Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boneyard yesterday

vCash

Boneyard yesterday

If you would like a recap:
    1. Any MSU recruit= very underrated
    2. Any ole miss recruit= very very overrated
    3. Any other college recruit= about right to slightly overrated
    I like to hear positive things about MSU but he has gotten ridiculous over the past year lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyjones5 View Post
    I like to hear positive things about MSU but he has gotten ridiculous over the past year lol
    Steve certainly gives an MSU slant, but it ain't nowhere close to what Ole Miss guys do.

Our guys can't go totally objective if for no other reason than to stand up for the MSU guy vs the completely outter space delusion of the Ole Miss guys.

At least the MSU guys don't crystal ball every player in the state to MSU without solid information like the OM guys do. That's delusion & it's pissing off the Spirit guys
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I will say that I don't understand how Janari Dean and Armondous Cooley aren't four star recruits.

vCash
    It's all subjective. Saw an article last week about how our 2016 recruiting class that was ranked in the low 20's then would be about 13th now. It's a guess after the top 100 or so players in the country
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's all subjective. Saw an article last week about how our 2016 recruiting class that was ranked in the low 20's then would be about 13th now. It's a guess after the top 100 or so players in the country
    If there is one thing we can count on it's our classes being underrated. I think it's mostly because a lot of our players are from Mississippi or are on the fringe of a LSU, Alabama, or Auburn offer.

We also probably recruit JUCO's more than anyone else in the SEC and I think that hurts our rating some as they are consistently not evaluated as well like the high school players.

vCash
    Yep, and usually those guesses have a substantial bias toward recruits that are targets and commits for schools whose fanbases have a large subscription base with the recruiting sites.

vCash
    I noticed that as well.....but the main difference in them and us is that the UM fans would never post this thought....or allow it. And I like that.

vCash
    Ole Miss recruit: I don't like tweeners
    State recruit : I like tweeners

I laughed a little on that one.

vCash
    Sounds like most posters here haha

I like a more realistic view of things myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Realistic as in John Rhys Plumlee is going to run all over us?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Your views on Jimbo Fisher are very realistic**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I think jimbo is a good coach and a great recruiter. I still think aTm made a great hire... they will be damn good this year. You do realize I'm painted as a jimbo lover bc I said this board was nuts for saying Moorhead was a better hire than jimbo, right?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Ole Miss had a horrible signing class. People that aren't state homers can see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    You don't know what love is...**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You don't know what love is...**
    You guys just don't understand how jimbo treats me

vCash
    And didn't Ole Miss' 2016 recruiting class re-ranking fall from 5th to something like 28th?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Ole Miss had a horrible signing class. People that aren't state homers can see that.
    My shark fan friends aren't wanting to even comment on the signing(or lack of) class. I think it sets them back one more year and I doubt they can win 6 next year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If there is one thing we can count on it's our classes being underrated. I think it's mostly because a lot of our players are from Mississippi or are on the fringe of a LSU, Alabama, or Auburn offer.

We also probably recruit JUCO's more than anyone else in the SEC and I think that hurts our rating some as they are consistently not evaluated as well like the high school players.
    True on the JUCO ratings, but they used to be. Mississippi JUCOS had a 5-star or two nearly every year. Maybe they are rating them differently or maybe blue chippers are qualifying out of HS better now, I don't know.

vCash
    If we can, I?d like to take a moment to thank Bulldog Burger Company for sponsoring this thread... it?s where the cool kids meat.... MEAT....

Now carry on...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    True on the JUCO ratings, but they used to be. Mississippi JUCOS had a 5-star or two nearly every year. Maybe they are rating them differently or maybe blue chippers are qualifying out of HS better now, I don't know.
    I think it's pretty clear they're still underrated on average. Cole, Landrews, and Rivers were appropriately ranked. Abram and sweat as 3*s was criminal in hindsight; less than half of HS 5*s do as well as those 2.

Rankin panned out. Ballard panned out. Guidry was overrated.

Obviously theres still busts but far more JuCos are underrated than over