Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bo Bounds Say....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Percho is the only person who somewhat agreed with what Shotgun in his dreadful thread talking about McKinnley's recruitment and how MS people need to light the torches and bust out the pitchforks.
    Just out of curiosity:

Did disagree with what I said happened in McKinley's recruitment or did you disagree that we should do something about it?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Obviously he was bought so no I don't disagree. Nor do I care since he never showed interest.

And obviously, if you or I knew how to fix blatant cheating or blueblood bias then we would fix it. IF WE KNEW HOW.

----

The part I (and everyone else) disagree with is that you get all accusatory about this type of stuff and blame MSU fans and even Mississippians in general for being too stupid or not passionate enough to care. And then act like you have laid out some elaborate plan to an easy fix or solution but can't get anyone to hop on board. Like it has taken you this long in life to realize that money talks and cash is king.

The only reason I even brougt it up was because of the other posters "?" post.

I'll drop it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Obviously he was bought so no I don't disagree. Nor do I care since he never showed interest.

And obviously, if you or I knew how to fix blatant cheating or blueblood bias then we would fix it. IF WE KNEW HOW.

----

The part I (and everyone else) disagree with is that you get all accusatory about this type of stuff and blame MSU fans and even Mississippians in general for being too stupid or not passionate enough to care. And then act like you have laid out some elaborate plan to an easy fix or solution but can't get anyone to hop on board. Like it has taken you this long in life to realize that money talks and cash is king.

The only reason I even brougt it up was because of the other posters "?" post.

I'll drop it.
    Cheating at recruiting/roster building is as old as college football itself. Hell, the very first game we played against Ole Miss in 1901 was delayed for 40 minutes while we argued about the eligibility of one of our players.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Cheating at recruiting/roster building is as old as college football itself. Hell, the very first game we played against Ole Miss in 1901 was delayed for 40 minutes while we argued about the eligibility of one of our players.
    We've been on probation twice in the last decade, and crying about others cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We've been on probation twice in the last decade, and crying about others cheating.

Just stating for the record that I am not crying about others cheating if there is any confusion here. Not that I think you are accusing me of that 7. Just wanting to throw that out there.

It is what it is and it happens every day. It's part of life. We will always have an uphill battle in recruiting until we win consistently. Even then we will still have to play the recruiting game just like it's played now.

There is no other team I would rather pull for than MSU whether we get in the mud or not. (Even though we do)

vCash
    Nothing's been right since Bryan's Juicy Jumbos went away.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    There is a pretty big difference in the way we cheat and the way Ole Miss cheats. If you can't tell the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    There is a pretty big difference in the way we cheat and the way Ole Miss cheats. If you can't tell the difference then I don't know what to tell you.
    Thought we were discussing aTm, but still, we have a paid player (pretty crappy pay though) and academic fraud.

Banned
    vCash
    Thought we were discussing aTm, but still, we have a paid player (pretty crappy pay though) and academic fraud.
    There is a gentleman's agreement amongst college football recruiting that most adhere to. Ole Miss ignored it and were turned in by the blue bloods. The only way we're getting into trouble is if ole miss hires a private eye or we do stupid shit like tutor gate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    There is a gentleman's agreement amongst college football recruiting that most adhere to. Ole Miss ignored it and were turned in by the blue bloods. The only way we're getting into trouble is if ole miss hires a private eye or we do stupid shit like tutor gate.
    Well if cheating is equal, why choose the OMs and states of the world over blue bloods? If you wanna get OOS big time players over big boys, you have to sweeten the deal

vCash
    Well if cheating is equal, why choose the OMs and states of the world over blue bloods? If you wanna get OOS big time players over big boys, you have to sweeten the deal
    This is where I think a 1 time transfer without sitting out would help CFB.

Would allow kids to take the money from blue bloods and then transfer to a better playing time situation after FR year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is where I think a 1 time transfer without sitting out would help CFB.

Would allow kids to take the money from blue bloods and then transfer to a better playing time situation after FR year
    That could happen now. A five star recruit that grew up a big MSU fan can go play for Alabama or whoever for four years and then come back to MSU as a grad transfer if they wanted.

vCash
    You have no idea how much I miss Bryan breakfast sausage. While they were basically Juicy Jumbos, they were actually Bully Dogs made especially for MSU. I used to buy them by the case for big cookouts and functions when my son was in school. I kinda miss them too but it would take me years to eat a case of them now.

vCash
    Man, those were the days. Coincidence? I think not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    For some reason, that just struck me as funny.

Banned
    vCash
    You don't go out of state if you are ole miss and out bid the blue bloods.

vCash

We still have a known paid player?

Speaking of which - I wonder if Simmons sent OM or the booster a $10K check now that he's a multi-multi-millionaire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We still have a known paid player?

Speaking of which - I wonder if Simmons sent OM or the booster a $10K check now that he's a multi-multi-millionaire?

Think of what could come out by being granted Immunity by the NCAA.

Are you implying we don't?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That could happen now. A five star recruit that grew up a big MSU fan can go play for Alabama or whoever for four years and then come back to MSU as a grad transfer if they wanted.
    But it would make a significantly bigger difference if he came after his FR or SO year instead of as a 5th year SR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    You don't go out of state if you are ole miss and out bid the blue bloods.
    But it's fine for them to come to Mississippi and do it