Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again - Wednesday severe threat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Hey, what ever happened to Ref? Both y’all on the weather threads together was a beautiful thing.
    Ref does other life saving work for a living now and doesn't come around much.. especially with the new addition to the family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Ref does other life saving work for a living now and doesn't come around much.. especially with the new addition to the family.
    I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I always enjoy y’all’s input in these threads. It just hit me that he had been away a while.

vCash
    Thanks to everybody who has followed me on twitter. The last two storm events I have gained a butt ton of followers and 99% of them were MSU fans, and since this is the only site I've made my twitter site public knowledge it has to be coming from here. I never thought I'd see a 1,000 followers but now here I am knocking on the door of that. Hopefully, the information I put out here and in twitter is found useful and not a colossal waste of everyone's time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Thanks to everybody who has followed me on twitter. The last two storm events I have gained a butt ton of followers and 99% of them were MSU fans, and since this is the only site I've made my twitter site public knowledge it has to be coming from here. I never thought I'd see a 1,000 followers but now here I am knocking on the door of that. Hopefully, the information I put out here and in twitter is found useful and not a colossal waste of everyone's time.
    I sure appreciate what you're doing! I've come to count on your predictions and forecasts and what's happening out there! Thank you and all who keep up us updated on these storms!

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I concur with everyone else on here in their appreciation for this information. It's funny, my wife asked me late yesterday evening what the weather was going to do this week and I told her to hold on, I'd go check. Not even thinking, this is where I came. It didn't dawn on me until I was reading other posts about coming here for the information, but instead of the Weather Channel or someplace else, I go straight to Elite Dawg's for my weather updates. Who'da ever thought it??

vCash
    Must've missed it, what's your twitter handle StarkVegasDawg? I'd love to follow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Must've missed it, what's your twitter handle StarkVegasDawg? I'd love to follow
    @nmscasStan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I concur with everyone else on here in their appreciation for this information. It's funny, my wife asked me late yesterday evening what the weather was going to do this week and I told her to hold on, I'd go check. Not even thinking, this is where I came. It didn't dawn on me until I was reading other posts about coming here for the information, but instead of the Weather Channel or someplace else, I go straight to Elite Dawg's for my weather updates. Who'da ever thought it??
    agreed ... He needs his own sticky just for reports .... call it Elite Weather
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    He pretty much has his own forum for weather.. I might sticky that instead so he doesn't have to post in two different places.
    https://www.sippolitics.com/forumdis...13-Sip-Weather

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Agree with this. I come on here when weather is acting up to see what SVD has to say.

vCash
    Oktibbeha County Lake expected to meet or exceed levels it was at last month that prompted the concern. Expected to happen tonight or tomorrow.

vCash
    Oktibbeha County Lake expected to meet or exceed levels it was at last month that prompted the concern. Expected to happen tonight or tomorrow.
    How much rain have you had today (I assume you probably have a weather station)? I've had 1.67" so far since midnight. That's a tipping bucket so it may not be too accurate. Dumped out 2.25" late yesterday from my normal rain gauge. More coming tonight, and tomorrow ... and Wednesday ... and Thursday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How much rain have you had today (I assume you probably have a weather station)? I've had 1.67" so far since midnight. That's a tipping bucket so it may not be too accurate. Dumped out 2.25" late yesterday from my normal rain gauge. More coming tonight, and tomorrow ... and Wednesday ... and Thursday.
    I've had 2.37" last 24 hours. They may have had a little more out at the lake. I think another couple inches expected tonight and 2-3" Wednesday.

vCash
    @nmscasStan
    You just gained another twitter follower with me. I absolutely hate that I’ve moved north and can’t ride along on chases anymore. Keep the info coming bud, it’s much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    You just gained another twitter follower with me. I absolutely hate that I’ve moved north and can’t ride along on chases anymore. Keep the info coming bud, it’s much appreciated.
    Still remember the chase in AR when we had a tornado warned storm with baseball size hail chasing up and we hit a flooded road and had to turn around and head back into it.

vCash
    My son started following you tonight. He has over 50,000 followers. I’ll get him to give you a shout out. Be sure to follow him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    My son started following you tonight. He has over 50,000 followers. I’ll get him to give you a shout out. Be sure to follow him back.
    Just did.

vCash

Threat level for Wednesday lowered to slight. Main threat will be a squall line with 50-60mph straight line winds. A spin up tornado can't be ruled out. Instability continues to come in less and less with recent model runs and the juice just won't be there for a major severe event as it looks now. Heavy rainfall, however, continues to be a major concern.

vCash
    Started follerin’
    Thanks!
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    My biggest concern for Wednesday is trees falling throughout the day. Winds will be quite gusty throughout the day regardless of storms. Non-storm winds could hit close to 40mph. With trees already lose their anchors in the ground due to all the rain, prolonged strong winds plus strong to severe storms will only increases the likelihood of trees being blown over...mainly hardwoods due to their root systems.