Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M. Taylor has been a warrior the 2nd half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We gone win a natty
    I think Women's basketball will win one before baseball for sure. Vic to me is already the greatest coach in MSU history in any sport simply because he has taken his program further more times than any other coach in any other sport.

I think Women's basketball also fits "MSU" better in some ways than baseball because you don't have players leaving after their junior year as much so you can actually build a team and not have to worry about the WNBA taking all of the better recruits straight out of high school or just as they develop into great players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    Harris

I keep waiting for her to be hired away. She has won national assistant coach of the year. Developed our posts players and has a great track record recruiting. And also coached at AM with Blair/Vic. She has been a part of some very successful teams.
    I don't know what we are paying her but we might need to up it.

vCash
    I think this freshman class gets one before they graduate. Jackson is a Vivians type talent and she has a more talented supporting cast around her than Vivians had.

And I’ll say this... don’t count us out completely this year. Our performance in Columbia was extremely encouraging. If we can somehow find a way to get to the Final Four, it’s in New Orleans, where we would have huge fan support.

I don’t think there’s one far and away unbeatable team this year in the women’s game. Oregon and South Carolina are probably the two best, and I don’t want to see either one of them in their home states. But on a neutral court we can hang with anybody this year. And it’s only going to get better the next few years.

vCash
    Myah Taylor...was huge

Also, this team is really coming together. They don't fold.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-09-2020 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I would be floored if Blair got a major head coaching job in her 20?s. She was a TV reporter a year ago and doesn?t have a huge role for us currently. She needs a whole lot more experience first.

A&M will absolutely try to get Vic when the time comes, but I think he stays.
    Blair comment was not a serious comment; she will not get a D1 on her first gig. Just said her kinda tongue and cheek as that is the only Shaeffer we'll let them have right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    Harris

I keep waiting for her to be hired away. She has won national assistant coach of the year. Developed our posts players and has a great track record recruiting. And also coached at AM with Blair/Vic. She has been a part of some very successful teams.
    I could be wrong but I sense that Harris doesn't really want a HC job; she could have had one by now. I think she just enjoys what she is doing in one of best programs in America.

Speaking of Harris. I don't think folks realize what a force Carter has become. She is playing way above T as a soph; actually close to T as a junior right now and Carter has some inside moves and touch that T never developed. This sounds crazy to say but Carter will be best big to play at MSU before she is done. She has great range too. Question is now, can Vic find the next Carter?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Blair may want to stay and be the next Vic right here at MSU. 5-10 years from now it could be hers to win it.
    Downvotes_Hype