Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do With the South Endzone?

vCash
    delete. double post.
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 02-11-2020 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    I like the front of the hotel that was in the renderings

but the stadium side left a lot to be desired.

I would keep the hotel the way it is but would drastically change the seating.
    DavisWade4.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I agree that the East side must be done, but, you know, maybe Ole Miss isn't wrong about everything. Looks are important & are far more meaningful to our program than how nice the underside of the East stands are.

Tiger stadium is a dump under the stands, but all million of people on TV & recruits see is the awesome inside. That has to come first.

On a given Saturday, 20K may come into contact with the East underside while 5 million see our trailer home in the South Endzone. The project that should be the priority is obvious.

Again, hopefully we can just lump them both into the same project & perhaps save a little money that way
    Their stadium is a DUMP. I was surprised at how bad it is under the stands even in the newest areas. The older areas are just pathetic. They are 1970s Scott Field bad. In case you aren't old enough to remember, that was BAD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Their stadium is a DUMP. I was surprised at how bad it is under the stands even in the newest areas. The older areas are just pathetic. They are 1970s Scott Field bad. In case you aren't old enough to remember, that was BAD.
    I'm not disagreeing, but many SEC schools have dumps underneath the stands.

I'm am just saying that for the greater good of MSU, it's more important to get the trailer home out of our South end zone than it is to make the East side nicer
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I like the front of the hotel that was in the renderings

but the stadium side left a lot to be desired.

I would keep the hotel the way it is but would drastically change the seating.
    DavisWade4.jpg
    I like the general look of this, but this serves none of our needs.

We need a STADIUM in the the south endzone. Something with seats that bowls in the stadium

vCash
    Before the latest expansion plans were finalized, Populous provided a 20-year expansion plan below with the South endzone filled in. Also, in searching for this pic the other day, I saw an aerial rendering of the current 3-sided DWS with a Hard Rock Stadium-type roof (in Miami where they just had the Super Bowl) over each side. It looked awesome but I can't find it today.
    FDCCFE31-392E-472F-B289-8E5B2F4A7D1F.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Before the latest expansion plans were finalized, Populous provided a 20-year expansion plan below with the South endzone filled in. Also, in searching for this pic the other day, I saw an aerial rendering of the current 3-sided DWS with a Hard Rock Stadium-type roof (in Miami where they just had the Super Bowl) over each side. It looked awesome but I can't find it today.
    FDCCFE31-392E-472F-B289-8E5B2F4A7D1F.jpg
    Try to find it. That would be awesome. I know people laugh about my roof idea, but I believe it's absolutely the right way to go. Could even install some of those large helicopter fans on the underside to create some air flow in the stadium.

As for this rendering you have posted, we'd have to chairback a good portion of the stadium to make this not be too many seats, which I'd be fine doing.

The main thing is I just want us to get our stadium right.

vCash
    Campus Book Mart and Methodist Union charge $10 to park. Started parking at CBM about 4 years ago. Not a bad walk down old Lee Blvd the stadium.

Banned
    vCash
    Bowl in the 17ing South End Zone NOW!!! We need to prepare for The Pirate's Natty Run!!! 70,000 cowbells ringing in a bowled in stadium. Only a ***** would disagree with that.

ETA: Can't say Pu$$Y?

vCash

We need a STADIUM in the the south endzone. Something with seats that bowls in the stadium
    I think a hotel would serve a LOT of needs. I'm not sure that our crowds would be big enough to support anything other than premium seating. A lot of people tailgate and would want a hotel room nearby to park and also serve as a base of operations. Convenient bathroom for people that choose that route. That hotel will be booked up on gameday very quickly- and likely at a premium price. It could be used for recruiting- it's a convenient place for recruits and their families to stay. They could get backpacks on visits.** I would definitely try to stay there on baseball weekends as long as it is in my price range. That's going to help our fans during baseball regionals. A hotel would be a big time money maker for the school unless it is really poorly run and I don't foresee that happening.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    In all seriousness, I'm still lost on the whole hotel thing. Official renderings were put out, but there's never been any talk about it. Was that just leaked? Is that an official idea or not? I've never seen something like that come out and essentially get ignored (as far as I can remember anyway).
    It got shelved because it was terrible.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Exactly. This isn't rocket science.
    1st, we need a high wall at the field level up to a concourse. The high wall is where we add some bad ass Dawg Pound signage or something. But it also shields the locker room.

2nd - I like the idea of the tunnel straight through to the field from the junction, but the scale of it is terrible in that rendering.

3rd from the concourse level up, have about 25 rows of general seating. You could possibly do this lower than the concourse like LP Field in Nashville. The concourse could also be connected to the Junction side as well. Could be a huge party deck before and after the game.

4th- MClub skyboxes with other premium seating above those levels. It could be M Club at one level and then Club Level party gridiron club, and then above that luxury boxes that are connected to condos that have views out each direction. This would require additional vertical circulation foe fire stairs and elevators, but who cares if you have to spend an extra 400k for elevators in order to make it awesome.

The thing about it is, it cannot have a bunch of punched openings making to look like a Ramada Inn from 1993. Like that rendering. Everything about that rendering is terrible from proportions to the cheap integration of the stupid cabana things down low.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    We need less seats and a more premium experience. Put a hotel / luxury box structure there and seat back the entire stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    We need less seats and a more premium experience. Put a hotel / luxury box structure there and seat back the entire stadium.
    We don’t need less seats than we have now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think a hotel would serve a LOT of needs. I'm not sure that our crowds would be big enough to support anything other than premium seating. A lot of people tailgate and would want a hotel room nearby to park and also serve as a base of operations. Convenient bathroom for people that choose that route. That hotel will be booked up on gameday very quickly- and likely at a premium price. It could be used for recruiting- it's a convenient place for recruits and their families to stay. They could get backpacks on visits.** I would definitely try to stay there on baseball weekends as long as it is in my price range. That's going to help our fans during baseball regionals. A hotel would be a big time money maker for the school unless it is really poorly run and I don't foresee that happening.
    Where will they park their cars?

vCash
    Berms*

vCash
    Colorado State has a beer garden in one of their endzones. Instead of having a gridiron club in the south end zone you could have a beer garden with premium club seating above it allowing access to the garden and free movement between both spaces. So you buy a club seat in the south end zone and with that ticket you get access to the beer garden.

vCash
    Built a giant piss wall like used to be in the men's room. Because when we do actually start selling beer in 2075, we'll need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Athens is a dump under the stands too. Actually, the way it is built in a valley there is zero room under their sideline stands, and everyone is packed like sardines trying to go the bathroom or concession stands. It's a mess and smells like piss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Built a giant piss wall like used to be in the men's room. Because when we do actually start selling beer in 2075, we'll need it.
    I can't imagine the men's bathroom if we sell alcohol. It's already a **** show