Thread: Reasons why our basketball team is dominating now

vCash

Reasons why our basketball team is dominating now

Spoon at PG - 11pts, 9 assist, 8 rebounds, steal and block yesterday. He is the straw that stirs the drink now and I'll just say it - best PG in SEC.

Perry is the beast inside we all knew he was. He has moved inside with only occasional outside shots and yes he can shoot it but he is best big man in SEC and playing like it.

Woodard - a matchup nightmare, small forward. Woodard is maybe the best pure shooter on the floor each night. He plays D and rebounds too.

Those are 3 that are on NBA draft boards for a reason.

DJ - really coming into his own and not forcing anything. Redshirting was brilliant move by coach and him.

Ado - As much as Perry owns the O end, Ado owns the D end. Ado draws the big for other team which allows the other mismatch on Perry. No one can matchup with our front line. We are a tough out and much due to Ado affect.

Bench

Carter - perfect off the bench with a scoring boost and catches the D off guard. Senior who is cool under pressure and has a great attitude adjusting to coming off bench.

Molinar - great contributor as a freshman. Good shooter and finisher at the rim. Plays good D. Having two good guards off the bench is huge.

Oduro - He is a solid big off bench. Plays hard and has some moves.

Feazell - good athleticism and with Oduro gives us two good bigs off bench.

Two guards and two bigs off bench is pretty good depth to go with our starters.

Almost forgot coach Howland. He has done a great job getting all this talent to finally figure it out It ain't easy with all the talent. Credit to the character of these young men too and their parents who raised them.

We have the recipe for March madness run. The Hump even sounded like a basketball school and the Hump of old during the big runs and three point, TO on floor calls. Bulldog basketball is finally back. Hang on for the ride this is gonna be fun.

vCash
    Yep, I did a preseason break down of roster and even though we have struggled a bit at times I think we are finding our groove. Good chance to make a run this year. All the pieces are there plus we have post season experience.

vCash
    Great analysis, I'm ready, Hail State!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    It's pretty simple:

Perry is playing more in the paint
    Nick is starting to get in his groove
    Carter went to the bench
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    It's pretty simple:

Carter went to the bench
    Has Carter been having lots of games similar to the one Saturday? I know he took some selfish shots, lacked a team play mentality and was missing. Is this a trend or was Saturday just a bad day for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Has Carter been having lots of games similar to the one Saturday? I know he took some selfish shots, lacked a team play mentality and was missing. Is this a trend or was Saturday just a bad day for him?
    Last 5 games...
    Tenn: 8 pts 3 reb 2:0 assists to TO
    Florida: 12 pts 1 reb 1:3 assists to TO
    Ok: 14 pts 3 reb 1:2 assists to TO
    Ark: 10 pts 4 reb 2:1 assists to TO
    Georgia: 18 pts 1 reb 3:2 assists to TO

I think carter is playing fine. If he can just stay away from bad shot selection and get a little better assists to TO ratio, he can be a very valuable 6th man

vCash
    It's pretty simple:

Carter went to the bench
    Agree.

And I’m not a huge Coach Cal honk but what he said after the Vandy game is spot on. And it’s a great press conference ..
    Losing to Vandy at halftime .. He said.. ‘This is ur team not mine you can decided if you want to win or lose. I’m fine with it..
    I agree you can only coach and teach kids so much it’s up to them to go out and get it done

This team hopefully has bought into what CBH wants them to do and now he wants them play.
    Be solid on defense and play thru Perry he has basically said it from the start of the season.. if they continue to do that and Ado can stay out of foul trouble we will be fine going forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

if they continue to do that and Ado can stay out of foul trouble we will be fine going forward
    And Perry stay out of foul trouble too. It's what killed us against Oklahoma.

vCash
    It's pretty simple:

Carter went to the bench

Yep Perry and Nick are the main two changes. I just added the other stuff because all that adds up too and pushes over an edge.

vCash
    DJ will be the difference in the long run - we go as he goes