Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boneyard yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I think it's pretty clear they're still underrated on average. Cole, Landrews, and Rivers were appropriately ranked. Abram and sweat as 3*s was criminal in hindsight; less than half of HS 5*s do as well as those 2.

Rankin panned out. Ballard panned out. Guidry was overrated.

Obviously theres still busts but far more JuCos are underrated than over
    Guidry wasn't overrated
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Guidry wasn't overrated
    He dropped way too many passes to be a four star guy.

vCash
    I don't have a bit of a problem with a Miss State fan who is in a position to do so, to prop up Miss State and to bring down Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyjones5 View Post
    If you would like a recap:
    1. Any MSU recruit= very underrated
    2. Any ole miss recruit= very very overrated
    3. Any other college recruit= about right to slightly overrated
    I like to hear positive things about MSU but he has gotten ridiculous over the past year lol
    Which of Steve's assessments of the player ratings did you disagree with?

vCash
    Guidry wasn't overrated
    Uuuummm, Okay.

vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by Coursesuper; 02-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Which of Steve's assessments of the player ratings did you disagree with?
    We arent experts on recruiting, and we dont have to be to call BS. Obviously Rosey is correct about some of our player being underrated. Hopefully hes correct about all of them. But the odds of that is extremely low.

If I'm walking around a used car lot I'm sure some of the cars there are good deals. But if the sales guy acts like every one is underpriced and great in every way, then at some point it becomes clear that salesman is full of crap, even if I'm not enough of a car guy to disprove him on any one car

vCash
    Guidry wasn't overrated
    Actually you're right. Guidry had the measurables and speed, just hands of stone. HS guys get 4* ratings based on measurables all the time and plenty of them never pan out, so you're correct it's fair that Guidry was a 4*.

Guidry had 1 issue. 1. If he could catch her have been a 600+ yeard receiver each year here. That's definately a 4* now that I think about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    We arent experts on recruiting, and we dont have to be to call BS. Obviously Rosey is correct about some of our player being underrated. Hopefully hes correct about all of them. But the odds of that is extremely low.

If I'm walking around a used car lot I'm sure some of the cars there are good deals. But if the sales guy acts like every one is underpriced and great in every way, then at some point it becomes clear that salesman is full of crap, even if I'm not enough of a car guy to disprove him on any one car
    Did you listen to the show? Bc he did not say every one of our guys was underrated. Nor did he say every non state guy was overrated. So your analogy about the sales guy saying every single car in the lot is great doesn't apply.

vCash
    Guidry will forever he know as the ....Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran...as a receiver at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Guidry will forever he know as the ....Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran...as a receiver at MSU.
    The funny thing about Guidry is not only would he not catch it- a lot of the times he would bat it up in the air making it a lot easier to get intercepted. Happened against Iowa and K-State.

vCash
    Guidry was the 3td best WRs on a shitty JUCOteam. I called him over rated when we signed him to be chastised by all the know it alls. I watched him play some in JUCO and was puzzled by the hype. A real SEC quality player stands out like a sore thumb. Catching 30 passes in JUCO is very under whelming. I.E. see Heath. SG not only couldn't catch but was a shitty route runner and was about 10% on 50-50 balls.