Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My one disappointment with the super bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yes, he chose his words horrifically....thus insinuating that he does not respect POWs. He absolutely insinuated that. Whether he intended to or just did a horrible job of speaking in the moment when trying to attack someone else is up to you to decide for yourself. But he 100% did insinuate that by what he said, which is that John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was a POW.
    You need to go back and look at the history between the two starting in the late 1990's. McCain has says some pretty stupid stuff as well. Being a veteran or a parent of a veteran does not give you impunity to say and do what you want. If you put you self in a political position using that status you have given up that right not to be criticize. . Just my opinion as a Veteran.

To Trump's credit McCain was given a Presidential funeral. That doesn't happen much for a none president and for that to happen the sitting President of the United States has to sign off on it.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 02-03-2020 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    You need to go back and look at the history between the two starting in the late 1990's. McCain has says some pretty stupid stuff as well. Being a veteran or a parent of a veteran does not give you impunity to say and do what you want. If you put you self in a political position using that status you have given up that right not to be criticize. . Just my opinion as a Veteran.

To Trump's credit McCain was given a Presidential funeral. That doesn't happen much for a none president and for that to happen the sitting President of the United States has to sign off on it.
    I'm. Not. Defending. John. McCain.

I'm not saying anything about the worthiness of either side in the feud or how legitimate any of it is.

I'm saying that Donald Trump absolutely did go after John McCain, however justified, and the vehicle he used to do that was McCain's status as a POW. By doing that, through his own words, he was insinuating that being a POW means you are not a hero. Bottom line. That is what he said.

vCash
    didn't they make a politics board for this

vCash
    I'm. Not. Defending. John. McCain.

I'm not saying anything about the worthiness of either side in the feud or how legitimate any of it is.

I'm saying that Donald Trump absolutely did go after John McCain, however justified, and the vehicle he used to do that was McCain's status as a POW. By doing that, through his own words, he was insinuating that being a POW means you are not a hero. Bottom line. That is what he said.
    Ask John McCains first wife what she thinks of him and his faithfulness after she was severely injured in a car wreck....

Banned
    vCash
    This thread started with a question as to whether or not the players should have acknowledged the WWII Vets.

Typically, the libs have to interject Trump into the equation who normally they wouldn't give 2 17s about John McCain. They are like bitchy wives who keep logs on you for shit you've done in the past that has zero shits to do about the topic at hand.

Polling numbers for Trump amongst military folks are off the charts. They are smart enough to know actions are more important than off the cuff remarks that are used by political enemies to distract and deceive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Ask John McCains first wife what she thinks of him and his faithfulness after she was severely injured in a car wreck....
    Why do you guys keep talking about John McCain like I'm trying to defend him?

The bottom line is that Donald Trump said John McCain is not a hero because he was a POW. Period.

Banned
    vCash
    Why do you guys keep talking about John McCain like I'm trying to defend him?

The bottom line is that Donald Trump said John McCain is not a hero because he was a POW. Period.
    No, not period. Trump was just being an asshole back to McCain because McCain had been an asshole to him. Trump doesn't look down on POW's and you KNOW it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    No, not period. Trump was just being an asshole back to McCain because McCain had been an asshole to him. Trump doesn't look down on POW's and you KNOW it.
    ...specifically about him being a POW. He was not 'just an a-hole' to McCain about something personal. It was that he was a POW and only that he was a POW. Regardless of what caused him to want to attack McCain, that's what he used to do it. The refusal to just admit that it does insinuate that a POW is not a hero because they were captured is asinine.

If McCain had said something along the lines of 'Donald Trump is not a role model because he is fat,' it would be fair to say that McCain is insinuating that fat people are not and can't be role models.

Donald Trump said McCain was not a hero because he was captured. He was insinuating that people who are captured are not heroes.

Banned
    vCash
    It was tongue in cheek smoot. He was attacking McCain personally. You know damned well he would never make a generalization of POW's being lesser heroes. Keep hanging on to that false premise if that makes you feel better though. You are playing what's known as "gotcha " politics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    It was tongue in cheek smoot. He was attacking McCain personally. You know damned well he would never make a generalization of POW's being lesser heroes. Keep hanging on to that false premise if that makes you feel better though. You are playing what's known as "gotcha " politics.
    Good gosh, man. If someone on the other side made a 'tongue in cheek' comment about POWs not being heroes because they were captured, you would be all over them for it forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    You?ve got four decorated vets all 100 years old from WWII(one from the famous Tuskegee airmen) and not one of those team captains went over to shake hands with them. Disappointing.

ETA Honorary coin toss captains
    When I was a co-op student back in the '60s, one of my really good friends and mentor on the job was a WWII B-24 pilot. I spent a lot of time talking to him, and my wife and I often visted with him and his wife (even though they were much older) on weekends and even went camping with them on several occasions. He was 17, I believe, when he volunteered for the Army Air Corp and wanted to be a pilot (pilots didn't need to have college degrees in WWII, so he went in as a 2nd Lt). He was quite slim, and the night before his physical he had to eat endless bananas to gain enough weight to pass the minimum requirement. I can't remember how many missions he flew, but on one of them all engines were shot out and he was forced to ditch the plane in Belgium. He's passed on now, as of about 15 years ago, but he was a great person to talk to and admire. Another guy in our office was a P-51 pilot but I never really knew him all that well.

vCash
    This is the most entertaining thread in a long time!! Political basis can make college degrees look like sh*t-wiping paper.

vCash
    I'm up in this beeeeotch....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17