Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Puppies vs Guppies Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    What a bunch of **ssies!!!
    Yep I concur.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'm with you; I've given Howland a lot of rope. He has recruited well and he pulled us out of Rick Ray debacle so he earned some capital but tonight pushed me that direction. Coaching was obvious tonight.
    Rick Ray has also won the same number of tourney games as Howland, in less years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I disagree with the effort wise. This team shows minimal effort night in and night out. How else do you think we can get away with a 6 man rotation? They sure as hell ain't running for 40 minutes. Not building bench depth and allowing bad habits and lack of effort has doomed this team. Add in no offensive creativity (or off ball movement at all) and you are bound to have someone exploit it. Match it up with someone getting hot on the other team and here you go.

Amazing we fold like this but not against UK. That's the only perplexing one. They didn't just quit that game. They just quit tonight.
    Not landing a true point guard in last years class killed us in recruiting. We took a flyer on a combo guard in Molinar (who Howland has played minimal minutes) and a shooting guard in Devin Butts (who I guess we are redshirting). We recruited a guy who could have given us great minutes at both the 3 and 4 in King (who once again we aren?t playing and I guess he will redshirt) and then we took a guy in Post who could play the 4 and 5 at 7?1? (who I guess is also redshirting). Howland ****ed up our recruiting class last year, didn?t develop any depth at all, and is going with a 7 but really 6 man rotation. We have a bad ass point guard coming in next year but it might be one year too late as I don?t think he?s going to have anyone to pass to when Perry and possibly others leave. Who the hell knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
    My bad - other than Vandy.
    We had a 10 point home win against Vandy and that was something to get excited about.

vCash
    The good thing is nobody was really emotionally invested in this team. At least I wasnt.

I do think tonight is a huge red flag for Howland but the womens team and baseball probably keeps the majority of the real heat off of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The good thing is nobody was really emotionally invested in this team. At least I wasnt.

I do think tonight is a huge red flag for Howland but the womens team and baseball probably keeps the majority of the real heat off of him
    Right now he?s just collecting a $2 million+ check. He?s not a good coach anymore and he?s roster management where he?s basically redshirting 80% of our freshman class really tells you all you need to know. This team is a lot more talented then 15-9. It?s a pathetic coaching job and really most to all of the blame goes to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Rick Ray has also won the same number of tourney games as Howland, in less years.
    I'm as down on Howland as anyone but if you are trying to push Ray up to Howland, try something else. Did Rick Ray bring in any talent? Did he play any post season games? Howland got us out of the pit but this is as far as he is capable. Need someone else to take the next step.

vCash
    I wish we would?ve hired someone like Frank Martin. He might not be a great recruiter but he steps out on the court every night with a talent disadvantage and manages to win a lot of games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well they aren't the best, and I'm certainly embarrassed
    Dude -you get out of the bed embarrassed, The 96 team shit the bed a couple of times before going o the final 4. On a road game in the SEC anyone can get embarrassed. We had a bad stretch and their best player got in a zone. Shit-we won the first half. i'm mad because Ben-used up all his timeouts--I'm mad because Ben took Perry and ADO out in the first half and let Ole Miss make a charge. I'm mad because Ben refuses to play a zone. Ben should have let Molinar play instead of Nick. Nick was just off--but he has played great for about 7 games in a row. Cheer up-Dude we will beat Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I wish we would?ve hired someone like Frank Martin. He might not be a great recruiter but he steps out on the court every night with a talent disadvantage and manages to win a lot of games
    is that the same Frank Martin-Ole Miss just bitch slapped last week--asking for a friend

Banned
    vCash
    losing a hard fought close game is one thing, to get run out of the arena by ole miss is disgraceful. No pride or love of the colors you wear.

On the bright side, we'll have way more 4 and 5 star players than anyone else in the NIT. Did anyone catch a glimpse of their baseball field and was it flooded? consolation prize or something?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Think Andy Kennedy might be looking for a job?
    Hey now!