Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Baseball Game moved up to 1 pm start

vCash

Friday Baseball Game moved up to 1 pm start

So for all you fans planning on going after work, F and U!

Another athletic department fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    So for all you fans planning on going after work, F and U!

Another athletic department fail.
    Are you saying that the fans are more important than the health of the players & wanting them to play in 35 degree weather?

I understand the disappointment, but see the bigger picture here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Are you saying that the fans are more important than the health of the players & wanting them to play in 35 degree weather?

I understand the disappointment, but see the bigger picture here
    I?m saying name a year when it is not butt cold at DNF to start the season.

I?m saying stop selling this best fans, because of the fans, we love the fans BS if you can?t play baseball in cold weather.

I?m saying it?s opening day at MISSISSIPPI STATE in BASEBALL. Why find a way to screw that up?

The correct thing to do, if you move the game, is play two on Saturday, but that makes too much sense for our inept athletic department.

vCash
    Dude...I'm not fired up about Ginn pitching in that kind of weather...he did well in Frisco last year but that was against Texas Tech....not Wright State. There isn't a need to risk injury to anyone especially Ginn for Wright State. We need Ginn in Omaha

vCash
    Was taking the day off anyway. I will be seated, ringing and cheering! If you were a real fan you would have taken the day off too ******

vCash

I?m saying stop selling this best fans, because of the fans, we love the fans BS if you can?t play baseball in cold weather.

I?m saying it?s opening day at MISSISSIPPI STATE in BASEBALL. Why find a way to screw that up?

The correct thing to do, if you move the game, is play two on Saturday, but that makes too much sense for our inept athletic department.
    I can buy the two Saturday thing. It's absolutely the right idea to not play Friday night though.

vCash
    2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday makes sense. That's the way it used to be every weekend in the SEC. But if we are determined to play Friday, it was the smart move to move the game up. It's going to be freezing Friday night.

vCash
    I have no problem with the move. Made the right one....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Well shit, that was going to be my valentine's gift to my old lady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday makes sense. That's the way it used to be every weekend in the SEC. But if we are determined to play Friday, it was the smart move to move the game up. It's going to be freezing Friday night.
    Coaches are going to avoid DH as much as possible - especially early in the season. Yeah, it stinks from a fan perspective, but its the right call for the team.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Well shit, that was going to be my valentine's gift to my old lady.
    Hell of a husband you are to take your wife to a 35 degree baseball game*

I'm sure that's exactly what she wanted for Valentine's

vCash
    As a fan who lives 3 hrs away and looks forward to going to baseball for months, it feels like they are trying hard to keep me from attending.

vCash

Looks like there's a good chance for rain on Sunday. Maybe they want to preserve the opportunity to move that game up and still get three in this weekend.

Or maybe they just wanted to screw it up for Pinto from Elitedawgs.***

vCash
    Ginn’s health > any fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post

Or maybe they just wanted to screw it up for Pinto from Elitedawgs.***
    THANK YOU!!! RiverCityDawg gets it.

vCash
    More lunacy from MSU fans. It was going to be miserable sitting in that weather for a baseball game anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    More lunacy from MSU fans. It was going to be miserable sitting in that weather for a baseball game anyway.
    Pretend you're at a football game. Nobody bitches about 35 degrees at a football game. Hell, thats called football weather.

vCash
    Hey, game time changes due to weather are nothing new and rarely are in favor of the fans. It has cost me many a trip to baseball games, but it is what it is. My family of 4 will be in our seats for the Saturday and Sunday games, as the weather looks to be in a more promising mood. HailState and lets take 3 this weekend!

vCash
    So I guess, pinto wants it at 7 because that would allow the extra dozen fans who want to come and sit thru that misery to make it after work....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Pretend you're at a football game. Nobody bitches about 35 degrees at a football game. Hell, thats called football weather.
    Temps may be the same, but February baseball games are some of the coldest events I have attended