Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What happened when Ole Miss signed Tunsil?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

To me, it's one thing if Bama & LSU do it, mostly because I feel that we're helpless against it, but A&M is different. They don't have that status. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Is Mississippi just open for business for Auburn, A&M, etc to just come in here every year & buy off our best players?

At what point do Mississippi people like Rosebowl, Yancy, etc step up & investigate this against an outside school instead of just throwing mud at each other?

To me, Mississippi people need to step up & nip this stuff in the bud or else it just shows everyone around the country that you can come into Mississippi & buy kids without risk. That only hurts our instate schools.

I realize this post will be unpopular to some, but why should Mississippi stand for this when other states don't?

To allow this to continue to happen is just a lack of self respect & zero pride.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-05-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Take a deep breath. Both Mississippi schools lost their HCs and got beat by a damn good recruiter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Take a deep breath. Both Mississippi schools lost their HCs and got beat by a damn good recruiter
    No. They went into Lucedale & bought a player.

Have some self respect. Mississippi should not be open for business for every school in the country to come in buy players.

That's like a gang letting another gang sell drugs on their turf. You have to stand up for yourself at some point.

We know the NCAA won't do anything to Bama or LSU, but A&M shouldn't be able to do what they just did.

Complete lack of self respect by Mississippians to not stand up against this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Have some self respect. Mississippi should not be open for business for every school in the country to come in buy players.

That's like a gang letting another gang sell drugs on their turf. You have to stand up for yourself at some point.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/156cf08...4-1bf692a77a5c

vCash
    Yep, they out-packaged the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As much as I don't like Jimbo, and don't think he will awaken the Sleeping Giant, this is exactly right. Jimbo is a damn good recruiter and he has resources. He landed guys like this at FSU and at LSU. It's not an out of the blue Tunsil situation.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I'm trying to figure out why you guys don't want A&M turned in over this?

What's your angle or belief on why Mississippi people shouldn't pursue this?

vCash

First, we are already in NCAA trouble and I don't see any reason it would do any good for MSU to get involved in NCAA matters if we don't have to until that is over. 2nd, we were never gonna get the kid. Like never. So how weird would it be for anyone related to MSU to turn them in? Let OM turn them in. Also the only way to turn them in is to admit you were willing to pay for him but someone outbid you. Who is gonna do that in Mississippi? Also, I think you underestimate A&M's pull and overestimate the worth of your personal overreaction. Why do you take it as a personal affront every time some kid with stars leaves Mississippi?

We had a drama free signing day and I for one am gonna enjoy it. You should try it some time.
    Last edited by MaroonBelle; 02-05-2020 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonBelle View Post
    Also, I think you....overestimate the worth of your personal overreaction.
    Beautiful!

vCash
    Honestly Mississippi State doesn't need to get involved at all. Why try and get the NCAA or people associated with MSU to investigate someone who could eventually turn us in. You do realize we are going in heavy in Texas the next recruiting cycle. All we need is BIG MONEY TAMU talking to the NCAA about MSU buying players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Honestly Mississippi State doesn't need to get involved at all. Why try and get the NCAA or people associated with MSU to investigate someone who could eventually turn us in. You do realize we are going in heavy in Texas the next recruiting cycle. All we need is BIG MONEY TAMU talking to the NCAA about MSU buying players.
    Which is exactly what would happen if we bought the best player in TX. Why do we not fight against them buying a player here?

vCash

Are you a real, living person?

vCash
    I dont think you are real. I really dont

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Are you a real, living person?
    I am. I'm a proud Mississippian that would like to see our best players not leave the state. Thus, when out of state schools buy players in the state, it would be nice if we would actually provide some push back so that it doesn't happen every year

vCash

Gun ... step back and remember the Cam Newton fiasco ..... his dad admitted to asking for cash (and yes - he was acting as Cam's agent "unofficially") ...... Tunsil admitted on national TV to taking money .... look at the slap on the wrist that OM got after all of that mess was uncovered ...... there is concrete evidence and still the plaintiffs got off Scott free ....... so even if we had evidence it wouldn't do us any good and the guy probably didn't want to come here anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As much as I don't like Jimbo, and don't think he will awaken the Sleeping Giant, this is exactly right. Jimbo is a damn good recruiter and he has resources. He landed guys like this at FSU and at LSU. It's not an out of the blue Tunsil situation.

There isn't a school in the country with the resources of Texas A&M ...throw in they now have an AD that will look the other way and actually encourages blatant cheating... it's a tough combination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    There isn't a school in the country with the resources of Texas A&M ...throw in they now have an AD that will look the other way and actually encourages blatant cheating... it's a tough combination.
    Also you can throw in the fact U of TX has as much as they do and they are going to be competing for in state talent, A&M is going to have to put out more. Dang if you are a 5 Star in Texas you could make some really good money, and set you parents up for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    Texas says hold my beer. UT endowment $30B aTm endowment $13.5B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Texas says hold my beer. UT endowment $30B aTm endowment $13.5B
    Yo homes the endowment ain't got squat to do with it...the money for athletics comes from private foundations and a willingness for the fan base to support the program....While I was was talking about just the SEC, I'll play your game ..if endowments meant anything why doesn't Harvard have the best Athletic teams on the planet? If endowments meant anything, MSU would have a tough time being in top 200. The non athletic giving at MSU is horrible.

vCash
    This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What happened when Ole Miss signed Tunsil?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

To me, it's one thing if Bama & LSU do it, mostly because I feel that we're helpless against it, but A&M is different. They don't have that status. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Is Mississippi just open for business for Auburn, A&M, etc to just come in here every year & buy off our best players?

At what point do Mississippi people like Rosebowl, Yancy, etc step up & investigate this against an outside school instead of just throwing mud at each other?

To me, Mississippi people need to step up & nip this stuff in the bud or else it just shows everyone around the country that you can come into Mississippi & buy kids without risk. That only hurts our instate schools.

I realize this post will be unpopular to some, but why should Mississippi stand for this when other states don't?

To allow this to continue to happen is just a lack of self respect & zero pride.
    You have absolutely no idea do you. There was never ever any chance of this kid staying in state, zero.