Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get out your sharpie and circle Saturday

vCash

Get out your sharpie and circle Saturday

This was ugly tonight, real ugly, but we have a winnable game at ark Saturday; Ark is really reeling right now. If we win Saturday, our schedule is pretty favorable. Not giving up just yet, but Saturday is a must win now bc of tonight

vCash
    Even if we somehow make the tourney, this team will be lucky to play the 2nd game in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Even if we somehow make the tourney, this team will be lucky to play the 2nd game in it.
    And I'm fine with that... sign me up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And I'm fine with that... sign me up
    This team should go further than that. It's grossly underachieved. I'm fine with that when we're playing at or above our potential but his team doesn't do that.

vCash
    Agree ark is sucking now. It will be game of who sucks the least. I'm not near as positive as you. USC will kill us; they are tough as nails. Not sure how we beat Olemiss anywhere; dang did I just say that. Bama the way they shoot; we could lose again by 20 or more. We have too many players not focused in and off shooting.

vCash
    This team should go further than that. It's grossly underachieved. I'm fine with that when we're playing at or above our potential but his team doesn't do that.
    I agree we've underachieved, but damage is done now... let's just get in the tourney

vCash
    I agree we've underachieved, but damage is done now... let's just get in the tourney
    Ok ... I'll buy getting in tourney but this team ... ughh ... just very frustrating to watch the lack of effort at times and shear stupidity they can play with.

vCash
    Ok ... I'll buy getting in tourney but this team ... ughh ... just very frustrating to watch the lack of effort at times and shear stupidity they can play with.
    Now don't get me wrong, I think making it is sort of a long shot

vCash
    We looked like Ned and first reader tonight. What are chances this repeats several more times? I say pretty high. We've done it all year in first half. Tonight we did it for 1.5 of game.

I want to believe we have a shot too but what changes to cause that? Not being smart, serious question?

vCash
    Very.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Very.
    What's your take on Howland?

vCash
    And I was meaning I'm for making the tourney but ... I think our odds took a serious hit tonight. Pretty slim IMO now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We looked like Ned and first reader tonight. What are chances this repeats several more times? I say pretty high. We've done it all year in first half. Tonight we did it for 1.5 of game.

I want to believe we have a shot too but what changes to cause that? Not being smart, serious question?
    The fact that we have talent and can get hot. That's it, besides maroon glasses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The fact that we have talent and can get hot. That's it, besides maroon glasses.
    Yeah I agree, that is all we have. Otherwise, I'll go with just more of same. We will look like a Final 4 team a time or two then like tonight 3 more times at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah I agree, that is all we have. Otherwise, I'll go with just more of same. We will look like a Final 4 team a time or two then like tonight 3 more times at least.
    We haven't looked like a Final 4 team at any time this season.

vCash
    Loser of Sat is out of tourney IMO. Elimination game Sat. and we'll be playing in an elimination game every game until we lose one more.

vCash
    Hate to say it, but I saw enough about our mental toughness tonight, to see that we aren't making the dance. I was pretty sure we'd lose....but 25 points? Weak, soft, pitiful. We may make the NIT, but who cares...this team is too talented and too experienced to give a rats ass about the NIT. We aren't making the dance, and thats a failure. No dance puts this season in the same spot as Joe's 8-5 year with the #1 Defense in the country. Embarrassing, underachieving failure if we don't make the dance, and it doesn't look like we will.

My guess, Just like Joe, Ben will get next year, we will miss the dance again, and Ben will be replaced.

vCash
    We need to find a hard ass type coach. I'm sure Cohen has one on his short list of candidates. That was some smoking hot garbage effort tonite. Spoon mite as well have just sat out the game. Not enough one on one for him tonite. I think cadaverdog is on to something.

vCash
    UPig is ****ing good at home. We will be hardpressed to win there.

Howland recruits well- but we arent well-coached by any means
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Howland would make Dale Brown proud.