Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bo Bounds Say....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Think of what could come out by being granted Immunity by the NCAA.

Are you implying we don't?
    I'm pretty sure we play players to some degree.

However, I'm also pretty sure that our style of playing players is pay a kid that wants to come to MSU an amount that will make his decision not about money.

To me that is different than what Ole Miss has done in the past & what A&M is currently doing. Both are driving down the freeway at 120 double fisting fingers out the window.

If LSU offers a guys 20K to sign with them & we match that because the kid has legit interest in attending MSU, then I don't see that as a problem in college football.

However, when Bama or A&M come in with $200K & simply buy the player, that's an issue
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    12/20/2020
    12/20/2020 might be the end of their official 3-year probation, but the "repeat offender" status typically lasts for 5 years, and that would be 12/20/2022. And for OM, it might last longer--in OM's latest sanctions, the NCAA used their 1994 probation as evidence OM fosters a culture of cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    But it's fine for them to come to Mississippi and do it
    Just because we are from MS and competing for MS kids doesn't equate us to being a blueblood waving more money.

And how do you know if we were even "bidding" for him?

I'm pretty sure we play players to some degree.

However, I'm also pretty sure that our style of playing players is pay a kid that wants to come to MSU an amount that will make his decision not about money.

To me that is different than what Ole Miss has done in the past & what A&M is currently doing. Both are driving down the freeway at 120 double fisting fingers out the window.

If LSU offers a guys 20K to sign with them & we match that because the kid has legit interest in attending MSU, then I don't see that as a problem in college football.

However, when Bama or A&M come in with $200K & simply buy the player, that's an issue

Instead of the bolded statement, explain what they are doing that we don't do? Other than doing it at a higher level.

So what are they guilty of? Having more money to swing around? Uhhhh is this not America?? Since when does that not come with its advantages??? It's certainly never a disadvantage.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 02-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.

vCash
    Just because we are from MS and competing for MS kids doesn't equate us to being a blueblood waving more money.

Instead of the bolded statement, explain what they are doing that we don't do? Other than doing it at a higher level.

So what are they guilty of? Having more money to swing around? Uhhhh is this not America?? Since when does that not come with its advantages??? It's certainly never a disadvantage.
    You can't be serious with this answer.

vCash

You could write a novel on this subject. I would suggest you go back a couple years and read the literally hundreds of threads on this subject to catch up.

vCash
    But it would make a significantly bigger difference if he came after his FR or SO year instead of as a 5th year SR
    I agree. But at least we're getting one year now as opposed to Alabama and then Jackson State because of the old transfer rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    You could write a novel on this subject. I would suggest you go back a couple years and read the literally hundreds of threads on this subject to catch up.
    I'm not talking about OM here. They aren't even in the same league as your A&M's and Bama's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Cheating at recruiting/roster building is as old as college football itself. Hell, the very first game we played against Ole Miss in 1901 was delayed for 40 minutes while we argued about the eligibility of one of our players.
    Now we are all getting on the same page. Cheating is here to stay. That does not make it right. It also does not make it good for a good game. About the best you could do is make it where you limit the number of the best players all could cheat to get, then more would have better players on more teams and make a lot of the games better to watch and also give more teams a chance to win. The ones spending the most money for the better players would still buy most of the better players.

I do not somewhat agree with King Solomon but totally agree, " There is nothing new, under the sun."
    Last edited by Percho; 02-13-2020 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Now we are all getting on the same page. Cheating is here to stay. That does not make it right. It also does not make it good for a good game. About the best you could do is make it where you limit the number of the best players all could cheat to get, then more would have better players on more teams and make a lot of the games better to watch and also give more teams a chance to win. The ones spending the most money for the better players would still buy most of the better players.

I do not somewhat agree with King Solomon but totally agree, " There is nothing new, under the sun."
    Lower scholarships 70-75, cap it at 20 per year, & allow players to transfer once penalty free & college football will even out greatly regardless of the cheating.

What we've found out with the transfer portal is that starters at Power 5 schools don't generally transfer. So I'm not as worried as I used to be about someone like Dak Prescott transferring to Bama.

It's far more likely that someone upset at Bama will transfer to MSU
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-13-2020 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    McKinley never gave any thought to staying in state per his HS coaches. He wanted out of Miss
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lower scholarships 70-75, cap it at 20 per year, & allow players to transfer once penalty free & college football will even out greatly regardless of the cheating.

What we've found out with the transfer portal is that starters at Power 5 schools don't generally transfer. So I'm not as worried as I used to be about someone like Dak Prescott transferring to Bama.

It's far more likely that someone upset at Bama will transfer to MSU
    THis is EXACTLY what needs to happen.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thought we were discussing aTm, but still, we have a paid player (pretty crappy pay though) and academic fraud.
    There is a pretty big difference in the way we were recruiting and the way they were recruiting. Their academic fraud was also orchestrated by staff members and ours was not. It was a bunch of kids that were lazy and got caught. Most people would probably sweep what we did under the rug. Ole Miss had a coach orchestrating academic fraud. We got in trouble for 1 player in 2013. We fired the coach and went overboard suspending a player for a year and a half over nothing. Ole Miss had 15 level 1 violations that were brought on because of the real violations that the NCAA could not catch them doing because quite frankly you have to be stupid to get caught red handed by them. They were Al Capone getting nailed for tax evasion. No, what was in the NOA was not all that was going on but everyone knew so they punished them anyway. We do not and have never cheated to their level. Every so often they start having recruiting classes that no one in their right minds believe they can attain without going over the top bidding on players. When repeat offender status goes away they will be 100 % all in again and they are basically telling anyone that will listen.
    Last edited by Jarius; 02-14-2020 at 11:19 AM.