Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lane Kiffin could have signed many, but only wanted "elite" talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is the massive misconception that the media & twitter have created. He has no personality & I think he has self esteem issues.

Twitter & Saban not letting him speak created an alternate reality perception of him

I'm honestly not sure he makes it to year 4
    His twitter personality and real life personality are about as far apart as anybody I've ever seen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    He can't carry that back to a team meeting can he? How do lead with that kind of demeanor, who would follow that?
    No one lol. If I was an ole miss fan after watching that press conference I would be very concerned. Dude acted like he didn't care. Al Davis did say Kiffin was a psycho and if anyone knows psychos it's Al Davis!

vCash
    You can't build a long sustaining program by signing bad players either.

May as well make your NOW team better if given the option. Signing good HS players is certainly the preference though
    Are you saying the high school guys we sign are bad players or you just saying something any one who follows football knows?

You take transfers out of the portal for two reasons. 1. They are really good and want to come to your school. OR 2. They are someone who can fill in a gap. Other then that if you bring to many you will have to keep bringing them in and if you miss you are screwed. You build a program buy signing high school guys and developing them. This how you build your two and three deep. Can't do that with transfers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Congrats Ole Miss. you just hired your very own Joe Moorhead. Good luck!!
    Kiffin's class is currently #39. Moorhead achieved classes of #27 and #24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Kiffin's class is currently #39. Moorhead achieved classes of #27 and #24.
    They've been in the 30's ever since probation except for last year. The thing about that class is Ealy and Plumlee were two of their better and higher rated recruits and I'm not sure that Kiffin is going to use them. I think he prefers bigger running backs and QB's that can throw and are more like Corral. I've also heard he doesn't want guys that play other sports which is the case with both of them. I can't believe that Plumlee would be OK switching to slot receiver.

vCash
    BTW, Justin Fuente just had the 70th ranked class at VT.

WTH is going on?

Did he quit?
    That's pretty bad. Somewhat related, I heard that the 13 or so players who entered the transfer portal are not welcome back at Va Tech. Those potential transfers who didn't get picked up by another school just blew a bunch of scholarship money. I don't blame the school for not taking them back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They've been in the 30's ever since probation except for last year. The thing about that class is Ealy and Plumlee were two of their better and higher rated recruits and I'm not sure that Kiffin is going to use them. I think he prefers bigger running backs and QB's that can throw and are more like Corral. I've also heard he doesn't want guys that play other sports which is the case with both of them. I can't believe that Plumlee would be OK switching to slot receiver.
    Doesn't matter now but Plumlee has slot receiver for Mike Leach would be incredible to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That's pretty bad. Somewhat related, I heard that the 13 or so players who entered the transfer portal are not welcome back at Va Tech. Those potential transfers who didn't get picked up by another school just blew a bunch of scholarship money. I don't blame the school for not taking them back.
    Sounds like a good place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Doesn't matter now but Plumlee has slot receiver for Mike Leach would be incredible to watch.
    I agree he would have been really good. I do kind of understand his viewpoint of wanting to play QB. It's going to have to be in a Rich Rod system though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    As a long time USC fan it will probably only get worse.
    Kiffin seems like the Benjamin Button of coaches. NFL, USC, Tennessee, and OC for Saban.

Ole Miss is where he should have started, before Tennessee, then USC, and then NFL

instead, he?s like a falling knife that OM decided to catch and hire. I could not care less who OM hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    His twitter personality and real life personality are about as far apart as anybody I've ever seen
    They're slowly figuring it out, but not quite there yet

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    They had a post on FB begging for walk-on's! It's bad up there!
    Last edited by West Tn Dawg; 02-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    They had a post on FB begging for walk-on's! It's bad up there!
    Hey Ealy? Any of your boys from Prep up here in Oxford going to school?

vCash
    They had a special event for $25 to hear Kiffin speak about their signing class. Clarion Kiffin is really pumping them up .

vCash
    Did they have to turn the mic volume all the way up? He's so subdued, you can't hear him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    Did they have to turn the mic volume all the way up? He's so subdued, you can't hear him.
    He did look like he got out of bed and forgot that it was signing day and had to do a press conference.

vCash
    Giving Kiffin 2 years before the wheels fall off. Social scene already getting interesting in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Giving Kiffin 2 years before the wheels fall off. Social scene already getting interesting in Oxford.
    Actually took longer than I thought.

vCash
    Will all this rain and weather make them reschedule the tryout today? They just can't have any luck.