Thread: Potential batting order..

vCash

Potential batting order..

1. Rowdey
    2. Westburg
    3. TA
    4. Foscue
    5. Pimentel: Leading hitter in the scrimmages, hit a rocket today.
    6. Hatcher
    7. Hancock
    8. L. Jordan
    9. K. James

That is stout 1-9.

vCash
    Pretty much a Load.

vCash
    If Pimentel can hit SEC pitching in a similar fashion as the big 4, damn.

vCash
    Pimentel may be an everyday guy in the lineup but I think you’ll see flexibility with him position wise. I expect us to try a few different things at DH, LF, 3B, and catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    If Pimentel can hit SEC pitching in a similar fashion as the big 4, damn.
    Well, he is definitely hitting our pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Pimentel may be an everyday guy in the lineup but I think you’ll see flexibility with him position wise. I expect us to try a few different things at DH, LF, 3B, and catcher.
    Pimentel will play LF and DH as long as he's hitting.

Anytime Landon Jordan gets the start at 3B, that opens up some things in LF and DH. Maybe get someone like Mason Land some AB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Pimentel will play LF and DH as long as he's hitting.

Anytime Landon Jordan gets the start at 3B, that opens up some things in LF and DH. Maybe get someone like Mason Land some AB's.
    To me, it's more like if Pimentel can play in the field it opens up things for us offensively. Kamren James is really the key. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point about him. I'm leaning towards him being OK this year. Land had arm surgery before he came to MSU so I'm not sure how much we will play him this year.

vCash
    1. Rowdey CF
    2. Allen RF
    3. Westburg SS
    4. Foscue 2B
    5. Hatcher 1B
    6. Pimentel LF
    7. Hancock C
    8. James 3B
    9. Jordan DH

Senior Member The Croom Diaries's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    1. Rowdey CF
    2. Allen RF
    3. Westburg SS
    4. Foscue 2B
    5. Hatcher 1B
    6. Pimentel LF
    7. Hancock C
    8. James 3B
    9. Jordan DH
    I'd be surprised to see 3 lefties in a row in the lineup with Hatcher, Pimentel and Hancock. If we go Rowdey, Allen, Westburg, Pimentel, Foscue, Hatcher, James/Cumbest, Hancock, Jordan/Tanner then with would be L/R all the way down after Rowdey. Not that it matters that much, but still would be surprised if we went 3 lefties in a row despite having so many lefties.

vCash
    Batting Foscue 5th would be a terrible choice. I don't even like him hitting 4th. He's our best hitter and needs to get as many PAs as we can get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Batting Foscue 5th would be a terrible choice. I don't even like him hitting 4th. He's our best hitter and needs to get as many PAs as we can get him.
    This is very debatable, but I think TA is our best “pure” hitter. Doesn’t elevate the ball like Foscue for the hr’s but he hits to all fields very well. Once he quit swinging at chin high fastballs last year he was money.

I see Foscue as a traditional 4 hole guy but baseball is a little different these days and traditional doesn’t really apply. I have to check myself because I am an old guy now.

vCash
    1-CF - Switch
    2-SS - Right
    3-RF - Left
    4-2B - Right
    5-1B/LF - Left
    6-1B/LF - Left
    7-C- Left
    8-DH - Left
    9-3B - Right

Seems that L. Jordan better be a great #8 hitter for 2020, because that potentially puts a very big boy in Left Field. How well does Pimentel (6-3, 220) move? Watching the Stanford LF in the super regional was gross, especially with our asymmetrical Left-Field.

Seems we could invest in Cumbest and Kyte McDonald development (both right-handed OF's) than sacrifice good defense in Left and also get another right-handed bat.

Or, is Pimentel the 1B with Hatcher in LF?

vCash
    1. Rowdey
    2. Westburg
    3. TA
    4. Foscue
    5. Pimentel: Leading hitter in the scrimmages, hit a rocket today.
    6. Hatcher
    7. Hancock
    8. L. Jordan
    9. K. James

That is stout 1-9.
    Good lineup. Probably the 2nd best lineup in the country behind Arkansas, but MSU has better pitching than Arkansas.

I still don't love Rowdey in the lead spot, but hopefully he'll surprise me
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    This is very debatable, but I think TA is our best “pure” hitter. Doesn’t elevate the ball like Foscue for the hr’s but he hits to all fields very well. Once he quit swinging at chin high fastballs last year he was money.

I see Foscue as a traditional 4 hole guy but baseball is a little different these days and traditional doesn’t really apply. I have to check myself because I am an old guy now.
    However you want to view it subjectively, the bottom line is that Foscue was definitely our most productive hitter. Allen was great, too, and I don't want to drop him very far down, either. Honestly, I might try out something like:

1. Allen
    2. Foscue
    3. Westburg
    4. Pimentel
    5. Rowdey

Or switch Westburg and Pimentel if Pimentel is producing.
    Last edited by smootness; 02-10-2020 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Lemo confirmed my 1-4 this morning on the bo bounds show.

Going to platoon C, 3B, LF, and DH. Big 4 + Hatch are everyday guys.

vCash
    Lemo confirmed my 1-4 this morning on the bo bounds show.

Going to platoon C, 3B, LF, and DH. Big 4 + Hatch are everyday guys.
    I think you can include Pimentel as an everyday guy, it just depends on whether he's at LF or DH. He'll probably go back and forth just depending on the other spots you mention.