Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lane Kiffin could have signed many, but only wanted "elite" talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    BTW, Justin Fuente just had the 70th ranked class at VT.

WTH is going on?

Did he quit?
    He's also having a bunch of players threaten to go in the transfer portal.

vCash
    Ole Miss has a top 40 class this year (39). They rank 12th in the SEC ahead of Mizzou and Vandy. But they’re elite.

vCash
    By year three he won’t be in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    As a long time USC fan it will probably only get worse.
    Lol, yep. A place that literally recruits itself, and he found a way to **** that up.

I expected him to at least have a chip on his shoulder, and coach with something to prove, but OM peeps thinking that 1) he's some great recruiter, and 2) he is going to take them to heights that matched or surpassed Freeze was pure fantasy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Leach is about to blow the doors off of him.

There is no question that Leach is a far superior coach & that Ole Miss would have to recruit significantly better than him to win.

Early indications is that looks like it won't happen & that Leach will actually have the superior roster.

I wonder if Ole Miss season ticket sales are about to take a dip?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I doubt it. Despite yesterday's failure, their fan base is definitely rejuvenated behind Lane....but that honeymoon will be over as **** when they sit at 1-4 by the first week of October.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    If we beat them this season and next it will be hell in oxford. 5 EBs in a row will send them over the edge.

vCash
    Leach is about to blow the doors off of him.

There is no question that Leach is a far superior coach & that Ole Miss would have to recruit significantly better than him to win.

Early indications is that looks like it won't happen & that Leach will actually have the superior roster.

Kiffin has yet to talk about the future of the team and keeps saying he's going to get better players NEXT TIME. I don't think he's humbled enough to recruit Mississippi. In his mind..... he's too good to sit down and talk to 3* players. Leach knows what he's doing. He's more focused on the team and organizing a structure. That's why he has a Recruiting Team. And he holds them accountable. Kiffin is collecting a paycheck.

vCash
    Either sign elite talent or don't sign anyone, leaving giant holes in the classes you have misses in. Seems like a winning strategy for sure. Everyone's got dumb football fans, but the complete lack of awareness displayed by so many of theirs is just staggering.

vCash
    Guys....

they're getting dumber. Absolutely zero evidence that Kiffin is capable of this. Absolutely zero. They're grasping at straws

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Kiffin has yet to talk about the future of the team and keeps saying he's going to get better players NEXT TIME. I don't think he's humbled enough to recruit Mississippi. In his mind..... he's too good to sit down and talk to 3* players. Leach knows what he's doing. He's more focused on the team and organizing a structure. That's why he has a Recruiting Team. And he holds them accountable. Kiffin is collecting a paycheck.
    The attitudes of the two coaches are difference due to their backgrounds.

Kiffin has only recruited to blue bloods (FAU doesn't count). He doesn't get how to win at a place like OM..

Leach has only recruited to outposts. So in his view, MSU is a gold mine that offers more resources to mine talent & develop players.

vCash
    Rosie has to be sitting there just getting giddy at the idea of how quickly he's going to be able to write the sequel to Flim Flam lol.

NCAA will be back in Oxford in no time if they start signing top 10-15 classes again next season. This is going to be glorious to watch them crash & burn with Kiffin leading them to their demise.

They seriously think this dude is the second coming of like Nick Saban. They really think he's about to start pulling top 10 classes and challenging for the entire SEC in a year or 2 and think he could have them in the playoffs in like 3-5 years. This shit is just comedic. They need some serious help.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Rosie has to be sitting there just getting giddy at the idea of how quickly he's going to be able to write the sequel to Flim Flam lol.

NCAA will be back in Oxford in no time if they start signing top 10-15 classes again next season. This is going to be glorious to watch them crash & burn with Kiffin leading them to their demise.

They seriously think this dude is the second coming of like Nick Saban. They really think he's about to start pulling top 10 classes and challenging for the entire SEC in a year or 2 and think he could have them in the playoffs in like 3-5 years. This shit is just comedic. They need some serious help.
    Even if Ole Miss cheats like they did before, I don't think Kiffin has the personality nor the desperation & drive to come close to pulling it off like Freeze did.

I just don't see it

vCash
    I still don't understand. Even if you think some guys aren't great by signing a small class you are basically self imposing probation for year. Am I missing something? Will they over sign next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I guess that's supposed to be the reason they land that top 10 class out of the blue next season.
    Many OM fans have stated as fact they will sign a Top 10-15 class next year, and at least a few have stated Top 5-10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I still don't understand. Even if you think some guys aren't great by signing a small class you are basically self imposing probation for year. Am I missing something? Will they over sign next year?
    I may be wrong but I think you can only roll over five spots max a year. You can't just pool spots if you think there are 30 legit 4-5 star recruits you can the next year.

vCash
    Even if Ole Miss cheats like they did before, I don't think Kiffin has the personality nor the desperation & drive to come close to pulling it off like Freeze did.

I just don't see it
    He'll do something to piss off the Network. Like lose to us. And then they'll cut him. Their repeat violator status complicates things for them. They can't just go all in suddenly like they did last time. They may never do that again once the fallout completely settles.

They were stupid to keep Luke ironically because they won the Egg Bowl. They needed a retread who could build a program and wasn't worried about record. They essentially wasted two years. And if Kiffin doesn't work out it's only going to be a bigger hole to dig out of.

vCash

I just don't see it
    This is probably the truth. Hugh learned how to recruit from Ed so he knew how to close on top of the bagmen. Kiffin has always thought he was superior and let Ed do all that work in the recruiting and then he'd take the credit for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is probably the truth. Hugh learned how to recruit from Ed so he knew how to close on top of the bagmen. Kiffin has always thought he was superior and let Ed do all that work in the recruiting and then he'd take the credit for it.
    Freeze was charismatic & persuasive. Kiffin is a dud introvert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Many OM fans have stated as fact they will sign a Top 10-15 class next year, and at least a few have stated Top 5-10.
    The boosters gotta boost.