Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XFL

vCash

XFL

Do we have many guys in the XFL? I know Fitz, but who else? What team are you guys pulling for, if any, and why?

vCash
    I see guys like John Ross and Eli Rogers....did they have to quit the NFL to play XFL?

vCash
    Fred Ross and Dillon Day are on Seattle.

Nick James, Johnathan Calvin, and Beniquez Brown are some others but idk what team they're on
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 02-08-2020 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    I think Seattle plays today at 2 on ABC.

Banned
    vCash
    Lol. Dillon Day just dropped the first f bomb of the XFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    Great Moment!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    Beat me to it haha

vCash
    Not gonna lie. Enjoying this game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Fred Ross and Dillon Day are on Seattle.

Nick James, Johnathan Calvin, and Beniquez Brown are some others but idk what team they're on
    Don?t see Fred Ross on the roster. And he just tweeted something like you haven?t seen the last of me.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgNamedScuba View Post
    Not gonna lie. Enjoying this game.
    I actually like the kickoff. Seems like a very good idea

vCash
    Fred Ross got cut.

vCash
    Pretty cool what I’ve seen so far. Haven’t caught much of it though.

vCash
    Pretty big crowd for the Xperimental Football League.

According to Wikipedia, they're playing in Audi Field in the Washington area. It's a soccer stadium that seats 20,000.

Shotgun might take a look at their overhangs for shade (presumably) that he's keen on for Davis Wade.

vCash
    The head official looks familiar. Is he NFL or maybe out of one of the college conferences?

vCash
    Its been pretty damn good football in this houston game

vCash
    I've enjoyed watching it. It's so so squirrely as the last time. Cool logos John.

vCash
    I was entertained enough by it, but I think the best bet to survive long-term would be to place the teams in cities that don't have NFL and don't aspire to. For example, today's game was played in DC, but the football fans there are already totally committed to the Redskins. They're not going to divide their loyalties with the Defenders. The only XFL city without an NFL team is St. Louis, but those fans are unlikely to really invest their feelings in an XFL team and will just hold out for an NFL expansion/move.

Since they're playing in smaller stadiums anyway, they should have set up in Double A-ish towns that have no real NFL aspirations. Those teams could really build a relationship with their cities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I see guys like John Ross and Eli Rogers....did they have to quit the NFL to play XFL?
    You're seeing Rashad Ross ...... John Ross is still under contract with the Bengals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I was entertained enough by it, but I think the best bet to survive long-term would be to place the teams in cities that don't have NFL and don't aspire to. For example, today's game was played in DC, but the football fans there are already totally committed to the Redskins. They're not going to divide their loyalties with the Defenders. The only XFL city without an NFL team is St. Louis, but those fans are unlikely to really invest their feelings in an XFL team and will just hold out for an NFL expansion/move.

Since they're playing in smaller stadiums anyway, they should have set up in Double A-ish towns that have no real NFL aspirations. Those teams could really build a relationship with their cities.
    Teams are based on cities that are highly populated. There are only 8 teams currently. Their goal is to expand if this season proves successful. But you won't see cities like Birmingham, Memphis, Jackson, etc getting any teams. They don't have the population to support it. They were smart this time around though..... They have experienced personnel running the show now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

I wish the Jacksonville Jaguars would move to St. Louis. I know it probably won't happen.

I would like to see the NFL consider some teams playing in dual cities- Chargers in San Diego/LA, the Raiders in Oakland/Las Vegas, Bills in Buffalo/Toronto, Jaguars in Jacksonville/London and the Arizona Cardinals in Phoenix/St. Louis.