Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do With the South Endzone?

vCash
    I doubt we ever have crowds bigger than 2014 crowds.... college football attendance will start trending down... we need more amenities, WiFi, Cell Service, Chairbacks, new press box... put a hotel/recruiting center in South end zone with a few restaurant options...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I doubt we ever have crowds bigger than 2014 crowds.... college football attendance will start trending down... we need more amenities, WiFi, Cell Service, Chairbacks, new press box... put a hotel/recruiting center in South end zone with a few restaurant options...
    I'm fine with all of that, but the stadium needs to bowled in by seats, even if it's just 5 rows.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a vertical stand of sky boxes that emulate this opera house while at the lower levels have a some rows of seating that bowl in the stadium like La Bombanera in Argentina

You go GA admission on the lower open tier that leads right up to the field level with TV's food vendors etc...All standing room only with small bar tables etc...Look at the end zone at Jerry's World. On top of this you do all suites/boxes etc...You open up GA pre-game so fans can stand around eat watch other games...This has to happen!

vCash
    I'm fine with all of that, but the stadium needs to bowled in by seats, even if it's just 5 rows.
    You can still Bowl it in and put 10-20 rows of student seating in the south end zone... I would put band in the south end zone so more than 1/3 of the stadium can actually see/hear them during game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Ole Miss's is bowled in now, but it's I-beam and steel flooring instead of concrete. Much cheaper that way but looks awful.
    I don't know. WE know it was made cheaper but inside the stadium during a game you can't tell. Both of Auburn's endzones are steel I-beam construction and the entire Penn State stadium is the same yet they are considered top stadiums.

Of course, since The Junction is right next to the stadium (unlike the grove), I wouldn't want a steel I-beam Davis Wade south endzone because that is what you would see from the Junction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    I don't know. WE know it was made cheaper but inside the stadium during a game you can't tell. Both of Auburn's endzones are steel I-beam construction and the entire Penn State stadium is the same yet they are considered top stadiums.

Of course, since The Junction is right next to the stadium (unlike the grove), I wouldn't want a steel I-beam Davis Wade south endzone because that is what you would see from the Junction.
    You could solve that with a facade pretty easily though.

vCash
    I know we do this every so often, but I always enjoy the ideas created on here.

Post a picture of what you'd want the south endzone to be inspired by.

Personally, I'm fine with a hotel in the South endzone, but the hotel side that is facing the inside of the stadium needs to be a stadium, bowl the stadium in, & add to the STADIUM. Not just be a building in the end zone.
    Score in it

vCash
    IDK, it's hard for me to put my finger on what we should change, but it seems like something should be done*

vCash
    As other have said bowl it in and do chairbacks in the lower bowl everywhere but the student section. Get rid Of bleachers on the lower half. This would make it look nicer and add quality to the seat. At boxes to the south end and suits with maybe a conference center and rooms on the other side wi th balconies that can be rented for game day.

I also really like the renderings for what Texas is doing in their expansion with tiers in the corners where we could have party deck suites kind of like LFL. Just a though. It's like mezzanine terraces.

vCash
    I think something along the lines of what USM did in their south end zone would look good... with a large score board above it

vCash
    Agree. Several stadiums have had one low endzone--UGA, Texas, and Florida State. Now UGA and Texas have since expanded to make that endzone bigger, but for a long time they had one.

Florida State still does. The entire exterior is brick building now (and looks awesome), but they still have a low endzone with about 15 rows.

We could do that for our South endzone for just 10 rows and have a hotel above and behind it. The Junction side of the hotel would of course start at ground level. I'd like balconies after seeing how the Left Field Lofts look and being in one. We could even have condos or hotel suites that have views to both the field and The Junction. The hotel would sell out every game weekend throughout the school year.

Florida State had endzone bleachers and essentially just extended the low bleachers across to make a bowl then built a brick building on the exterior.
    doak-campbell-stadium-spotlight-construction.jpg

doak-campbell-stadium-florida-state-spotlightjpg.jpg

hi-res-ed48657c10da1328c87325ebf9cca0ee_crop_north.jpg
    Last edited by MedDawg; 02-16-2020 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    Have it mimic the one in Seattle and have a hotel on each side.

vCash
    I absolutely agree with this...you can add more seats as needed.

vCash
    Don't know anything about this site, just found it googling for expansion stuff. I don't hate it

https://3rdand57.wordpress.com/tag/davis-wade-stadium/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    Don't know anything about this site, just found it googling for expansion stuff. I don't hate it

https://3rdand57.wordpress.com/tag/davis-wade-stadium/

Too many seats and not enough premium.

vCash
    That's a rendering of the north side before the design was chosen.

For the south endzone I would just put a granite statue of a gigantic neotropical parrot with a patch and mechanical mouth that screamed out "**** YOU ASSHOLE" three times, every time we get screwed by an official. Have it amped up to around 100,000 total stadium watts and maybe hand out some ear plugs to folks before the game. You could have the crowd to ring in unison with it.

vCash
    State could easily chairback the entire stadium, add a full section (at a 45 degree angle) on the south end to the lower East and west sides. That way we do not lose capacity and give the stadium a much more enclosed feel.

The Seal bldg doesn't look like a trailer. That's ridiculous.

However I still say the entire west side needs to be rebuilt.

vCash
    It's actually perfect if you chairback the whole lower bowl minus the student section.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    First thing I?d do to upgrade the stadium is make every seat chair back with a cup holder. Bleachers absolutely suck.
    I'm somewhat in agreement. We really need to think about replacing some sections of the lower level of West side. The bleachers are not in great condition in some areas, and the stairs are freaking difficult to get up and down. Pretty sure my Grandfather helped build that lower level in the '40's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I'm somewhat in agreement. We really need to think about replacing some sections of the lower level of West side. The bleachers are not in great condition in some areas, and the stairs are freaking difficult to get up and down. Pretty sure my Grandfather helped build that lower level in the '40's.
    I'm not sure what you could do about the stairs without a total rebuild. Do they have handrails? If not, they certainly should have and probably are required to.