Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That game is the definition of.....

vCash

That game is the definition of.....

a coach that has NO control over a group of talented, selfish, low b-ball IQ, no understanding of team play, and a ?ME, ME? approach! Complete horseshit!!!

vCash

Its time

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    a coach that has NO control over a group of talented, selfish, low b-ball IQ, no understanding of team play, and a ?ME, ME? approach! Complete horseshit!!!
    I was willing to give Howland a chance to hire some real assistants at the end of the year but after that performance I think it would be best if we just made a clean break. Fans aren't interested in his style of basketball and he doesn't relate to the culture that has made our other athletic teams successful. And once fan support tanks its nearly impossible to gain it back.

vCash
    Been saying it for a while now
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    I was willing to give Howland a chance to hire some real assistants at the end of the year but after that performance I think it would be best if we just made a clean break. Fans aren't interested in his style of basketball and he doesn't relate to the culture that has made our other athletic teams successful. And once fan support tanks its nearly impossible to gain it back.
    This is the exact same attitude that makes us hang onto Moorhead after winning the Egg Bowl

Was it bad? yes but if you replace Ole Miss with the name Missouri, you're aren't calling for a firing.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    You nailed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is the exact same attitude that makes us hang onto Moorhead after winning the Egg Bowl

Was it bad? yes but if you replace Ole Miss with the name Missouri, you're aren't calling for a firing.
    Uh no. This was a Moorhead level performance. Accountability issues. Culture problem. Big time. Howland has done a better job than Moorhead did considering he walked into a dead program but he has it pretty close to a coma right now. Im not ready to say fire him but this was strike 1 for me. Baseball and the womens team have done a lot to keep the attention off of him

vCash
    How dare you call Nick Spoon talented!**

vCash
    Welcome back aboard! You guys took a few games off but you see the light now. Howland sucks. He recruits great but his coaching is terrible. He's going to miss the tournament with one of the most talented teams we've had. Tell Adidas it's time to start the search and no old ass retreads. This is Stans 2.0. All we need is some fighting.

vCash

Actually its not. Ive never been a howland fan from the get go. And I've been vocal about it all along. His offenses are clunky and his style of play is very hard to watch. And yes I'd say the exact same thing if it were Missouri because I have already done that.

vCash

You obviously don't pay attention to what some of us have been saying about howland since way before this.

vCash
    I can't believe we let OM score 50 points in the second half

vCash
    We must be practicing that lob/rainbow pass around the perimeter. Ado is useless in the middle of the zone if he just stands still and is no threat to shoot. Perry should be down low against a zone and change the lineup.

vCash
    Where is the guy that normally defends Howland? Can’t believe anyone would find a way to justify our teams performance the last few years under Howland. For crying out loud we lost to Liberty in the tournament last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    We must be practicing that lob/rainbow pass around the perimeter. Ado is useless in the middle of the zone if he just stands still and is no threat to shoot. Perry should be down low against a zone and change the lineup.
    OMG, THIS. I hate our passing around the perimeter. Lazy af.

vCash
    the other coach was chewing on his guys and urging them to compete. Our coach stood and mildly clapped. This team will struggle mightily next year with Perry gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    OMG, THIS. I hate our passing around the perimeter. Lazy af.
    We kept doing with 3 mins left and trailing by 20. It didn't seem to be of any concern to the folks on the bench. I understand the rivalry and all of that but to just lay down and act like you were better from the opening tip. We were up 32-18 with 3 min left in the half and just never adjusted to a plain old high school 2-3 match up zone. holy crap

vCash
    You can put a fork in this program until Ben Howland exits stage door right.

vCash
    I got freaking blasted for saying last year Howland was on the clock....you stubborn hard headed 17ers get what you deserve and you know who you are.

vCash
    But but but but Ari said we cant do no better.... foh

vCash
    Same here buddy. The writing has been on the wall the first day Howland arrived on campus. Not sure why anyone would defend his results. The record and lack of attendance speaks for itself. The program took the wrong turn the day Stansbury was shown the door.