Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Man, we're acting like Jeff Simmons or Chris Jones left the state. Sometimes these guys want to move. Look at Raekwon Davis...... and Nigel Knott. A&M also has the best facilities in the nation. And Jimbo Fisher can sell ketchup to a man in a white suit.

Sometimes these kids want to leave the state and maybe A&M promised early playing time where LSU and Bama told him he'd have to redshirt.
    I've been to A&M numerous times. Ridiculous for a Mississippi kid to choose them.

They're going 120 down the freeway flicking everyone off right now just like Ole Miss did and yet no one cares.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    No one is arguing about whether or not something was happening in the background of his recruitment.

Most agree it's odd we never got any interest or much of a look that I'm aware of. But it's recruiting. And it's not like this is something we haven't know since last fall.

----

This is not directed at you Hoops.

If you can't see the fact that most of the schools that beat us out for these types of players are bluebloods typically (maybe not this one necessarily) and how kids have the desire to go play for them then I'm not sure how to help you. But the other similarity is they have tons of money. And A&M certainly does have money. Why is it always such a shock to some when cash and chargers are kings in this land for big-time recruits?
    It's not a shock. It's just endlessly frustrating and no one ever does anything about it.

When OM got Tunsil, all everyone said was "you can't cross state lines and buy players", but now that it's happened in Mississippi yet again, we don't say anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It's not a shock. It's just endlessly frustrating and no one ever does anything about it.

When OM got Tunsil, all everyone said was "you can't cross state lines and buy players", but now that it's happened in Mississippi yet again, we don't say anything.
    A&M is 1st or 2nd in annual revenue. OM is borderline top 25. That's the difference. You can "say" whatever you want. Either up the ante and match the price or let the chips fall where they may. That's the only choice in the matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    A&M is 1st or 2nd in annual revenue. OM is borderline top 25. That's the difference. You can "say" whatever you want. Either up the ante and match the price or let the chips fall where they may. That's the only choice in the matter.
    So they are coming into Mississippi and buying players & yet we don't want to do anything about it?

You see to fall into the "we can't do anything about it" category

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Might as well try to eliminate air.
    Exactly. Which is why it's best to avoid those players. Which is what we are doing.

vCash
    So they are coming into Mississippi and buying players & yet we don't want to do anything about it?

I fall in to the "I don't care" category because it's not police-able in the current NCAA climate. You only have two choices for high profile prospects-pay the going rate and put your hat in the ring or don't. I don't worry about things that we can't change. We can't change the fact that this isn't a school that produces lawyers, doctors, CEO's, people of unlimited resources. We live in one of the poorest states in America. Do the math.

vCash

I mean all we can do at MSU is identify elite players at a young age and educate their families on who to stay away from. But it's like educating people to not use meth. People still do it despite the side effects. People are still going to use handlers and they'll still be out there no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Which is why it's best to avoid those players. Which is what we are doing.
    Some are friendly some are not, if they aren't your right no need to waist time better to move on. I think this last one is going to be a problem for A&M. There's a lot going on there.

vCash
    What the hell are we going to do about it? March on the families house with pitchforks and torches ?
    The NCAA is toothless and dying now. Why do you think LSU has upgraded their player buying game lately.A&M has just decided to join the party. They aren?t going to do shit to any of the schools that are diverting money to help keep money flowing into the NCAA hands.
    Be happy we didn?t get Jackson,kid is a head case and will melt down at the first sign of adversity. A&M will regret he?s there before it?s said and done

vCash
    All of this is another reason why I would favor a 70 limit of players on scholarships.

It would distribute the better talent to more teams.

Course it might drive up the coast of a five star but we aren't going to buy any of them anyway.

The quality of every game each weekend would go up.

vCash
    Or you would have a low 4 star walking on at Alabama driving a Corvette.

Would clear up the picture anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean all we can do at MSU is identify elite players at a young age and educate their families on who to stay away from. But it's like educating people to not use meth. People still do it despite the side effects. People are still going to use handlers and they'll still be out there no matter what.
    I think this is one of the downsides of recruiting rankings.

they put kids on a pedestal early, which leads to this issue being more prevalent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    All of this is another reason why I would favor a 70 limit of players on scholarships.

It would distribute the better talent to more teams.

Course it might drive up the coast of a five star but we aren't going to buy any of them anyway.

The quality of every game each weekend would go up.
    Exactly

vCash
    7 page thread. An absolute meltdown.

all I got from it was you are "Raising awareness"

...in THE hell.

Print out this thread, take it to ANY psychologist in the united states and dont tell them you are shotgun. Just ask them what they think.

And then, lay there calmly. Trying to chew through the restraints will only make it worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    7 page thread. An absolute meltdown.

all I got from it was you are "Raising awareness"

...in THE hell.

Print out this thread, take it to ANY psychologist in the united states and dont tell them you are shotgun. Just ask them what they think.

And then, lay there calmly. Trying to chew through the restraints will only make it worse.
    Thank you for shopping at the quickie mart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    In this thread the only poster who has agreed with Shotgun's position is Percho, and his support seemed halfhearted at best.
    The way shotgun has been performing, I think he should change his login to Shovester

vCash
    This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What happened when Ole Miss signed Tunsil?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

To me, it's one thing if Bama & LSU do it, mostly because I feel that we're helpless against it, but A&M is different. They don't have that status. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Is Mississippi just open for business for Auburn, A&M, etc to just come in here every year & buy off our best players?

At what point do Mississippi people like Rosebowl, Yancy, etc step up & investigate this against an outside school instead of just throwing mud at each other?

To me, Mississippi people need to step up & nip this stuff in the bud or else it just shows everyone around the country that you can come into Mississippi & buy kids without risk. That only hurts our instate schools.

I realize this post will be unpopular to some, but why should Mississippi stand for this when other states don't?

To allow this to continue to happen is just a lack of self respect & zero pride.
    I'm not sure I'd call Texas A&M a "2nd tier school".

Plus, College Station isn't much farther from Lucedale than Starkville is. LSU is closer though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call Texas A&M a "2nd tier school".

Plus, College Station isn't much farther from Lucedale than Starkville is. LSU is closer though.
    A&M is absolutely a 2nd tier school when i comes to football. They aren't close to 1st tier. Look at their history for goodness sakes

I'd say 9 hours to College Station vs a little over 3 hours to Starkville is a pretty big difference. Not a very smart comment by you

vCash
    I've been to A&M numerous times. Ridiculous for a Mississippi kid to choose them.

They're going 120 down the freeway flicking everyone off right now just like Ole Miss did and yet no one cares.
    I had breakfast this morning with my golf buddies, all of whom are Alabama fans, and they expressed surprise that he didn't choose Bama. I guess they just didn't offer enough.

vCash
    A&M is absolutely a 2nd tier school when i comes to football. They aren't close to 1st tier. Look at their history for goodness sakes

I'd say 9 hours to College Station vs a little over 3 hours to Starkville is a pretty big difference. Not a very smart comment by you
    Yes it was. It was brilliant because I was watching the Weather Channel at the time and guessed from glancing at the map. **

Agree that A&M isn't top tier in football right now, but that has a lot to do with their old conference. I suspect they'll make some noise in the SEC before long.