Thread: Kenny Chesney Super Bulldog Weekend

vCash

Kenny Chesney Super Bulldog Weekend

Kenny needs to come do a warm-up for his tour that weekend. With the pirate coaching football and ole miss in baseball, it would be a great Saturday nightcap. We would easily sell out Davis Wade with no shoes nation.

Put the stage in front of the M-Club. Take down the goal post and allow seating on the field. This just fits and works.

vCash
    Great idea! I remember when he did a show at Rick's a number of years ago as he was preparing for a tour.

vCash
    Won?t come because of MSU alcohol policy

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate that SBW is the weekend of Easter. I wonder why they did that?

vCash
    If we are just going to get him because of the beach thing, do it right and get Jimmy buffet.

Chesney, while very popular and successful, is a poor man's rip off of jimmy buffet. The no shoes nation are a bunch of wannabe parrot heads

So if you are wanting him because of the pirate stuff, don't half ass it. Do it right and get Buffett.

There is obviously zero chance of either coming, so it's a mute point, but since we are talking about it, I see no reason to get Chesney. He's the equate generic version of Buffett
    Last edited by deadheaddawg; 02-06-2020 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheaddawg View Post
    If we are just going to get him because of the beach thing, do it right and get Jimmy buffet.

Chesney, while very popular and successful, is a poor man's rip off of jimmy buffet. The no shoes nation are a bunch of wannabe parrot heads

So if you are wanting him because of the pirate stuff, don't half ass it. Do it right and get Buffett.

There is obviously zero chance of either coming, so it's a mute point, but since we are talking about it, I see no reason to get Chesney. He's the equate generic version of Buffett
    Sorry Kenny pissed in your buffet Cheerios. Part is the island theme but also he sells out everywhere. This concert would pack out the spring game and the baseball game. It would definitely reverse the Easter weekend drain. 60K concert would be a cool thing to add to the hype that is rolling at MSU right now. You always need to capitalize on momentum. Buffet wouldn?t bring in a 60K crowd.

All that said, yes probably all pipe dreams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    I hate that SBW is the weekend of Easter. I wonder why they did that?
    Because Cohen doesn't celebrate Easter?

vCash
    I’m a Parrothead from way back, let’s just say the I saw Buffett in the Hump, but Chesney puts on a better concert. Buffett never could sing and he’s getting old so his concerts are more of a tailgate event than a music event. I’m not a country fan but Chesney puts on one hell of a show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Iet's just say the I saw Buffett i'm not a country fan but Chesney puts on one hell of a show.
    That's ok because he isn't really a country singer.
    Last edited by Red Clay Hills; 02-06-2020 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    I’m a Parrothead from way back, let’s just say the I saw Buffett in the Hump, but Chesney puts on a better concert. Buffett never could sing and he’s getting old so his concerts are more of a tailgate event than a music event. I’m not a country fan but Chesney puts on one hell of a show.
    Don't let Hobie Hobart hear ya say that.. If ya know him ya know how many of his concerts he travels to every year..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Because Cohen doesn't celebrate Easter?
    I'm going to pass over this comment.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    I'm going to pass over this comment.**
    Nice. ISWYDT. And as if it doesn't last a week, which this year begins before and ends after Easter.

vCash

Oh, I see Hobie at a concert at least once a year

I'm not as dedicated as Hobie, I've probably seen Buffett about 25 times and I've only saw him multiple times in a 12 month period a couple of years. I once went to three of his concerts in a month span. I'll see him somewhere this summer most likely.

vCash
    Kenny Chesney sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kenny Chesney sucks
    Not that there is anything wrong with that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kenny Chesney sucks
    I think you meant to say "cool"**