Thread: UConn at South Caroling (Women)

vCash

UConn at South Caroling (Women)

Anybody watching? I'm pulling for the Lady Huskies tonight.

vCash

Watching in silence

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Anybody watching? I'm pulling for the Lady Huskies tonight.
    Watching the game, but had to hit the mute button because Beth Mowins is behind the mic. Listening to her is like long fingernails grating a chalkboard.

Actually, we should be pulling for USCe. We are ranked 6th now, UConn at 5th. Another loss by UConn gives us an opportunity to move up a spot.

vCash
    It might be better for South Carolina to win because it would give us a better win if we beat South Carolina in the SEC Tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Watching the game, but had to hit the mute button because Beth Mowins is behind the mic. Listening to her is like long fingernails grating a chalkboard.

Actually, we should be pulling for USCe. We are ranked 6th now, UConn at 5th. Another loss by UConn gives us an opportunity to move up a spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    It might be better for South Carolina to win because it would give us a better win if we beat South Carolina in the SEC Tournament.
    Maybe, but I can't pull for Staley. Haven't liked her since she ran around the Starkville hotel yelling, disturbing other guests after the Super Bowl last year.

vCash
    I don't have a problem with Geno. I actually like him, but it does not help up for UConn to win.

vCash
    Ever since we beat them it seems as the fear factor with UConn has worn off. They now lose a couple games a year. They are still good, but don't seem to dominate like they did in the past.

vCash
    One thing I have always given to Staley is that when Chloe went down, Dawn was out there like a flash. It happened right in front of our seats (and the SC bench) and we saw it happen. It was just a weird twist, no contact. But it was obviously not good. Staley was out there comforting her too quickly for it to have been calculated. She saw it and responded like a human being. It was one of her better moments.

Anyway, I agree that a SC win tonight is better for us in the long run.

vCash
    Uconn getting there ass handed to them if it wasn't for crystal dangerfield they would be very mediocre. They don't scare me at all. Remember we had a 9 point lead on SC in the 4th.

vCash
    UConn should fall about 10 spots after tonight. Either they're not very good, or South Carolina is really good.

vCash
    We take care of Kentucky Sunday and we're in position for a #1 seed.

vCash
    We're at 9 in the RPI. We won't be a 1 without some help. I think we move to 7 at best.

vCash
    Will we ever schedule UConn in the regular season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're at 9 in the RPI. We won't be a 1 without some help. I think we move to 7 at best.
    You also didn't believe we would move up 2 spots to # 6.....have faith my fellow bulldog!

vCash
    Buy/Sell

MSU will win a national championship in women's basketball before UCONN does again.

vCash
    According to Charlie Creme we're not even a 2 seed right now. Which is a joke. But really though, after last year, what does it freaking matter if we're a 1 seed ?? We'll be sent 2 k miles away to play in the #2 or #3's back yard, basically.
    Last edited by klong-dog; 02-10-2020 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    You also didn't believe we would move up 2 spots to # 6.....have faith my fellow bulldog!
    Nah, I just missed that UL lost to FSU. Our schedule still hurts us. We'll need several teams to lose to get a 1 seed. We basically need to win out without help. We're currently a 3 seed, pushing for a 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Will we ever schedule UConn in the regular season?
    I do know that Vic is looking to schedule some tougher non-conference opponents. UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Oregon, Louisville, etc. We have progressed so far as a program, that South Carolina is going to be our only top-5 test each season. And that's not going to toughen us up enough. I think Vic wants at least 3 games against top-10 teams on the regular season.

vCash
    I don't see us playing UConn because they already play South Carolina and Tennessee. Adding Louisville or Baylor would be a good idea.