Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NSD updates

vCash
    Were we expecting Benson? Hes going to IU

vCash
    UF loses Tae Williams to Miami and then Jahmyr Gibbs to GT LOL.

Tae Williams is the #1 safety in the country and Gibbs is a 4* RB with elite speed. They are calling for Knox and English both to be fired.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Yea, that one is surprising. Not sure what the draw to Indiana would be over us. Kind of hurts to lose both Spencer and Benson. We needed one or the other. This is pretty weak OL class for us. Nice to get Lashley but that is only a one year addition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post

Tae Williams is the #1 safety in the country and Gibbs is a 4* RB with elite speed. They are calling for Knox and English both to be fired.
    Mullen has done a good job with transfers, but his HS recruiting is not up to UF standards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post

#CountryClub
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Mullen has done a good job with transfers, but his HS recruiting is not up to UF standards.
    This is a big season for Mullen. I think he has his window to win the East. Be interesting if he can take the next step

vCash
    That stings a little. We will have to hit the juco market on the OL next year.

It could be worse - we could be the bearsharks - they may only sign 15. Looks like the NCAA hammer is actually falling a few years later than expected. Talk about a brutal finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    That stings a little. We will have to hit the juco market on the OL next year.

It could be worse - we could be the bearsharks - they may only sign 15. Looks like the NCAA hammer is actually falling a few years later than expected. Talk about a brutal finish.
    Well their disaster of a year should not be our measuring stick. Biggest sting was that we could have definitely signed Spencer and maybe even Benson in the early period and JoMo failed to do so. Sucks that we couldn't get either during this period with the momentum we have with Leach. Missouri and Indiana should not be programs we are losing nearby players to. Spencer was likely going to follow MJohnson whereever he went given an offer but I don't know what in the heck Benson's draw to Indiana was. Going up north to play football at a B10 basketball school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well their disaster of a year should not be our measuring stick. Biggest sting was that we could have definitely signed Spencer and maybe even Benson in the early period and JoMo failed to do so. Sucks that we couldn't get either during this period with the momentum we have with Leach. Missouri and Indiana should not be programs we are losing nearby players to. Spencer was likely going to follow MJohnson whereever he went given an offer but I don't know what in the heck Benson's draw to Indiana was. Going up north to play football at a B10 basketball school?
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get Spencer from the transfer portal because I doubt Marcus Johnson is going to be there for five years.

vCash
    Looks like Tennessee had a good day. They're #10 in recruiting, and this doesn't include getting a 5-star oline transfer from Georgia who started there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Looks like Tennessee had a good day. They're #10 in recruiting, and this doesn't include getting a 5-star oline transfer from Georgia who started there
    I'll give Pruitt credit. He seems to have pulled them out of a near disastrous situation at least for now. They were headed for a complete train wreck there for awhile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    We will have attrition. We will have more than 3 spots I'd bet come summer if we don't sign anyone else today.

I trust the staff though so I'm not really worrying about much else happening today at all. Hail yeah if it does though.
    Attrition only helps with the 85, not the 25. The 3 spots is based on spots left in the 25 I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't get this at all. Like at all.

Did A&M just walk into Mississippi with a bag of cash. How does this happen?

Strangest Mississippi signing I can ever remember
    How does A&M, a school with a shit ton of money and crazy boosters, walk into Mississippi with a bag of cash?

I don't get how you are perplexed by this. A&M is not Bama or LSU, but they can still hand out bags of cash and get the full protection of the SEC. I don't think it'd be any different if they walked in and got the #1 recruit from Louisiana or Bama. Except that they'd probably have to over pay significantly to do it.

vCash
    Recruiting to UT has never been their issue

vCash
    Recruiting to UT has never been their issue
    Typically those teams that hang around the 7-12 mark in recruiting are taking HIGH risk 4 & 5 stars.

That leads to volatile teams & cultures. It's why Auburn has always been a roller coaster. Teams that recruit in the top 5 usually get character & intelligence with their 4/5 star ranking
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Attrition only helps with the 85, not the 25. The 3 spots is based on spots left in the 25 I think.
    Or 83 in our case.

Just saw on the news that Detraveon Brown (WR from Shreveport) signed with Ole Miss but didn't actually receive a LOI from them. WTF??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, that one is surprising. Not sure what the draw to Indiana would be over us. Kind of hurts to lose both Spencer and Benson. We needed one or the other. This is pretty weak OL class for us. Nice to get Lashley but that is only a one year addition.
    Well obviously IU waltzed into MS with a bag of cash and bought him! Why else would an 18 yo leave. Get detective Shotgun Dog on the case, stat!***

ETA... and who give a flying 17 about UT recruiting except Mr. Post-a-Lot??
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 02-05-2020 at 08:36 PM.