Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott for Brady?

vCash

Dak Prescott for Brady?

Some talk going around apparently that Prescott could be traded for Brady. I'm sure this is some ploy to give the Cowboys some negotiating leverage but if this is serious then I no longer have any respect for Jerry. Prescott has been one of the best QBs in the league the last several years and all this basically says is it was Prescott's fault the Cowboys didnt win more.

vCash
    Brady ain't going nowhere..... he got 1 year left to play..... 2 at most. He's going to retire a patriot.

vCash
    That would be a win for Dak. Just bc the Cowboys have a new coach doesn't mean they're all of the sudden going to be run competently. With JJ at the helm, they're always going to fail bc he's an idiot.

vCash
    Looking in from the outside, seems $33 million per four years is about right for Dak. Hope he gets all this settled but something ain't right about his negotiation, but it is Professional Sports. What is a fair market, I surely have no clue.

vCash
    I don't see it. Looks like Dallas trying to leverage when they've got the low ground. The issue isn't the money. It's the contract terms. Dak doesn't want to be locked into a salary for 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I don't see it. Looks like Dallas trying to leverage when they've got the low ground. The issue isn't the money. It's the contract terms. Dak doesn't want to be locked into a salary for 8 years.
    Hmmm, I wonder how much guaranteed money is involved.

vCash
    hope not ... because there's no way in Hell I'm ever pulling for the Patriots
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Completely idiotic idea which means Jerry Jones might be all for it. I think Brady would retire before playing for another team. I'd be all for Dak playing somewhere else cause most online Dallas.fans are some of the worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This is fact. Living here in Dallas and following this closely, this is about terms and not money from what I'm hearing. Stephen Has said things that make it sound like Dak thinks he's worth more money and it's pretty sad since that's not the holdup. Purely leverage.

vCash
    I would love nothing more than for Dak to leave Dallas though. These fans here do not appreciate him and never will.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That would be a win for Dak. Just bc the Cowboys have a new coach doesn't mean they're all of the sudden going to be run competently. With JJ at the helm, they're always going to fail bc he's an idiot.
    This. The Cowboys will never succeed as long as JJ operates as the GM. The man makes George Steinbrenner look like a saint. He even admitted he sucked at his own damn job. He is the most selfish asshole Iin history of sports. Cowboy fan loyalty is why they are the wealthiest program in the league. Jerry rewards them by shitting on them while flipping them off.

vCash
    Dak will be the QB for the Cowboys for the next 5 years and he will be paid somewhere between 35 and 40 million. BUT....if they were to be dumb enough to let him go and test the market, this is best case scenario....Tampa Bay...the Bucs let go of the guy who throws as many pics as he does td's instead of giving him contract 2. Bruce Arians, who liked Dak out of State and brought him in when he was with Arizona for a look, gets a proven, smart, talented, leader for his offense and they take off together. I wanted Arians for Dak when he was drafted.

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    How are the Patriots going to trade a player who is a free agent? Dak can be franchised but Brady cannot.

vCash
    Belichick and McDaniels are salivating at the thought of trading an aging statue for a young mobile QB. A trade like that would continue their dynasty for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Croom Diaries View Post
    How are the Patriots going to trade a player who is a free agent? Dak can be franchised but Brady cannot.
    It would be a sign and trade.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    There's no tangible evidence that this is even a thing. It all started because Michael Irvin said something about Brady coming to Dallas during the Super Bowl. He's even come out & said that he didn't hear that from anybody with the Cowboys organization.

vCash
    LOL!

Watch Jerry Jones outsmart himself. He'll wind up trading Dak to the Pats and the Pats will go to the Super Bowl next season.

But, I don't see this happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    There's no tangible evidence that this is even a thing. It all started because Michael Irvin said something about Brady coming to Dallas during the Super Bowl. He's even come out & said that he didn't hear that from anybody with the Cowboys organization.
    It's a dumb idea anyway. Why would a team give up much of anything to have a guy on a 1-year franchise tag you may not even be able to resign?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    hope not ... because there's no way in Hell I'm ever pulling for the Patriots
    If someone else didn't say this... I was.

vCash
    As someone else stated, Brady is a free agent. He's no longer controlled by the Pats, so they can't trade him. However, Brady could sign with Dallas, the Cowboys could still franchise tag Dak, and then trade Dak anywhere.