Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I suspect they'll make some noise in the SEC before long.
    You're one of those types huh?

Good luck with that
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    7 page thread. An absolute meltdown.

all I got from it was you are "Raising awareness"

...in THE hell.

Print out this thread, take it to ANY psychologist in the united states and dont tell them you are shotgun. Just ask them what they think.

And then, lay there calmly. Trying to chew through the restraints will only make it worse.
    Haha. Probably true. The real reason he chose A&M was because of their cadet program along with their engineering college. You don't find that combination just anywhere.

vCash
    This is silly...
    Jackson was never coming to State, and no matter what the OM brass will tell you he wasn’t going there either..
    Some kids want to go to out of state schools. And yes we all know how recruiting works.. Some play the game better than others .. Some kids like all the games , some don’t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think this is one of the downsides of recruiting rankings.

they put kids on a pedestal early, which leads to this issue being more prevalent.
    It's getting similar to baseball. Which is why I didn't freak out over us taking commits from 9th graders back when Brewster was here.

Some guys are going to be identified early- McKinley, Cam Akers, and etc. Some are going to emerge later in the process like Chris Jones.

It was a problem before recruiting rankings. Again I don't see any way around it.

Our recruiting problem in the past IMO aren't necessarily due to us being "Mississippi State". Dan was lazy. Period. These relationships take years and it's something that has to be worked at along with winning. That's why Leach and Moorhead were having to hit the JUCO and grad transfer market heavy. Dan had a decent plan but the only time it ever came together was 2014 when we were able to have all upperclassmen pretty much at every starting position. That's why I harp so much on making sure position groups are filled and addressed. We can be a developmental program and reach our ceiling but we can't with gaps. If we start to get to 9-10 wins a season then more of these handlers will send their guys to us.

vCash
    You're one of those types huh?

Good luck with that
    Gun, you're taking the day way too seriously. It's only football. And yes, I think they'll be a lot better under Jimbo. Eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Gun, you're taking the day way too seriously. It's only football. And yes, I think they'll be a lot better under Jimbo. Eventually.
    How much longer till "eventually" happens?

Also, the coaching in the West just got tougher with Leach.

vCash
    I'm IN on the Greatest Thread, Evah...

I hope it runs as long as "Cats"....

I nominate it for a "sticky" or "HOF" consideration...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1228990]This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What happened when Ole Miss signed Tunsil?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

A&M has more money than MSU, OM, ARK, MO combined. This is not an OM pulling Tunsil...

vCash
    I can't believe this idiotic thread has made it 8 pages. But then again.

vCash
    A&M is absolutely a 2nd tier school when i comes to football. They aren't close to 1st tier. Look at their history for goodness sakes

I'd say 9 hours to College Station vs a little over 3 hours to Starkville is a pretty big difference. Not a very smart comment by you
    At first glance, this statement looks true. But it's actually false. They may not be a top tier football school but they SPEND like they are THE top football school. You do recruit like they have with consistently underwhelming and mediocre results without putting your monetary nuts on the table and spending cash.

They are an outlier in that they don't reap the rewards of solid recruiting. Most of the other schools that recruit Top 5 and Too 5 will get at least 1 year where they are 9-10 regular season wins or above. TAMU doesn't do that. Yet they still get recruits. They have $$$$ that we will NEVER be able to overcome. Unfortunate fact of football life. TAMU could do whatever they wanted to in football because of the money. They have a culture problem not being able to have had higher levels of success with their resources and $$$

vCash
    [QUOTE=IMissJack;1229260]
    \

A&M has more money than MSU, OM, ARK, MO combined. This is not an OM pulling Tunsil...
    What does how much money A&M has have to do with this being similar to Tunsil?

Please explain this further if you will

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    At first glance, this statement looks true. But it's actually false. They may not be a top tier football school but they SPEND like they are THE top football school. You do recruit like they have with consistently underwhelming and mediocre results without putting your monetary nuts on the table and spending cash.

They are an outlier in that they don't reap the rewards of solid recruiting. Most of the other schools that recruit Top 5 and Too 5 will get at least 1 year where they are 9-10 regular season wins or above. TAMU doesn't do that. Yet they still get recruits. They have $$$$ that we will NEVER be able to overcome. Unfortunate fact of football life. TAMU could do whatever they wanted to in football because of the money. They have a culture problem not being able to have had higher levels of success with their resources and $$$
    So.... because they have money, they can go buy recruits unchecked?

vCash
    So.... because they have money, they can go buy recruits unchecked?
    Correct. The quicker you learn that the easier it will make this.

You have no evidence and are calling for others to put their careers on the line to investigate one kid. Did they pay him? I'm sure they did. But it's easy to be a martyr for a cause you aren't willing to put your career on the line for.

Get over it and move past it. It is what it is and that's how it will be. If we take care of our business things will work out.

vCash
    I don't see why some do not understand how this deal worked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Correct. The quicker you learn that the easier it will make this.

You have no evidence and are calling for others to put their careers on the line to investigate one kid. Did they pay him? I'm sure they did. But it's easy to be a martyr for a cause you aren't willing to put your career on the line for.

Get over it and move past it. It is what it is and that's how it will be. If we take care of our business things will work out.
    Why would someone's career be on the line?

Rosebowl's career was made by this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timotheus View Post
    I don't see why some do not understand how this deal worked.
    Oh we get it. It's just that all we ever heard was you can't cross state lines and buy players.

Again, if MSU did what A&M just did, we'd be investigated to high hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I can't believe this idiotic thread has made it 8 pages. But then again.
    You just contributed to its longevity... oh wait! Damn!

vCash
    He was compensated by more than 1 schools fans. In the end , he signed with the best deal, long term. Like Tunsil, he might not have wanted to go there but he had to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    You just contributed to its longevity... oh wait! Damn!
    And you're still a dick. Bless your heart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    And you're still a dick. Bless your heart.
    Joke went over your dumbass head... bless your heart.