Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do With the South Endzone?

vCash

What Would You Do With the South Endzone?

I know we do this every so often, but I always enjoy the ideas created on here.

Post a picture of what you'd want the south endzone to be inspired by.

Personally, I'm fine with a hotel in the South endzone, but the hotel side that is facing the inside of the stadium needs to be a stadium, bowl the stadium in, & add to the STADIUM. Not just be a building in the end zone.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Personally, I'd like to see a vertical stand of sky boxes that emulate this opera house while at the lower levels have a some rows of seating that bowl in the stadium like La Bombanera in Argentina

vCash
    Boxes and rent space to The Pony. Throw a couple strippers on poles similar to what Dallas does with their "dancers". **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Boxes and rent space to The Pony. Throw a couple strippers on poles similar to what Dallas does with their "dancers". **

vCash
    I would love to see a big sheet with the words "ELITEDAWGS BAN SHOTGUN"

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Make the South Endzone all premium seating, then chairback the entire lower level. The hotel idea can work but it needs to connect the East and West sides. The first design that was put out for the hotel didn't look good IMO.

vCash
    AFB00315-9B03-4EE8-A46B-4162D2FD7981.jpg

Do what Arkansas did with their end zone to a lesser degree. Have boxes that have a few rows of chair back seating in front of them. Kinda looks like behind home plate of a baseball park.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    AFB00315-9B03-4EE8-A46B-4162D2FD7981.jpg

Do what Arkansas did with their end zone to a lesser degree. Have boxes that have a few rows of chair back seating in front of them. Kinda looks like behind home plate of a baseball park.
    Good idea.

I like what Ark did. Maybe keep everything, but remove that 2nd tier, club level seating & just go vertical skyboxes & continue the skyboxes throughout the bowl instead of stopping them halfway like Ark did

Would increase the stadium capacity to about 63K I'd guess, which I think would work if we're good.

vCash
    Put in a hotel and style it like the new Old Main building

98F90EB6-C497-4C37-9C34-F10FF683FFAD.jpegj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Put in a hotel and style it like the new Old Main building

98F90EB6-C497-4C37-9C34-F10FF683FFAD.jpegj
    I'd like the back of it (facing the Junction) to look like that, but having a building like that facing the inside of the stadium is a complete waste of space.

vCash
    I'd definitely like to have a 360 degree concourse.

vCash
    The first thing that needs to be done to the stadium is to bring the east side under the stands up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. A distant second phase convert the two mid tiers on the west side to boxes. Make up the capacity by bowling in the south endzone. Keep the capacity about where it is.

vCash
    Going to the Buccaneers stadium for the Outback Bowl was a real a-ha moment for me in regards to what we should do to DWS. First, I'd segment both east and west lower levels into standard seating and "club" seating. The top of the lower West side needs to be enclosed and turned into club area that would match the East side. Making 20 or so rows into club, making them wider more comfortable chairback seating (if you went to the Outback Bowl and sat at the top of the lower bowl, you know how comfy those chairs were) should take out roughly 3000 from the capacity if you convert 20 rows from each lower section to "club". Secondly, the west quarter deck/press box needs to be converted completely to sky boxes/suites. No reason for the media to get the best seats in the house for free. Turn that entire deck into suites. Lots of $ there. You'll also lose maybe a thousand or so seats in that process as suites will seat less than those sections. Finally, I'd mirror the South End Zone to the North end zone expansion from 2014. That should, based on historical data, add ~6000 seats. Overall, this entire plan only adds roughly 2000 seats to the entire scheme, but creates a lot more money, better viewing/seating, more comfort, better amenities, and would double our premium club/suites.

vCash
    Ill try to go by and take a picture today, but there looks to be work being done to the midtier west side of stadium. There is scaffolding that goes across most of the mid tier, but if I had to guess its just yearly maintenance and not any extensive work being done. A new press box should honestly be the first priority, we might have one of the worst in the league

Banned
    vCash
    I hope before I die I get to see a true bowled in Davis Wade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The first thing that needs to be done to the stadium is to bring the east side under the stands up to the standard of the rest of the stadium. A distant second phase convert the two mid tiers on the west side to boxes. Make up the capacity by bowling in the south endzone. Keep the capacity about where it is.
    Ugh. Brutal

vCash
    I would rather do something to the middle section of the west side. The press box area looks awful from the outside. Looks very old. Like something a CUSA team would have.

vCash
    Just move Dorman to where Seal is and put bleachers on half and leave places for lawn chairs and coolers on the rest.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ugh. Brutal
    What do you care, you never go. The east side under the stands will be the next thing done. I think it's already in the works.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    What do you care, you never go. The east side under the stands will be the next thing done. I think it's already in the works.
    I was hoping to get the south end bowled in as the next Project. Having an open endzone is so yesterday/bush league/cusa.