Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Looks like we'll continue the trend of losing the state's top player in 2021 as well.

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
    2020 - McKinley Jackson - A&M
    2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

May as well keep letting it happen
    Almost like all of those programs are bigger, with better history and resources, which attracts top talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    There you go. I'm all for a wall.
    and MMGA ..... Make Mississippi Great Again
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Goodness. What a pathetic fan base we have.

You 17ers don't deserve to win shit. Just a pathetic group
    17 off you tool. Why don't you start building that wall to keep the big bad programs out of Mississippi?

vCash
    So we shouldn't even provide resistance to it happening in the future?

I'm couldn't care less about McKinely Jackson. My concern is that Mississippi is completely open for business. Should we not fight against that?

If not, why?

Why can't some of you have a real conversation here?
    We have fought against it in the past, turning in both in state and out of state schools when we had evidence of it. I'm sure we will in the future too. But we'd be stupid to raise a stink over Jackson.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Nope, the NCAA can look into this if they feel it was improper. We need to worry about the next set of players.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I wouldn't concede Smith yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    17 off you tool. Why don't you start building that wall to keep the big bad programs out of Mississippi?
    Wall, I want that roof he was going on and on about. According to him there is " no reason " we can't afford it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is one of the worst threads ever.
    I'm 5 pages in and I think it's entertaining. We have become immune to LSU and Bama taking top recruits from our state, but A&M coming in is a little absurd. I can't imagine being a black athlete from MS and wanting to go there. As a white man from MS, I know I wouldn't want to go there. It's kind of obvious what happened here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Wall, I want that roof he was going on and on about. According to him there is " no reason " we can't afford it.
    We can call it the Dawg Dome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We can call it the Dawg Dome!
    You damn right!

vCash
    No. They went into Lucedale & bought a player.

Have some self respect. Mississippi should not be open for business for every school in the country to come in buy players.

That's like a gang letting another gang sell drugs on their turf. You have to stand up for yourself at some point.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/156cf08...4-1bf692a77a5c

vCash
    The real crime here is Jackson won't have to pay taxes on his business that TAMU bought....absurd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    In this thread the only poster who has agreed with Shotgun's position is Percho, and his support seemed halfhearted at best.
    I'm still trying to figure out what the other side of this is?

A. we can't do anything about it

B. We don't care

C. we're scared of being turned in ourselves so we don't turn in anyone else

What is the other side of this?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I'm still trying to figure out what the other side of this is?

A. we can't do anything about it

B. We don't care

C. we're scared of being turned in ourselves so we don't turn in anyone else

What is the other side of this?
    That there's no such thing as 'not allowing something like this to happen'. Kids choose schools for a whole host of reasons. The fact that you think there's only one option as to why he chose A&M says as much about what you think of him as it does what you think of A&M.

So basically A. If we can do something about it, tell me what that is.

vCash
    According to Shotgun we should have told Jo'Quavious Marks thanks but no thanks, he should be a good Georgia man and go to UGA or Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    You damn right!
    Hey if North Dakota State can have a dome, then why can't we!!! lol

vCash
    The REAL issue here is kids with handlers. There's at least one Marcus Dupree every year in the state and they aren't for the best interest of the kid. They're using the kid's potential for their own personal gain and quite frankly it's disgusting. Usually it's some random family member or sleazebag in the community that somehow gets in good with the player and their often single Mom family. And they never have the best interest of the player. They sell them out to some "name brand" school and then when things go sideways because the player doesn't really want to be at Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or wherever and is third in the depth chart and wants to come home that's when things hit the fan. When all of a sudden the handlers realize that their boy probably isn't going to be a first round pick and the well is about to run dry so they get their fame by stirring shit up with the name brand school and the NCAA.

And we have Bracky- what do you think will happen in that case? Ask Will Redmond. Exemplary cooperation.

Anyway eliminate handlers and you'll see this happen less often. Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The REAL issue here is kids with handlers. There's at least one Marcus Dupree every year in the state and they aren't for the best interest of the kid. They're using the kid's potential for their own personal gain and quite frankly it's disgusting. Usually it's some random family member or sleazebag in the community that somehow gets in good with the player and their often single Mom family. And they never have the best interest of the player. They sell them out to some "name brand" school and then when things go sideways because the player doesn't really want to be at Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or wherever and is third in the depth chart and wants to come home that's when things hit the fan. When all of a sudden the handlers realize that their boy probably isn't going to be a first round pick and the well is about to run dry so they get their fame by stirring shit up with the name brand school and the NCAA.

And we have Bracky- what do you think will happen in that case? Ask Will Redmond. Exemplary cooperation.

Anyway eliminate handlers and you'll see this happen less often. Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.
    Might as well try to eliminate air.

vCash
    Man, we're acting like Jeff Simmons or Chris Jones left the state. Sometimes these guys want to move. Look at Raekwon Davis...... and Nigel Knott. A&M also has the best facilities in the nation. And Jimbo Fisher can sell ketchup to a man in a white suit.

Sometimes these kids want to leave the state and maybe A&M promised early playing time where LSU and Bama told him he'd have to redshirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'm 5 pages in and I think it's entertaining. We have become immune to LSU and Bama taking top recruits from our state, but A&M coming in is a little absurd. I can't imagine being a black athlete from MS and wanting to go there. As a white man from MS, I know I wouldn't want to go there. It's kind of obvious what happened here.

No one is arguing about whether or not something was happening in the background of his recruitment.

Most agree it's odd we never got any interest or much of a look that I'm aware of. But it's recruiting. And it's not like this is something we haven't know since last fall.

----

This is not directed at you Hoops.

If you can't see the fact that most of the schools that beat us out for these types of players are bluebloods typically (maybe not this one necessarily) and how kids have the desire to go play for them then I'm not sure how to help you. But the other similarity is they have tons of money. And A&M certainly does have money. Why is it always such a shock to some when cash and chargers are kings in this land for big-time recruits?