I know it's coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Props to our athletic department for running a video campaign that allows us to get to know this new staff. I already feel like I know them better than Moorhead's.

Also, there's something about these guys. There seems to be chemistry and a pretty high level of IQ between these guys. Seems to be a high level of "get it"

[Tweet2]1227985672465551360[/tweet2]
    Agree, someone now understands how it needs to work. I also like this staff; they seem to be on the same page. When everyone rows together, good things can happen. They are saying and doing the right things. To be honest, I never felt that way with Moorhead and staff.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I?m just happy the new staff hasn?t told us all to kick rocks or pound sand. That?s one positive. My toes and fists were pretty worn out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    There is no doubt this message board will be in complete melt mode at the first sign of struggle. The board handles "adversity" about as well as the players did under Moorhead.**
    The first time this happens: No receiver is open, field is wide open in front of the QB, but instead of taking off the QB continues to look for a receiver, then gets sacked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    The first time this happens: No receiver is open, field is wide open in front of the QB, but instead of taking off the QB continues to look for a receiver, then gets sacked.
    I'm already not happy that we do everything from the shotgun including taking a knee. This means no QB sneaks and that makes me sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I?m just happy the new staff hasn?t told us all to kick rocks or pound sand. That?s one positive. My toes and fists were pretty worn out.
    Leach is more likely to call the players girlfriends fat than tell the fans to kick rocks.

It was very frustrating as a fan to see the obvious half assedness on multiple levels- S&C, special teams, discipline, etc. and then the coach had the gall to call the fans out for calling him out about it. Unfortunately for Joe MSU fans had seen what a competent MSU coached team looked like and we knew we weren't the ones in the wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm already not happy that we do everything from the shotgun including taking a knee. This means no QB sneaks and that makes me sad.
    I never really understood why this was that big of a deal? LOL.

Having watched Leach casually over the year I don't remember him ever calling a QB sneak. We'll essentially hand it off to the running back in short yardage probably which is basically about the same depth as handing it off to a running back in the I-formation. That or a short high percentage pass.

vCash
    I've got a dumb question. In the video it shows the players running sprints with coaches overseeing the activities. What all can coaches be involved in during off season workouts and training? I know they can't 'practice' outside of Spring training hours but what all can they do? I have read where the qb's throw with the receivers during the Summer but can coaches give them guidance on what to run and can they watch the routes being run?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I've got a dumb question. In the video it shows the players running sprints with coaches overseeing the activities. What all can coaches be involved in during off season workouts and training? I know they can't 'practice' outside of Spring training hours but what all can they do? I have read where the qb's throw with the receivers during the Summer but can coaches give them guidance on what to run and can they watch the routes being run?
    I'm pretty sure they can do everything but on field practice. Meaning, they can have meetings, watch from a window, etc. I could be wrong though
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think they're allowed 2 hours per week, that may be just in the summer. I am not really sure, but they are allowed some time.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!